The Thread About Nothing...

So what happens to Terrence Williams? Journeyman already. Does he rub coaches the wrong way or something? Damn.

Originally Posted by Benjamin Stone

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

All Sport was the best drink before it became carbonated

Funny you say this, I hadn't had an All Sport for years, and I remember it being carbonated back in the day. I bought one the other day and it was just like Gatorade (no carbonation). So...???
So I guess I have the opposite opinion.

We would get free All Sport when I played AAU in like 5th grade. Bottles of carbonated of drink for the games.
laugh.gif
kids would get sick off it.

Man Brandon Knight just disappeared after being drafted by Detroit. I haven't heard his name once this season. Is it too early to say that he's destined to be a bust or do we give him the John Wall benefit of the doubt for having a bad team? Even Enes Kanter and Jimmer haven't done much.

I swear this past draft class is going to go down as the worst in recent years,it wasn't promising to begin with. This years class on the other hand is looking very very good. Some superstar caliber players in Davis,Kidd-Gilchrist,Jones,Robinson and maybe Lamb and Barnes.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by Benjamin Stone

Funny you say this, I hadn't had an All Sport for years, and I remember it being carbonated back in the day. I bought one the other day and it was just like Gatorade (no carbonation). So...???

We would get free All Sport when I played AAU in like 5th grade. Bottles of carbonated of drink for the games.
laugh.gif

That's crazy the exact opposite happened to you
laugh.gif
send some my way! haha.

TWill has so much potential too... He can jump, has great court vision, athletic, & can slash to the basket no problem. Im just guessing he can't get along with coaches or his attitude isn't right (he's had problems with both in Jersey). I think if a team gives him some freedom he'd deliver though.

Moe Fab wrote:
I truly love sports and can't fathom how people can't.
It's mind-boggling.

I mean I love sports but I can see why some don't. I've often thought of it this way after my team loses and I'm heartbroken; caring a lot about sports is absolutely ridiculous. How would you explain to an alien or some kid from a 3rd world country with no sports teamz the fact that your day was ruined because your sports team lost. "Well uh, a bunch of guys who I've never met before, they couldn't put this round ball through a hoop and net as many times as this other group of guys I've never met before...nah I wasn't there, they don't know which I am....Yea of course I still have food and a job and place to live...yea I suppose the outcome of the game didn't change anything about my actual life, but THAT'S MY TEAM MAN!!"

You see what I'm saying?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

i hate all new york sports team and their fans, annoying as #%%#.

i get crap all the time for being a houston fan because i dont live in texas and dont live anywere near it, but #%%# you , who are you to judge? let my texans live.

baseball has WAYYYYYYYYY too many games and not enough playoff spots.

the NBA is no fun to watch, it needs to be structed similer to the NFL in terms of free agency/cap

the NBA lottery is the worst thing ever, if you dont think its rigid i got 3 beans to sell you.

How are Islanders; Bills, Liberty, Rangers, Devils, Nets, Red Bulls, and Met fans annoying?

I like sports but I get annoyed when people are so obsessed that they make irrational choices due to them. I've literally had people not want to get to know me because of the football team I cheer for. Issues. People that want to fight you and think it's ok to scream profanity in your face for no reason due to the team you cheer for. Issues. I like sports but perspective is a GREAT thing in life

My personal favorite NBA player sneakers from the 90s 

michael-jordan-concord-air-jordan-xi-retrospective-02.jpg

ghill.jpg

nike-air-more-uptempo-black-white-6.jpg

4. Eddie Jones

d1525c87f5e735b8c8d35fc91df81c607f47ecb.jpg

5. shawn kemp

reebok-kamikaze-ii-shawn-kemp-3.jpg

Originally Posted by supahoopa

i had to put this down before i read the whole thread

but no one can tell me that vcu is a better job than Illinois
my guy tells me that vcu is stable
shoot shaka barely made it to the tourney this year
i think he would do better with some kids from chicago

bruce webber jus couldnt get it done let some kids slip through his fingers

chicago talent from that last couple of years >>>
psh i dont know everyone
but they had some kids do some things in college..

penny was t-mac before t-mac
t-mac was kd before kd
therefore penny=t-mac=kd

practice > excited

ill be back with more...

My two cents would be that him (and Stevens) are waiting for a "bigger" gig.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Moe Fab wrote:
I truly love sports and can't fathom how people can't.
It's mind-boggling.

I mean I love sports but I can see why some don't. I've often thought of it this way after my team loses and I'm heartbroken; caring a lot about sports is absolutely ridiculous. How would you explain to an alien or some kid from a 3rd world country with no sports teamz the fact that your day was ruined because your sports team lost. "Well uh, a bunch of guys who I've never met before, they couldn't put this round ball through a hoop and net as many times as this other group of guys I've never met before...nah I wasn't there, they don't know which I am....Yea of course I still have food and a job and place to live...yea I suppose the outcome of the game didn't change anything about my actual life, but THAT'S MY TEAM MAN!!"

You see what I'm saying?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Nah B, I see what your sayin', and I know people think I'm crazy for my love of my teams. I mean I can't even watch ESPN when my team loses. But I ain't one of those folks who try to fight other teams fans like homie said. But yeah, maybe that was hyperbole on my part, I can see why people don't, but it just seems a bit odd for someone not to like at least one sport. *shrugs*

Okay, my opinion on how the NBA draft rule should be:

Only a selected bunch of HS students who truely are looked at as pro ready prospects should be able to jump to the League. Ofcourse they can decide to go to school but if they do, they must stay atleast 3 years UNLESS you achieve certain awards. Such as:

Made a All-American team (1,2,3)
Indiv. Awards such as the John Wooden POTY
Gets confirmed by NBA scouts that they're pro ready.

Example: Austin Rivers would not have been able to jump straight to the L. Yes he was 1st team all ACC but he didn't really show at all that he was ready.

Now look at a guy like Anthony Davis. The moment he stepped foot on court this year, he showed the abilty that he can play in the NBA and contribute ASAP. Look at him now, 1st team AA, most likely POTY, he would with no question be eligible for the draft.

Basically, unless you possess pro skills consistantly throughout your time in college, you can't apply for the NBA draft until your Jr. seaaon (CFB basically).

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by supahoopa

i had to put this down before i read the whole thread

but no one can tell me that vcu is a better job than Illinois
my guy tells me that vcu is stable
shoot shaka barely made it to the tourney this year
i think he would do better with some kids from chicago

bruce webber jus couldnt get it done let some kids slip through his fingers

chicago talent from that last couple of years >>>
psh i dont know everyone
but they had some kids do some things in college..

penny was t-mac before t-mac
t-mac was kd before kd
therefore penny=t-mac=kd

practice > excited

ill be back with more...

My two cents would be that him (and Stevens) are waiting for a "bigger" gig.

How much bigger? Kentucky? UCLA?

I like the idea of this thread;

-I am a die hard Denver, CO sports fan. Meaning I love the broncos, nuggets, rockies, and avalanche. I hate when people talk bad about my teams when they arent even from Denver, or know the history of the teams.

-I hate Carmelo Anthony with a passion. Met him a few times when her was a Nugget and the guy thought he was way too cool to live in Denver. Example he told a waitress at a bar, "I am Carmelo Anthony, I dont bar tabs, you should be paying me to come here"

-I honestly dont like big market teams that take away player from smaller market teams, I dont see what the big deal is about an NYC and LA. Been to both many times and just wouldnt want to live there.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Okay, my opinion on how the NBA draft rule should be:

Only a selected bunch of HS students who truely are looked at as pro ready prospects should be able to jump to the League. Ofcourse they can decide to go to school but if they do, they must stay atleast 3 years UNLESS you achieve certain awards. Such as:

Made a All-American team (1,2,3)
Indiv. Awards such as the John Wooden POTY
Gets confirmed by NBA scouts that they're pro ready.

Example: Austin Rivers would not have been able to jump straight to the L. Yes he was 1st team all ACC but he didn't really show at all that he was ready.

Now look at a guy like Anthony Davis. The moment he stepped foot on court this year, he showed the abilty that he can play in the NBA and contribute ASAP. Look at him now, 1st team AA, most likely POTY, he would with no question be eligible for the draft.

Basically, unless you possess pro skills consistantly throughout your time in college, you can't apply for the NBA draft until your Jr. seaaon (CFB basically).

Thoughts?
That's too difficult to govern. Like...who would this panel consist of and what would make their evaluation skills so grand that they can decide who and who can't go pro?

I think players should be able to go from hs to the draft if 4 of the top 5 picking teams say they want them in the draft.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

I think players should be able to go from hs to the draft if 4 of the top 5 picking teams say they want them in the draft.

How would that be any different from the old rule of just being able to enter directly?
Nobody was holding a gun to those "4 of the top 5 teams" forcing them to choose HS players. They were evaluated and scouted just like college athletes were.

I think the rule either needs to mirror college football...or not exist at all.

The one year rule is pointless. 

I like the idea Dan Patrick mentioned, I dont know who else has said it but

You can declare for the draft out of HS but if you don't you gotta stay in college at least two years 

Calipari also mentioned the league picking up the players injury insurance and allowing players to take out loans too

Well from my "sources"
laugh.gif
, the NBA is talking about changing the rule again. I'm sure there has been some talk on websites about it as well. Basically, they will let HS'ers go straight to the league and if you go to college, they have to stay for at least 2 years.

Originally Posted by jville819

Peter Warrick is the most exciting college football player of all-time

Can't tell me nothing
as a kid watching, I thought he was gonna be GOAT 
laugh.gif

I love filling out a bracket for March Madness but it makes watching the tourney a bit of a pain because I end up cheering for the teams I picked instead of my favourites or the underdogs

RetroBaller wrote:

Benjamin Stone wrote:

FinallyFamous wrote:

laugh.gif

That's crazy the exact opposite happened to you
laugh.gif
send some my way! haha.

All Sport started out carbonated I think you've got it mixed up.

I think the rule either needs to mirror college football...or not exist at all.

The one year rule is pointless.

This.

As a basketball fan I think it'll be very disappointing if the Heat don't get at least 3 titles out of this 5 years. I also don't expect them to win 3, so I think that them teaming up like they did should be considered a failure if that's what happens.

Back
Top Bottom