the thread about nothing...

not sure if i should register to vote.

Like i know i "should" but like doesn't voter registrations dictate jury duty....like i can go without jury duty forever if i just never vote? Or is that false and i minus whale register

I would based that decision on the state i live in.

Strong democratic or republican state, not worth it.

If you're in a "swing" state, probably worth it.

not sure if i should register to vote.

Like i know i "should" but like doesn't voter registrations dictate jury duty....like i can go without jury duty forever if i just never vote? Or is that false and i minus whale register
"In Minnesota, every year a master juror list is assembled by combining three lists: the voter registration list, the driver’s license list, and the Minnesota state ID list. Those lists are merged together, and duplicate names are eliminated – so you’re only on the list one time.

The list is updated each year in January, so buying a house or renewing your driver’s license does not affect your standing. And not registering to vote won’t get you out of jury duty. 'There are only four states that only use the voter registration list. Almost every state uses a merged list,' LaCosse said."

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/04/23/good-question-how-do-you-get-picked-for-jury-duty/

I wonder if those four states are Vermont, Oregon, California, and West Virginia, since they have automatic voter registration?
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/05/automatic-voter-registration-gaining-steam​

I got called for jury duty a couple times while I was in school/had a part-time job. At the time, I did not have time for that, and fortunately was able to get out of it both times (and no, "I'm busy" was not my excuse). Now that I'm out of school and working a full-time job, I would be happy to serve, but I haven't been called for it in years... (figures)

Last edited:
How illegal is it for employer to move overtime hours onto the next paycheck instead because they dont want to pay overtime and say its because the overtime is unapproved

mean.gif

I'm in the military and I know I'm fortunate to be in a non-deployable duty station for the next 3 years (i.e I just work in an office building). Deep in my heart I know I should be using this time to go back to school and get my Master's part-time but I'm just so dang lazy. Once I leave work at 5-530 the last thing I wanna do is crack open a book and study. Shout out to those who got their degree doing the part time thing. That looks like its straight awful. Some of those folks are married w/ kids too!

Back
Top Bottom