the thread about nothing...

Those players you mentioned may not have the most popular shoes, but they still got a lot more folks that cop & wear their shoes compare to a Hakeem Olajuwon (Etonic), Shaq (Shaq Brand), Stephon Marbury (Starbury), etc.

I understand what Hakeem, Shaq & Stephon were trying to do, sell shoes at affordable prices, but unfortunately the masses don't want cheap shoes, they rather kill someone for expensive/popular ones. Ish is messed up. My last JB purchase was the AJ6 'Oreo'. I f with different brands Nike, Reebok, Fila, Ewing, Brooks, etc.
well what I'm saying is it's not just the brand. it wouldn't matter if the player signed with Nike/JB/Adidas/Converse and others but if the player is not that worth talking about and doesn't deliver, the product won't fly off the shelf. just look at Draymond Green for example.

Bruh every time I listen to
The Documentary by The Game

It’s still like my first time hearing it
**** is so classic
I be damn near crying listening to
“Start from scratch “
Thinking about all the important people in my life that isn’t here anymore

And I play “Hate it or love it “

When I accomplish something nobody thought I could do

Today's Run
Screenshot_20220416-091138__01.jpg

This is why I don't take interviews too seriously. I won't loose sleep over it nor prepare. Just be honest and have a relax demeanor. Funny part was that hr called me twice a few weeks ago. Couldn't reach them since my phone was on silent and was so busy doing other stuff. Also, my voicemail was full so no idea how to call them back. Surely it's about that job position I applied about a month ago. Could be wasted opportunity but I won't lose sleep over it. Will try reapplying again if the position isn't filled up or look for other ventures and jobs. Always think there is something better for you out there.dont lose hope.

Preciate that man. I definitely need to start taking the more relaxed approach lol my sanity will thank me for it 😂

Preciate that man. I definitely need to start taking the more relaxed approach lol my sanity will thank me for it 😂
been there when I first started looking for a job. the jitter was so unreal. I remember not to push it nor get over-ambitious. not saying to take immediately whatever is available but it would be nice to ask the interviewer in a calm and welcoming manner that if there are better positions available that would fit your criteria, that you would welcome such an offer. not too aggressive but collected. know what you really want and don't look too desperate. just the right amount of motivation and likability.

Shorty actually does most videos on her perspective about being a black female corrections officer which is MOST of the content I’m tuning in for.

Her dating stories are funny af to me too but I’m secure like that.

In order for a star player and brand to succeed, there has to be a symbiotic dynamic between both, meaning a star has to be appealing, and the brand coming up with appealing designs.

Michael Jordan succeeded with Nike because they did a great job of marketing his line in the past, present and future. But also, he was an appealing star.

He actually preferred to sign with Adidas, but they were stupidly biased with wanting to market big men instead. That was idiotic because kids will never aspire to be a 7 foot and taller man because they will always dream about being a skilled player like Magic Johnson & Michael Jordan because those types of stars are more relatable.

Now if Jordan had signed with Adidas as he preferred, he most likely would have languished in subpar products and poor marketing due to their preference to prioritize big men.

LeBron James has a lifetime deal with Nike, but he will never elevate to the level of Jordan. He gets marketed by Nike and has some nice designs, but he will never have the same appeal as Jordan. Jordan's retro shoes always outsell LeBron's signature shoes annually.

At the same time, a brand can't always sell a star, and Tim Duncan is the perfect example because he was with Nike from his rookie year through 2002. Then he was with Adidas for the rest of his career. Duncan never had marketability because he lacked personality despite being a legitimate Hall Of Famer. How was Nike going to be able to sell him when he had no personality?

Adidas had stars over the years, but they couldn't sell them because they've always been a lower tier brand with pretty bad designs.

Grant Hill ended up getting a lifetime deal with Fila in the late '90s before injuries set in in 2000 and beyond, but his shoes didn't sell big despite him having a clean cut image.

Allen Iverson is perhaps the biggest NBA star Reebok will ever have, especially since he has a lifetime deal with them. Reebok was able to market him and his street image. There's always a demand for the Question & Answer models from the early stages of his Hall of Fame career, albeit not as significant as Jordan Brand.

Olajuwon was never going to be marketable in the shoe game no matter what company he went with because he was a foreigner in an American game and a big man. Even if he was with Nike, they wouldn't have been able to market him. Nike always had the most success with the athletic skill guys like Penny Hardaway & Kobe Bryant in addition to Jordan.

Master P with Converse in the late '90s was destined to fail because they were in the early stages of death precipitating their eventual bankruptcy in the early 2000s. It's also hard to take a rapper with shoes seriously. Converse tried to bank on the No Limit Records fad.

Big Baller Brand failed because the shoes were ridiculously exorbitant in price for an upstart company with upstart players as their cornerstones. They also had production issues because a lot of orders took a long time to fulfill. It also didn't help that Lonzo didn't wear his own high as hell priced shoes on NBA courts. He even admitted they weren't durable, so he had to go through many pairs.

As you can see, variables have to align in order to achieve a symbiotic successful dynamic between a player and a brand.
Some stuff I agree with you, other stuff I don't. I get it it's a gamble signing a player to any brand, some deliver others won't.

https://fanbuzz.com/nba/grant-hill-shoes-fila/

Dikembe Mutombo is a foreigner and his Adidas Mutombo's are classic. They retroed them in 2013 and they sold out quick.

I know that Grant Hill & Mutombo don't have an extensive sneaker line like Jordan, but they still were successful with one or two sneakers, that's better than having nothing at all. To this day people still bring up the GH1's, GH2's, and Mutombo's.

Pharrell, Kanye West, Travis Scott, Drake, DJ Khaled, etc. are dudes from the hip hop world, who are all successful in the sneaker game.​

Nike was not a fledgling company prior to Jordan period. They were already mainstream established. Jordan and the nba stuff and all that is later on.

Some stuff I agree with you, other stuff I don't. I get it it's a gamble signing a player to any brand, some deliver others won't.

https://fanbuzz.com/nba/grant-hill-shoes-fila/

Dikembe Mutombo is a foreigner and his Adidas Mutombo's are classic. They retroed them in 2013 and they sold out quick.

I know that Grant Hill & Mutombo don't have an extensive sneaker line like Jordan, but they still were successful with one or two sneakers, that's better than having nothing at all. To this day people still bring up the GH1's, GH2's, and Mutombo's.

Pharrell, Kanye West, Travis Scott, Drake, DJ Khaled, etc. are dudes from the hip hop world, who are all successful in the sneaker game.​

since we are talking about retros, I always wondered why Nike hasn't rereleased the whole Pippen signature line. not just the team Uptempos, Maestros and Flights and a few 1s and 6s.

I always wanted these Pippen 2s and 3s.

Attachments

• 12308814_643198065856271_6122182177443307844_n.jpg
    12308814_643198065856271_6122182177443307844_n.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 13
  • pip3.jpg
    pip3.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 13
Bennigans should sue the night club scene
That bottle girl **** was their idea originally

They just made the Happy Birthday song cool
For folks who want attention

Allen Iverson piqued my curiosity to walk in the Gucci store in Topanga Mall to browse this shirt this past Wednesday all because I remember seeing him wear it during this year's NBA All-Star Game.
54447301-10534323-Players_Allen_Iverson_showed_off_his_casual_style_with_ripped_je-a-9_1645481994288.jpg
dwyane-wade-allen-iverson-reggie-miller-832x447.jpg

It's actually available in store.
IMG_6140.JPG

The price is crazy high though! $1200!
IMG_6144.JPG

I admit I don't know a lot about Gucci, but I always knew it was expensive. I walked in there with a $300 throwback jersey on and the 2021 Jordan VI Carmine, which was already high for my situation, but that shirt definitely blew away what I had on above my waist and on my feet in terms of cost.

It was a trip talking to the store employee because the young lady knew about the shirt by seeing him wear it on TV herself. She verified it was the same shirt he wore when I showed her a picture on my phone for reference. She acknowledged she watched the game because she follows basketball.

Back
Top Bottom