the thread about nothing...

Woke up:

- Read for 30 mins
- Practiced piano for ~ 30 mins

Next up:

- HIIT cardio for 20 mins
- School

Happy Monday guise!

If I'm exhausted and the sprint becomes a jog do I still keep going?

Ya then you alternate jog with walk. When youre too tired and the jog turns into a walk, alternate walk with crawl. When youre too exhausted to walk just lay down til you die

What's an example tho
Lemme break it down for you (numbers = treadmill speed):

First 5 mins (WARM UP) = 4.0 — this is a power walk

5-5:45 = 8.5
5:45 - 7:00 = 4.0
7:00 - 7:45 = 8.5
7:45 - 9:00 = 4.0

Etc.

The website I found this on suggests to alternate between 10.0 & 9.5 speeds on my sprints but the way my legs are set up...

I would too. But training on one of the departments i'll be overseeing. Should be chill, I hope.
yeah I kno and u just got there..I've been there before..sometimes when it's real late and I don't fall asleep...ill just call out..that's rare tho

HIIT fapping>

giphy.gif

Called up the doctor today, turns out that this extremely painful rash is indeed "shingles" as I suspected.
Doc said it would take a few weeks to get rid of it though :sick::smh: Gotta take some antiviral meds for 7 days, I'm hoping that'll get rid of or at least significantly reduce the ridiculous amount of nerve pain from this rash. It's driving me nuts. As if the chronic pain from my condition isn't bad enough already, now I gotta deal with this additional pain that is 10x worse and doesn't seem to be affected by my opiates. Literally feels like I have a gaping open wound on the left side of my ribs and right side of my back and someone is stabbing them repeatedly.

Can't you get vaccinated for shingles?

You can, but I believe it isn't super effective. If I remember correctly it cuts your chances of developing shingles in like half.

Ah, here you go. From the CDC:

"Shingles vaccine has been used since 2006. Zostavax® is the only shingles vaccine currently approved for use in the United States. This vaccine reduces the risk of developing shingles by 51% and PHN by 67%. It is given in one dose as a shot, and can be given in a doctor’s office or pharmacy."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shingles/public/index.html

Coworker had shingles a couple months ago and It was actually on his forehead. Dude was out for like a week and a half. :smh:

Coworker had shingles a couple months ago and It was actually on his forehead. Dude was out for like a week and a half. :smh:
Even in this moment, I truly feel blessed that it's on the side of my torso and on my back and nowhere near my face. Thank god for that.

Back
Top Bottom