The thread about nothing

:lol: Funny seeing posts about Horrorcore, Action speaks louder than words, just came on in the itunes on shuffle. Never delved much into the genre, but i did jam Nip when i was a youngin.

here's another one

here's another one

dont know if you can help, but im not too familiar w/ metal. i really like iron maiden/judas priest type groups, could you recommended any other groups that have high pitched (operatic? :lol:) singers w/ crazy hammer-on filled/technical guitar solos?

Last edited:
Bucket's good, let me get back to you on some real answers with that. I know your probably don't want Fleshgod, no mortals can handle them, their last album is played like an opera

but if you want the older metal like priest and Maiden, Dio is our god with the vocals

but a mixture of both above would I guess be Dream Theater. Everyone in the metal scene loves and respects them to the fullest. Skill level off the charts

good looking out, i've listened to a little ronnie james dio before might have to dig deeper. and that dream theater is pretty good too. you were right about fleshgod tho, a lil too much for me. i guess operatic wasn't the best choice of words, but its the best way i could describe that high pitched meatloaf type singing as opposed to yelling or screaming. guess its safe to say w/ my limited metal knowledge i like the older stuff more. hell, im down w/ stryper :rofl:. out of curiosity how were they looked at in the metal scene?

Last edited:
Its seems that you like 80's glam metal which was a dark time for true metalheads
laugh.gif
like the rise of soulja boy in the 00's, real hip-hop heads knew the music was terrible but that shiii was super popular so we had to sit and watch the world turn as this thing grabs money. No offense some were actually talented but none lasted like the real metal bands. Maiden and Priest outlasted Guns N Roses and Motely Crue by a long shot feel me? there are hidden gems of course not saying GnR are terrible or anything, we went from hell death & all things dark lovers and anti-government things, not literally only sex, girls and drugs. Glam dudes for the record did more drugs then any other subgenre of metal

hidden gems

That being said in the time of glam or as real metalheads call G.L.A.M (Gay LA Music) Styper being a christian glam band when glam is sex & drugs everyday they weren't gonna last long. alright but not worth mentioning too much in the history of metal encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom