the thread about nothing...

Morning Tan. I know everything is given by "target market" or just "active market base". But when espn is struggling to find stories...ie Durrant and Westbrook, Cousins going to New Orleans (like it really matters in the stacked west), Magic Johnson and the lakers (ooo he traded lou williams), why can't they just cover Champions league soccer? Like two great games occurred yesterday...just mention it? Maybe?

I am assuming NY and LA run espn ratings. Otherwise they wouldn't have spent hours on hours on the knicks nonsense with phil and melo and oak....no one cares

Morning Tan. I know everything is given by "target market" or just "active market base". But when espn is struggling to find stories...ie Durrant and Westbrook, Cousins going to New Orleans (like it really matters in the stacked west), Magic Johnson and the lakers (ooo he traded lou williams), why can't they just cover Champions league soccer? Like two great games occurred yesterday...just mention it? Maybe?

I am assuming NY and LA run espn ratings. Otherwise they wouldn't have spent hours on hours on the knicks nonsense with phil and melo and oak....no one cares

cause most dont care for soccer in the u.s.a. even when its slow they find something to talk about with the big sports here.

cause most dont care for soccer in the u.s.a. even when its slow they find something to talk about with the big sports here.

its a sad truth

You'd be lucky if they even have NHL highlights on ESPN to only time I see them is with Barry Melrose most the time

I used to rock with ESPN heavy I barely tune in anymore

You'd think as much money thats involved with soccer, the U.S. would've been made it mainstream here

When I was a kid the MLS was amazing when it came out

I thought that was going to make soccer huge here

But people here only care when it's the World Cup

Doing a lot of things on my own lately.
Went to the mall yesterday. Walked around for a cool minute and then I copped som cologne.
Today I went to dinner alone and read a book.
Tomorrow probably gonna go for a run or something.
Been a good week

What cologne?

ESPN has a place for soccer on one of their bazillion channels. They cater to the crowd, it's just not on the main channel.

If they're name isn't Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo it's getting ignored unfortunately. If you want good soccer coverage in English just tune into beIN. Ray Hudson is a great commentator and the folks there are very knowledgeable. ESPN is like the tmz of sports. Only the big rating stories goes on there. Everything else is blurred quickly at the bottom of the screen

If they're name isn't Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo it's getting ignored unfortunately. If you want good soccer coverage in English just tune into beIN. Ray Hudson is a great commentator and the folks there are very knowledgeable. ESPN is like the tmz of sports. Only the big rating stories goes on there. Everything else is blurred quickly at the bottom of the screen
To be fair, and LeBatard pointed this out the other day, the E in ESPN stands for entertainment.

ZVQX1GZQ

When I was a kid the MLS was amazing when it came out

I thought that was going to make soccer huge here

But people here only care when it's the World Cup

DC United was the **** back then. Etcheverry >

Last edited:
taking mom dukes to Texas Road House tomorrow for dinner.. She never been there i think she might fall in love with the bread

Back
Top Bottom