The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

For me I have to have the cyclops on a Rolex otherwise it just doesn't seem like a Rolex. It's one of the reasons why I dislike the daytona.
I hear that. The Cyclops is often viewed as trademark of rolex sportd watches and definitely attracts attention. If you like the Daytona but want a Cyclops I think there's an old tudor model that looks pretty much the same and has a cyclops too.

lmao. this a watch thread. so heres another watch pic i stole from instagram. peace
koleone.jpg

Isn't it better to keep it at the bank?

The AP bracelet makes the watch in my opinion. However, this is super clean for casual day to day. Very nice, man.

I think putting a silicon band on these high end watches is like putting fake spinner rims on a new benz. I wouldn't buy a Buolva with a silicon band. High end watches should be a precious metal otherwise you're getting jerked.

I think putting a silicon band on these high end watches is like putting fake spinner rims on a new benz. I wouldn't buy a Buolva with a silicon band. High end watches should be a precious metal otherwise you're getting jerked.

Its more for function that style but I do think for the $ gold divers cost they should come with a precious metal & a NATO band just in case you do go swimming with it it cant cost that much considering how much your going to spend. A good high end exotic leather strap with a precious metal clasp i would not feel jerked

Animal skin is ok, I've just never been a fan of silicon bands. Also I hope you're not actually swimming in chlorine with gold on...

The sportier high end watches come with rubber bracelets like Panerais, Hublots, and AP royal oaks. I didnt get into rubber bracelets until I owned Hublot and Panerai. I dont think it cheapens the watch like crappy rims. It's just a different function. Some people like less flashy. When I was younger, I liked super shiny watches like Breitlings, but now, I still want to wear a nice watch, but I prioritize comfort for my everyday watches.

Yes, the bracelet of the Royal Oak is a work of art (and a thing of beauty), but these things look so damn good on rubber. Anyone who disagrees has poor taste. Don't @ me.

Sorry, I meant a lot of the Royal Oak Offshores come with rubber bracelets. I think those and Panerai is what set off the rubber bracelent trend. I have had some awesome nubuck Panerai straps that aged nicely and some RO Offshores come with nice hornback leather straps that are sharp looking, and I do love the way the Royal Oak steel bracelets and Rolex jubilee bracelets look too. I'm just saying, rubber bracelets do have their place in the lux watch market. That's why Rolex jumped on board with it.

Yes, the bracelet of the Royal Oak is a work of art (and a thing of beauty), but these things look so damn good on rubber. Anyone who disagrees has poor taste. Don't @ me.

I guess I don't have any taste at all because i really don't love AP's all that much any way lol. But I feel you

Sorry, I meant a lot of the Royal Oak Offshores come with rubber bracelets. I think those and Panerai is what set off the rubber bracelent trend. I have had some awesome nubuck Panerai straps that aged nicely and some RO Offshores come with nice hornback leather straps that are sharp looking, and I do love the way the Royal Oak steel bracelets and Rolex jubilee bracelets look too. I'm just saying, rubber bracelets do have their place in the lux watch market. That's why Rolex jumped on board with it.

:emoji_relaxed::emoji_thumbsup: I got you. And I do love the rubber on a PAM

Animal skin is ok, I've just never been a fan of silicon bands. Also I hope you're not actually swimming in chlorine with gold on...

I know its bad for it but yea sometimes but I never take my ring/ chain off. as far as watches I dont got $ like that to have a gold watch

I know its bad for it but yea sometimes but I never take my ring/ chain off. as far as watches I dont got $ like that to have a gold watch

I'm just not ready for a solid gold watch. I'm 41, but still don't feel old enough to pull it off yet. Maybe down the line.

Damn didn’t know NT had so many high rollers outchea talmbout Rolexes, Pateks, AP, etc.

I personally prefer the look of rubber straps with sport watches. Aquanauts, Nautilus, Royal Oaks, Yachtmaster 40, Daytonas, the new Seamaster 300, even Everest/Rubber B on Submariners...all look great with rubber straps. Most Richard Milles are on rubber strap...they’d look hella weird on steel.

Props to homie for putting tagged pics to shut the haters up lol

Don't get me wrong... I love the AP bracelet. Fantastic finish and comfort. I just wanted to dress it down and not be too worried about scratching it up once in a while. Also, this opens up another avenue of strap options available with that AP conversion kit. :smokin I like having options without having to buy another watch. :lol:

yes i collect other watches. rolex has been good to me. and is easier to wear everyday since i look like a regular joe when im out.
on the waiting list for a few pateks. ap's had a few but always get bored of em.

How do AP's bore you but Patek's dont? I'm the total opposite. I feel like i've been on a roller coaster with watches. I've tried everything before owning a Patek, even Vacheron and Lange (Lange 1 Moonphase was passed down to me). I'm finally getting through the tunnel and seeing patek's on IG all day is finally making me pull the trigger. I feel like AP's have the most beautiful bracelet out there. To each their own. I've always hated richard mille but i'm sure in a couple years i'll be looking for one. For years i thought Patek was pretty boring myself. Point being, maybe you dislike them but when you’ve amassed such a collection you should have one just for the sake of it lol.

Back
Top Bottom