the thread about nothing...

image.png

should I keep getting a part in my hair while I'm still young? I'm told when you go into corporate you have to have a conservative cut and you just grow out of it

https://niketalk.com/threads/reminder-nsfw-content-is-not-appropriate-for-niketalk.516943/

There were two major categories of violations in those threads, violations of our image standards and copyright violations. Neither of those were being reported to the staff with any frequency, so it's an "abuse it and lose it" situation right now. Sadly, we can't trust the majority of participants in those threads to only post images that comply with our policies - and to refrain from violating others' rights in the process.

For that reason, we're not permitting the "(category) appreciation" threads at this time. This isn't to say that they're banned forever, in the way that "post your pic" threads are now permitted because a lot of users grew up and are capable of handling those threads without posting insults/personal attacks. That said, we want to make sure that our forums are safe, welcoming, and inclusive. There's no shortage of places where people can find images of women in varying states of undress on the Internet. That's not why NikeTalk exists.

If we make NikeTalk a paradise for 13 year old boys, that excludes an awful lot of people who deserve the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest to all of us in a respectful, friendly environment.

Some of the threads in question may have been well intended. They sought to celebrate a more expansive definition of beauty than that in the popular culture that includes people of all shapes, sizes, and shades. Unfortunately, the trust and leeway we've granted those threads in the past has been abused, and we can't just blame a few "rogue" community members when few, if any, thread participants were helping us keep those threads respectful and appropriate.
giphy_s.gif

Back
Top Bottom