the thread about nothing...

Yea my tv guy didn't even attach the tv to the studs smh

My dad found the studs himself

There were three studs behind the wall

i keep saying i want a new tv but then i dont have any 4k stuff i watch and no gaming so i keep putting it off

i have this super old toshiba lol

Pretty comon knowledge but if u don't know like that tv guy

Studs are 16 inches apart mostly.
On a tape measure every 16 inches is red that's what that's for
Larger houses may have studs 24 inches apart

**** these people be ripping you off for mounting a tv... the wall mount you purchase comes with all the hardware to mount it... all you need is a drill, level, and a stud finder. make sure you get a wall mount thats adequate for your tv size and weight though

i keep saying i want a new tv but then i dont have any 4k stuff i watch and no gaming so i keep putting it off

i have this super old toshiba lol
Once you see 4k with hdr on a proper TV it's hard to unsee it

It's like seeing the world in color and then going back to black and white

1080p without any hdr looks like standard definition to me lol

Once you see 4k with hdr on a proper TV it's hard to unsee it

It's like seeing the world in color and then going back to black and white

1080p without any hdr looks like standard definition to me lol

welcome to the 4k club. now get you a proper 4k blu ray player because if you are streaming 4k you arent getting the true picture.

welcome to the 4k club. now get you a proper 4k blu ray player because if you are streaming 4k you arent getting the true picture.

I have an oppo 203

It's mostly good. Don't understand why it crashes if I set it to 4:4:4

Customer service told me it might be my HDMI cable

But my HDMI cable is supposed to be capable of pushing out the full signal

I went online and apparently visually the human eye can't detect much of a difference between 4:4:4 and 4:2:2, so I am a little less frustrated

But still I paid money for the oppo so it should be able to do everything :lol:

That vudu app, when it streams an hdr or dolby movie, the picture is gorgeous, but that app crashes a lot lol.

Last edited:
**** these people be ripping you off for mounting a tv... the wall mount you purchase comes with all the hardware to mount it... all you need is a drill, level, and a stud finder. make sure you get a wall mount thats adequate for your tv size and weight though
Word. My friend mounted his 65-inch with his cousin and it looked just fine. Thinking of just asking him to help me. A 50 or 55" tv shouldn't be a challenge for him lol.

I have an oppo 203

It's mostly good. Don't understand why it crashes if I set it to 4:4:4

Customer service told me it might be my HDMI cable

But my HDMI cable is supposed to be capable of pushing out the full signal

I went online and apparently visually the human eye can't detect much of a difference between 4:4:4 and 4:2:2, so I am a little less frustrated

But still I paid money for the oppo so it should be able to do everything :lol:

That vudu app, when it streams an hdr or dolby movie, the picture is gorgeous, but that app crashes a lot lol.

damn good choice i wanted one but dont see the need of a $500 player.

It could be either your receiver if you are using one or the tv you got dont support 4 4 4

but like you stated you cant really tell with 444 and 422 i dont even think i ever changed mines on my setup.

EasygoingBareHart-size_restricted.gif

damn good choice i wanted one but dont see the need of a $500 player.

It could be either your receiver if you are using one or the tv you got dont support 4 4 4

but like you stated you cant really tell with 444 and 422 i dont even think i ever changed mines on my setup.
I have an oled c7. I could be wrong but I think the oled should be able to do 444

And a Samsung k950 soundbar

What do you mean by receiver?

I might. But I've been reading that you can't turn off the soap opera effect, which bugs the hell out of me.

So I'm torn between the TCL and the 50" Vizio M-Series.

Maybe I would wait until one of Sony TVs go on sale. If I remember right a decent Sony TV dropped below 1000 last black friday

Back
Top Bottom