the thread about nothing...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240811_105340_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240811_105340_Chrome.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 29
This weekend’s fun restoration project (as well as my son’s bike that he left outside at college all year…) was my mid-90s Mag-lite. It was a casualty of covid - it stayed in a drawer a few years and the batteries leaked and cracked the case. I’ve got better and smaller lights so this was really just for sentimental reasons - I’ve had it nearly 30 years.

IMG_6261.jpeg

I ended up having to cut it open to get to the main parts.

IMG_6262.jpeg

I’ve been watching eBay for a while looking for a suitable cheap donor and finally got just what I needed. It was pretty crusty inside but came apart with a little persuasion, and the case was in decent condition and that’s all I needed.

IMG_0942.jpeg

After cleaning up the insides I replaced everything with my original parts.

IMG_0943.jpeg

Back to life!

IMG_0944.jpeg

My only problem is that in the process of trying to get good donor parts I bought a few non-working ones - which were easily repaired so I didn’t want to strip them so now I have 4!

IMG_0946.jpeg

Anyone in here ever done Angelus Sole Bright on yellowed soles?
20240811_122833.jpg

I have in the past. This is too slow a process and the heat of the sun is too damaging on the shoes. You’re much better off building a light box. Better results and won’t heat up your sneakers. Best part is you can leave them for 24hrs at a time. I’m sure there are some vids on YouTube.

If you think you’re going to be 89 feeling like you’re 30 and just go to sleep and not wake up, you’re playing yourself. Go see the world, and do what you dreamed of. Don’t let fear trick you and hold you back. You’re going to die and its going to hurt regardless of what you DON’T do.

Back
Top Bottom