The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Divers tend to not be super popular and IMO are a little clunky; that’s all opinion though. I would wait for a good deal on a 39mm royal oak dual time, they pop up here and there. The 39mm dual times wear just as well as a 40mm Rolex.

Gdi

This is why I need to see one in person lol. Guess I’ll do more homework.

Gdi

This is why I need to see one in person lol. Guess I’ll do more homework.

Yeah you should, the problem with AP dealers (even the bigger boutiques like Westime) is that they don't carry much inventory at all. Pretty much all of them are dried up when it comes to RO and ROO. Most places are just stocking the 37mm ladies models, millenarys and the Perpetual calendars in 18k that are like 100k.

AP and Patek are churning out watches much slower than Rolex. They aren't as huge and their watches are a bit more intricate. So couple that with the demand we have been seeing and you will see a crazy drought in the market.

Best bet is to find a watch reseller to try them on, but you probably won't like their price. You can window shop there and then put an order in for the watch you want at an AD. Good luck.

Call ahead to your local shops and see what they are carrying atm

damn, i hate going to stores that aren't my usual AD

went to one that I just happen to be by to check out a few pieces and dude that "helped" me felt like he was rushing me when there wasn't even anyone else in the store

inquired about the DJ36 and they don't have the specific one I wanted, he tells me to just order it and wait 2-3 months, told him i'm the type of dude that if I like something I want it there on the spot and dude just shrugs

i told him i bought watches from there before (just to BS because I felt like i was being treated badly) and he just stayed quiet and just waited for me to remove the watch i was trying on

once i was done, he was just content for me to go, I asked for a card and he hands me one and dude didn't even bother to ask my name or my number

if i had more time, i'd try on every watch in there and just waste his time to no end

just for reference, i got quoted $7200 out the door ($7950 retail) for those who may need a reference

also got to try on the Cartier Tank and mediums definitely more my size, gon' be my list for sure
cartier.jpg

I'm starting to hate going to watch boutiques period. Given such high demand and limited supply, they really do act like they're doing us a favour by even gracing us with their presence. The joke, however, is on them, because the minute the economy takes the slightest dip, the majority of these fools will be out of a job.

yah some of those sales people take things for granted, instead of creating a relationship with new clients they'd rather skate on by

Cool video, I always notice watches in movies and will follow up on them later to see what they were.

I bought my Suunto Core after watching The Equalizer. I use it for work and the gym. It’s banged up but it just adds to the rugged look.
C0542FC9-4D39-4569-88DD-398958544C51.jpeg

Has Ellen ever done a time piece interview?
She is always wearing a watch (usually Rolex) on her show. I searched but didn’t find much.

55484221657__E00EED6E-E0E7-4A3C-9A09-19D792279BAC.JPG 55484222143__07FAA267-9073-4037-93FC-4A33C444927D.JPG Image-1.jpg

Any of you guys have an opinion on Swiss Crown preowned Rolexes? How reputable a company are they? The reason I ask is these watches are currently 30% off right now and will be 40% off that reduced price tomorrow at Dillards.

Attachments

• 55484222515__3B7AF5DC-93D6-4E73-82F1-CAB9977C8F1A.JPG
    55484222515__3B7AF5DC-93D6-4E73-82F1-CAB9977C8F1A.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom