the thread about nothing...

By no fault of my own my boys received an estimate of how much I make and its changing the group dynamic, I can already see it. Even with Glassdoor and all those things out there giving people reads on it, its kinda weird to know that they have a definitive number in their head and will base things that I say on that number.

I don't mind telling but only if t would be open sharing. I don't know their salaries.
My brother and parents know what I make also.

Man i never have a problem telling anyone what i make. Granted i am a governement worker so if you know my grade you can find my salary online :lol:

But you never know some ones circumstances. Some one would say oh you aren't making bad money and i will be like well i pay $1k a month for college loans....so my actual take home pay...is 2/3rds of what you think it is essentially.

Also you have to surround yourself with people of the same ilk. My college friends who all have a 9-5 and know that life and the salary life are completely different then my retail/restaurant friends who will be like "oh you have a 401k you buy drinks for us" and im like fool you make more then me working as a waiter at a high end steak house with no debt trust.

By no fault of my own my boys received an estimate of how much I make and its changing the group dynamic, I can already see it. Even with Glassdoor and all those things out there giving people reads on it, its kinda weird to know that they have a definitive number in their head and will base things that I say on that number.

I don't mind telling but only if t would be open sharing. I don't know their salaries.

curious, how has it changed the group dynamic? is there an expectation for some of the more well off friends to carry the dirt poor friends? that wouldnt fly with me.

Also you have to surround yourself with people of the same ilk. My college friends who all have a 9-5 and know that life and the salary life are completely different then my retail/restaurant friends who will be like "oh you have a 401k you buy drinks for us" and im like fool you make more then me working as a waiter at a high end steak house with no debt trust.

question. what if yall came up together, say old friends from High School or something. You busted your ***, got a job, making decent money to afford some of the nicer conveniences of life, but one of your friends just kept on being a broke deadbeat. Would you dead that friendship because you are not of the same ilk?

curious, how has it changed the group dynamic? is there an expectation for some of the more well off friends to carry the dirt poor friends? that wouldnt fly with me.
Just the comments they make when money related things come about. We're in the midst of planning a group vacation right now and they're throwing out places and whatnot and I commented that the price point is too expensive and I just got 
indifferent.gif
 responses as if I can't make those sorts of comments. 

question. what if yall came up together, say old friends from High School or something. You busted your ***, got a job, making decent money to afford some of the nicer conveniences of life, but one of your friends just kept on being a broke deadbeat. Would you dead that friendship because you are not of the same ilk?
Could never. These dudes are family as far as I am concerned.

If your not from here, you might love it honestly. I've been here far to long and gotten way to bitter. I hate the lack of broads, I hate the nightlife, damn near hate the people. The weather is great and the weed is too. You might not even catch any of the stuff that makes it unbearable for me. If that makes sense. I'm seeing this from a different lens. 
I live in VA and want to move to the bay area after school. 

But I also am seeing your complaints as Im currently here on vacation and my cousin complains about "Man-Jose" and the nightlife scence was kinda meh...

The sneakerhead community though I noticed is nicer here as compared to the east coast when I was at the Diamond and Yeezy lines. 

Question do you guys know how much money your friends make/do they know how much you make. Like your real friends that tight knit group of people who you would go to the end of the Earth for.

Does your girl know?

Or is that just off limits to anybody?

I don't ask anyone how much they make, and I don't tell anyone how much I make.

Most likely when I die I'm Going to die in VA.. (Clipse)

The motherland :smokin

I live in VA and want to move to the bay area after school. 

But I also am seeing your complaints as Im currently here on vacation and my cousin complains about "Man-Jose" and the nightlife scence was kinda meh...

The sneakerhead community though I noticed is nicer here as compared to the east coast when I was at the Diamond and Yeezy lines. 
Yea, if you can try it out why not? I hate it. But its not new to me, nor is it really my scene. What people love most about this place, is the vibe. I think something is hella off here, and eerrie 
laugh.gif
. I hope if you do make the move, that your experiences are way better than the ones I had...
pimp.gif

just became the "didn't bring food to the potluck, but still eat " guy

everytime I brought something before never got to eat this time ef it went honey baked ham on free food

You come home from your full time job as a corporate slave. Arriving at the door step, is the screaming of your children who have left a complete mess in your hallway with toys and snacks. Instead of smelling a nice roast or meat being cooked in the kitchen, you hear your wife screaming from upstairs, telling you that she is going out with her friends and that you need to make your own dinner. She also tells you to feed the kids and to leave her money on the table.

So instead of getting changed, you immediately crash on your couch, without realising you just sat on the remote with sticky toffee and chocolates on your bottom. But you simply don't care to notice. Instead, you look at all the bills on the coffee table where you can barely put your feet on because of all the plates and crumbs and endless number of paper bills. You simply sit there in deep contemplation, wondering where did you go wrong?

This my friends, is a common thought that goes through the mind of the everyday American man. There simply is no benefit to a lifelong marriage. Think about

it. Nothing good adds up. You have a women who will soon put on weight, cut her hair short, treat you like a beaten dog, while raising your suspicions as to what she is constantly up to. Then you have to worry about your kids futures and how you can afford to pay for their braces and school fees, while at the same time, constantly dread the feeling of knowing that you can potentially lose your job at the end of month, thanks to cutbacks, outsourcing or even automation.

The game of marriage is a death trap, where most of the time, you will end up losing in the end. You can’t even escape it because you know the family courts will tear you up from the inside and you will lose everything in the end. Which is why I always advocate for men to wake up to their senses, and to never cave into the pressure of marriage. I see my father and mother, who are senior citizens, and even though they are still married, they have no happiness and whenever I look at my father’s face, all I see is a broken man. A broken man.

Do not end up like this. Never conform to the traditional expectations of society but realise, that society is nothing but a Matrix,which is designed to keep you shackled up in chains. The moment you reject all the premises which are designed to keep you in line, will be the day, that you can truly be liberated from the prison that surrounds us.

:smh:

Sounds like real talk to me...
I read this a few days ago

That's just terrible

Finally gave trina a bath today. She lookin extra sexy and smellin good. I wana drop, but i might just do an even lift

Had a first class package coming from a place less than 2 hours away...its been a week since i've got the tracking number and no updates.... Thanks USPS :smh:

what are my options? assuming they lost it.

Last edited:
Not only did our CIO let everyone work from home today because of the holiday, he just said we can sign off at 2pm. Good man :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom