the thread about nothing...

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

^

stupid question (maybe)

how do you make wings like that?

i havent really experimented much with chicken wings, mostly because my little electric deep fryer is a pain in the penis to clean, but i think i want to start using it more.

do you fry your wings naked? any batter or flour dusting? any seasoning on the wings before they get fried?

what type of oil do you fry in? what temp? how many batches can you fry before you have to change out the oil?

i did a little test run the other day using canola oil at 375*. I did a light dusting of seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic powder) before dropping them in. they came out kinda so so, and the outside texture was not quite the way i like it.

tips would be greatly appreciated.

we season the wings with salt & pep.. sometimes with garlic powder or cayenne.. then either bake, deep fry, or bbq (bbqing being the easiest)..
the flavour experimenting is where the fun comes in.. my friends and i have made the basics (garlic parm, mango habanero, spicy honey bbq, etc) to the more extreme flavours (whey protein, orange tang, puree jalapenos)

its simple, really.. just take whatevers in your kitchen pantry and mix them up with the cooked wings in a large bowl.. 
laugh.gif
so no breading or flour on the wings itself.  just naked fry/grill/bake, and then toss in whatever sauce suits your fancy?

i think i need to have a chicken wing party.

^

stupid question (maybe)

i havent really experimented much with chicken wings, mostly because my little electric deep fryer is a pain in the penis to clean, but i think i want to start using it more.

do you fry your wings naked? any batter or flour dusting? any seasoning on the wings before they get fried?

what type of oil do you fry in? what temp? how many batches can you fry before you have to change out the oil?

i did a little test run the other day using canola oil at 375*. I did a light dusting of seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic powder) before dropping them in. they came out kinda so so, and the outside texture was not quite the way i like it.

we season the wings with salt & pep.. sometimes with garlic powder or cayenne.. then either bake, deep fry, or bbq (bbqing being the easiest)..
the flavour experimenting is where the fun comes in.. my friends and i have made the basics (garlic parm, mango habanero, spicy honey bbq, etc) to the more extreme flavours (whey protein, orange tang, puree jalapenos)

its simple, really.. just take whatevers in your kitchen pantry and mix them up with the cooked wings in a large bowl.. 
laugh.gif
Im all for experimentation but......what part of the game is this?

Originally Posted by solarius49

^

stupid question (maybe)

laugh.gif
Im all for experimentation but......what part of the game is this?
protein flavored protein
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by NewYawkRemote

I remember reading somewhere that they thought Cobb just dreamed the whole thing..and he shares this outrageous dream about stealing and implanting ideas in people's minds while on a normal flight back home to see his kids...and he just happened to include all the people he shared a first class flight with in it...always thought that was interesting perspective
laugh.gif

Nolan is a wizard, I still get mind %%@+%% by Memento
That's dope as well. 
I admire the way that it was left open ended in the sense that the speculation was on whether or not Cobb was still dreaming rather than if anything was actually solved in the movie to progress his life/situation.
I actually watched Shutter Island a day before I went to see Inception and my mind was all the way blown.

I have yet to see Memento. 
ohwell.gif
Yeah, I love the ending for those same reasons. I personally thought he was dreaming, I also think he didnt care at that point..he wanted to see his kids and he got that, real or not

"They come here every day to sleep?"
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0131565/"No. They come to be woken up. The dream has become their reality. Who are you to say otherwise, son?"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/quotes?qt1265560
That quote pretty much summed up the ending for me
pimp.gif

Do yourself a HUGE favor and watch Memento. You will not be disappointed
The ending is pretty ambiguous but it doesn't matter cause at that moment Cobb accepted it as HIS reality  
pimp.gif

That dude Hunter Moore should have been aborted. His parents should get him some life insurance and im not even joking. Hugh Hefner never pissed people off like this.

so no breading or flour on the wings itself.  just naked fry/grill/bake, and then toss in whatever sauce suits your fancy?

i think i need to have a chicken wing party.

very minimal flour (according to my friend)..
here are the wings i deep fried myself.. went OD with the breading lol

9bd6dc645dcf11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

"deep fried BBQ".. mixed mesquite BBQ dry rub & cayenne powder with flour.. 
smokin.gif

that good {()} song "slaps" 
pimp.gif

wendys chedda cheeseburgers
pimp.gif

good professors that provide the lulz
pimp.gif

good vibes
pimp.gif

her teeth look unstable

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
real tears

that BABES 'N' DONUTS scion iq vid
devil.gif

Fambs I'm insensitive apparently. To be honest I could give a damb about the next persons struggle whether it be death, sickness, or whatever.
It's hard for me to feel sorry for people or feel any type of compassion. Am I just selfish or could it be something deeper?

Originally Posted by CJ863

Fambs I'm insensitive apparently. To be honest I could give a damb about the next persons struggle whether it be death, sickness, or whatever.
It's hard for me to feel sorry for people or feel any type of compassion. Am I just selfish or could it be something deeper?
To be honest I could give a damb

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by NewYawkRemote

That's dope as well. 
I admire the way that it was left open ended in the sense that the speculation was on whether or not Cobb was still dreaming rather than if anything was actually solved in the movie to progress his life/situation.
I actually watched Shutter Island a day before I went to see Inception and my mind was all the way blown.

I have yet to see Memento. 
ohwell.gif
Yeah, I love the ending for those same reasons. I personally thought he was dreaming, I also think he didnt care at that point..he wanted to see his kids and he got that, real or not

"They come here every day to sleep?"
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0131565/"No. They come to be woken up. The dream has become their reality. Who are you to say otherwise, son?"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/quotes?qt1265560
That quote pretty much summed up the ending for me
pimp.gif

Do yourself a HUGE favor and watch Memento. You will not be disappointed
The ending is pretty ambiguous but it doesn't matter cause at that moment Cobb accepted it as HIS reality  
pimp.gif
Yup
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by M4rioL

dunno if its been discussed in previous pages but the if the Ring theory stands he is not in a dream when he passes customs, since you can physically see both hands and no ring, and in fact sees his children in real life.

Ring Theory: when Cobb is in a dream he has wedding ring on standard spot, left hand ring finger, cuz his love of Mal continues
That was one thing I never paid attention to, damn over my head that went.

Speaking of Chicken Wings, I've been dumping this on alot of stuff I eat lately...I love this %!%#

16gn31v.jpg

I'm so ready for Summer grilling season (even though I grill year round anyways
laugh.gif
)

Speaking of Chicken Wings, I've been dumping this on alot of stuff I eat lately...I love this %!%#

16gn31v.jpg

laugh.gif
)
is that kinda sorta like montreal steak seasoning?

if anyone wants a good quick steak marinade/seasoning, just get some Montreal Steak Seasoning and some Oyster Sauce (can find it at an asian market or maybe even a big supermarket in the asian food aisle).  I know it sounds like madness, but somehow it works.  trust me.  first time my wife did this I thought she was insane, but it was delicious.  Sprinkle steak with the montreal seasoning.  press into the steak.  slather the whole thing in oyster sauce.  let it sit for like 10 min.  toss on grill and sear and boom.  good to go.

16gn31v.jpg

laugh.gif
)
is that kinda sorta like montreal steak seasoning?

if anyone wants a good quick steak marinade/seasoning, just get some Montreal Steak Seasoning and some Oyster Sauce (can find it at an asian market or maybe even a big supermarket in the asian food aisle).  I know it sounds like madness, but somehow it works.  trust me.  first time my wife did this I thought she was insane, but it was delicious.  Sprinkle steak with the montreal seasoning.  press into the steak.  slather the whole thing in oyster sauce.  let it sit for like 10 min.  toss on grill and sear and boom.  good to go.

Yeah they're similar, if you like Montreal you'll dig this. I like Chicago steak better, the flavor stands out more imo

Montreal Steak + Oyster Sauce doesnt sound too bad...I'd give that a shot, I dont make much of my own marinades I usually just stick to the Grill Mate marinades
laugh.gif

can't wait to graduate and move.

i feel like i might have a chris brown moment with this girl soon. need to dead that a.s.a.p.

people really don't change, smh.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

am I an alcoholic if I'm drinking some brews by myself at home while watching the lake show?

please respond
not even close fren.  dont sweat it yet.

ive been trying to cutback my alcohol intake because i felt that it was getting to somewhat unacceptable levels.  i drink at home by myself all the time.  i was averaging about 5 nights of week of boozing.  during the weekdays id get home from the gym or office and pour myself a 5 finger pour of scotch or irish whiskey on the rocks.  some days id have a 2nd 3 finger pour.  on weekends if im out with the boys or hell... even out with the wife i'd up my intake significantly.

i decided to take a little break from drinking just to prove that i can.  started april 1.  i had to fight myself not to have a beer while watching the NCAA Finals.  its been a rough going so far.

eek.gif
, good to hear you controlin yourself. I was probably only by my fourth after I wrote that, but just the thought of only drinking byself, game on television & NT in front of me had be feeling kinda loner status

okay so ive always wondered where the hipsters that work in vintage/resell/designer stores on melrose ave in LA live?

i know their income cant be that high? do they go to school?

how do i live that life?
laugh.gif

I wish I was like this. Its a cold world, survival of the fittest, you have the right qualities for it dawg. 

I'm the same way...people tell me I have no feelings
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom