The Hurt Locker
Jarhead
Full Metal Jacket
Enemy At the Gates
Dead Presidents
Platoon
Tigerland

Tropic Thunder gets honarble mention since it is a comedy

I'm really late, but the Hurt Locker was the most ridiculous movie I've even seen. It had to be written in a tounge in cheek manner

^ What Pabs said so many great movies are war/military movies

Top 10

Inglorious Basterds
Apocalypse Now 
The Deer Hunter
The Hurt Locker
Jarhead
Full Metal Jacket
Enemy At the Gates
Dead Presidents
Platoon
Tigerland

I'm really late, but the Hurt Locker was the most ridiculous movie I've even seen. It had to be written in a tounge in cheek manner
explain 
nerd.gif

Going to hike up mission peak tomorrow :pimp:

its been awhile, i just hope all those new year resolution people aren't there :lol:..i take the hard route anyway

Pitch Perfect is good. Funny, good looking women, solid musical numbers. Worth giving it a shot.

How do you tell her she's getting fat without sounding like a *******?
In b4 "how you gon love me if your heart ain't healthy? "

Top 10

Inglorious Basterds

Apocalypse Now 

The Deer Hunter

The Hurt Locker

Jarhead

Full Metal Jacket

Enemy At the Gates

Dead Presidents

Platoon

Tigerland

explain :nerd:

its just so ridiculously unrealistic. First off, in the scene in the beginning when he is running around town in his "bomb proof suit", and he just picks up all those daisy chained 155 shells....that would never happen. There are protocols about that kind of stuff, if they would have exploded it would have taken out a few city blocks...dude would have killed his whole team.

And when that car was driving at him, and he pulls out his pistol and points it at the car until it stops......really?

Second, EOD ALWAYS, rolls around with massive amounts of security, I have been security for EOD before, no way he is going to just be running around by himself or with his little team.

Third, there is no way they would just let that guy randomly walk outside the FOB to go track down some little Iraqi kid that got kidnapped or something.

Thats just the stuff off the top of my head, I made a list once of like 25 ridiculous things that happen in that movie. If you watch it with anyone whos ever been in the military they will point them all out to you.

I'm all for embellishment for sake of cinema, but that movie left me with the :stoneface:

Pitch Perfect is good. Funny, good looking women, solid musical numbers. Worth giving it a shot.

Anna has slowly grown on me since Up in the Air

Top 10

Inglorious Basterds

Apocalypse Now 

The Deer Hunter

The Hurt Locker

Jarhead

Full Metal Jacket

Enemy At the Gates

Dead Presidents

Platoon

Tigerland

its just so ridiculously unrealistic. First off, in the scene in the beginning when he is running around town in his "bomb proof suit", and he just picks up all those daisy chained 155 shells....that would never happen. There are protocols about that kind of stuff, if they would have exploded it would have taken out a few city blocks...dude would have killed his whole team.

And when that car was driving at him, and he pulls out his pistol and points it at the car until it stops......really?

Second, EOD ALWAYS, rolls around with massive amounts of security, I have been security for EOD before, no way he is going to just be running around by himself or with his little team.

Third, there is no way they would just let that guy randomly walk outside the FOB to go track down some little Iraqi kid that got kidnapped or something.

Thats just the stuff off the top of my head, I made a list once of like 25 ridiculous things that happen in that movie. If you watch it with anyone whos ever been in the military they will point them all out to you.

I'm all for embellishment for sake of cinema, but that movie left me with the :stoneface:

Are there other military based movies that annoy you like that?

Top 10

Inglorious Basterds

Apocalypse Now 

The Deer Hunter

The Hurt Locker

Jarhead

Full Metal Jacket

Enemy At the Gates

Dead Presidents

Platoon

Tigerland

explain 
nerd.gif

I'm all for embellishment for sake of cinema, but that movie left me with the
indifferent.gif
How'd you like Act of Valor or Black Hawk Down?

Good. I hate The Hurt Locker. Now this gives me some validation

How do you tell her she's getting fat without sounding like a *******?
In b4 "how you gon love me if your heart ain't healthy? "
Baby, you know I love you no matter what...but I'm looking for a sporty ride, not a rolls royce.

Eh...couldn't care less if Hurt Locker isn't accurate. Good movie.

Last edited:
If you're getting fat as well, you shouldn't say ****.

If you're looking after yourself and she isn't, then you should coax her into coming to the gym, on some "I want us both to live to see our grandkids steez".

I really need to cut out the smoking. I've got the :x cough and everything. Never pick it up folks...horrible habit.
don't smoke, clean lungs over here 8)

Wait so you do want to run into them? why?

Just to stunt and show them what they're missing out on...and for them to see that every other guy they've messed with since me isn't up to par with the kid.
this feel....I know it :smokin

:nerd:

Could it be....

2234c0a1_nomasq.png

....or impostor ?
:lol: I noticed that too :nerd:

Top 10

Inglorious Basterds

Apocalypse Now 

The Deer Hunter

The Hurt Locker

Jarhead

Full Metal Jacket

Enemy At the Gates

Dead Presidents

Platoon

Tigerland

How'd you like Act of Valor or Black Hawk Down?

Those were both really really good movies...ESPECIALLY Black Hawk Down. It was really realistic, but still was able to provide a good story, and entertainment. Act of Valor obviously wasnt a cinema masterpiece, but it was entertaining, and pretty realistic. Navy SEALS are badass....the scene where they drive the truck into the river, and the SWCC boats whip the corner with the chain guns blazing still gets my **** hard

just watched Les Miserables :nthat:

:frown:

Hugh Jackman is going to need a van to take home all the awards he is about to pull from the role

Going to hike up mission peak tomorrow :pimp:

its been awhile, i just hope all those new year resolution people aren't there :lol:..i take the hard route anyway

Bundle up bro.

I did it a couple months ago. Almost quit halfway :lol:

For those talking about military movies, check out The Pacific and Band of Brothers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom