the thread about nothing...

ed51a6a6-a248-4904-b5ca-eeda0114fc15_text.gif

Me calling KAT soft was deleted on the grounds of homophobia. That's the type of stuff your staff is doing now? :lol:
Okay so first, I just have to say that I noticed that you quoted the post that got deleted. A word-for-word requote.
Of course that's been deleted now but... I just... 🤣 🤦🏻‍♂️

It wasn't homophobia, and your perception of inconsistency is interesting because the ACTUAL reason your post was deleted has been a LONG-standing standard on NT.

When it comes to complaints about moderating, (not even just on NT; even on other forums, like Reddit or just wherever), I've noticed a very, VERY common equation:

complaint - accountability = perceived inconsistency

That equation is definitely at play here. my friend.

I feel like this is how the 18 year old girl I trained felt as I was teacher her to ram construction equipment through fences to retrieve it and park the truck wherever you want because it’s their problem not yours. :lol:

She’s actually one of my wife’s best friends now and still comments on how my training was the most sketch **** she’s ever seen.

That has nothing to do with our conversation, though.
It seems that you're still confused why your post was deleted. 'Pause' is completely unrelated.

Yea I must be confused then because I figured the Pause was what caused the post to be deleted.

That has nothing to do with our conversation, though.
It seems that you're still confused why your post was deleted. 'Pause' is completely unrelated.

View attachment 3294107 View attachment 3294107

Last edited:
:lol: Yea I was #BrainDead for a moment for repeating what I said that originally got deleted. Legit wasn't thinking. My fault.

But I will just leave this here:

Pause “jokes” are early 00’s casual homophobia dragged back into common parlance by old men still stuck in that era.

We didn’t allow them then and we don’t allow them now.

The more popular variant of this trope involved a slur, which could be addressed at the system-level via profanity filter. We can’t just ban the word “pause,” though, so we have to rely on user reports and manual enforcement.

Holding up “perfect enforcement” as prerequisite to rule implementation is a silly standard. Unreported and unsolved crimes occur all the time, so therefore we should have anarchy?

We have a small staff that has to deal with literally thousands of new posts being added to our forums every single day. I think we compare favorably to major social media networks like Twitter, Reddit, Tik Tok, and Instagram, in part because we have humans review every single user report that comes in. Sadly, not everyone cares about all forms of bigotry, so some categories of offense are less reported than others, and while we as a team will review 100% all reports each day, we can only reasonably review maybe 10-15% of all new posts ourselves while browsing the forums.

The idea that we have to address everyone’s posts with perfect consistency before you’re willing to accept responsibility for only those things YOU post is pretty silly, especially given your penchant for preaching personal responsibility in the youth-crime blotter thread.

Perhaps in the future a LLM can be trained to differentiate between legitimate and bigoted uses of certain words or phrases to help us more consistently identify inappropriate or offensive content.

For now, our team will do the best it reasonably can and we ask you to do the same.

Pause “jokes” are early 00’s casual homophobia dragged back into common parlance by old men still stuck in that era.

We didn’t allow them then and we don’t allow them now.

The more popular variant of this trope involved a slur, which could be addressed at the system-level via profanity filter. We can’t just ban the word “pause,” though, so we have to rely on user reports and manual enforcement.

Holding up “perfect enforcement” as prerequisite to rule implementation is a silly standard. Unreported and unsolved crimes occur all the time, so therefore we should have anarchy?

We have a small staff that has to deal with literally thousands of new posts being added to our forums every single day. I think we compare favorably to major social media networks like Twitter, Reddit, Tik Tok, and Instagram, in part because we have humans review every single user report that comes in. Sadly, not everyone cares about all forms of bigotry, so some categories of offense are less reported than others, and while we as a team will review 100% all reports each day, we can only reasonably review maybe 10-15% of all new posts ourselves while browsing the forums.

The idea that we have to address everyone’s posts with perfect consistency before you’re willing to accept responsibility for only those things YOU post is pretty silly, especially given your penchant for preaching personal responsibility in the youth-crime blotter thread.

Perhaps in the future a LLM can be trained to differentiate between legitimate and bigoted uses of certain words or phrases to help us more consistently identify inappropriate or offensive content.

For now, our team will do the best it reasonably can and we ask you to do the same.

Got you. Thanks for the explanation.

Back
Top Bottom