the thread about nothing...

Stitching seems effective.
Dunks, Jordan 1, forces.
Just doesn't look that nice on modern styles imo.
And Nike isn't making these with the thought of people holding on to then for 20 years

Halp!!!
C7A62E39-1101-488E-9E74-B4F94F96D53B.jpeg

Yea barge cement.

But at that point it's not worth it imo.
Especially if u hoop in them

Dunks, Jordan 1, forces.
Just doesn't look that nice on modern styles imo.
And Nike isn't making these with the thought of people holding on to then for 20 years

Yea barge cement.

The XX3 stitching was on the bottom and didn't use glue.

Dunks, forces Jordan 1 etc.

Yea barge cement.

Yea im gonna do that when i have the time. But its gonna be a walk around the block shoe after I get that done.

You know how the Jordan XX3 sole was stitched to the upper, was that really effective? If yes, then why doesn't Nike do the same for other shoes.
In not a huge expert in shoe design or manufacturing. Stitching a upper depnds on the tooling your gonna implement on a shoe.

I never owned a pair of 23’s but from my knowledge that shoe tooling is very clunkly.

during the manufacturing phase gluing a shoe is much faster and cheaper than threading a shoe together to the upper.

Nike and other brands who practice that method looking to save time and money and reap in profit as fast

In not a huge expert in shoe design or manufacturing. Stitching a upper depnds on the tooling your gonna implement on a shoe.

I never owned a pair of 23’s but from my knowledge that shoe tooling is very clunkly.

during the manufacturing phase gluing a shoe is much faster and cheaper than threading a shoe together to the upper.

Nike and other brands who practice that method looking to save time and money and reap in profit as fast
It wasn't especially clunky, not for it's time. It wasn't the sleekest either. It was part of some BS campaign talking about being environmentally friendly by not using glue.

It wasn't especially clunky, not for it's time. It wasn't the sleekest either. It was part of some BS campaign talking about being environmentally friendly by not using glue.
Most definitely all that environmental no-sense is marketing fluff. If they want to be environmentally friendly they should stop making shoes or the more sensible answer stop mass producing useless shoes.

Want to go to the Kaws exhibit in Detroit next Saturday .... is there anything else to there?

Are there any Detroit niketalkers? Feel like there are a couple

Me too. Probably going to try and catch a week night showing. Hopefully it won't be as crowded.

Back
Top Bottom