The Spurs talent level is atrocious...

Originally Posted by I3

They'll bounce back. Its just because of the injuries. I doubt management picked their 2nd stringers on their ability to carry a team without the Manu or Parker, let alone Duncan. Their purpose was to play dispersed minutes and add impact, not completely fill the roles.

Its the same for LA or whatever team, take away Kobe, Odom.. or Gasol. Whats going to happen?
It's not just because of injuries. Obviously bench/role players aren't meant to carry teams, but at the same time they're not supposedto be this bad. It's not a matter of Manu being out, it's a matter of everyone outside of "the Big 3" being a either a D-Leaguer or a vetwho's nearing the end of his playing days. The problem isn't "2nd stringers having to carry a team," it's that the 2nd stringers areterrible, regardless of what they're being asked to do.

They're not a solid team playing badly without a big player. They're simply a bad team with 2 (now 1) good players who just can't carry the wholeload. There's a difference... if you watch them, you'll see that they're not the same Spurs, so we can't expect them to bounce back with whatthey have. Finley can't hit open jumpers, Bowen/Kurt Thomas have no impact, and so on...

Clearly every team would be some kind of bad without their biggest contributors - LA, San Antonio, Boston, Houston. But that's beside the point. If youtake away the best players from every team and look at what's left... what the Spurs have now would be amongst the worst. THAT'S the problem.

I do believe they'll bounce back because they're the Spurs and I can't imagine them missing the playoffs... but not just because Manu and TP willget healthy because they'll still be a terrible team. I think they'll end up signing some vet who gets cut (McDyess) or find a few rough gems throughtrades. They always do, and it's not that hard considering they're only reinforcing the bench, not revamping the roster.

i still dont understand why they didnt keep james gist ... they have enough shooters just have gist play defense and run around and dunk the ball i mean *%+

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Originally Posted by I3

They'll bounce back. Its just because of the injuries. I doubt management picked their 2nd stringers on their ability to carry a team without the Manu or Parker, let alone Duncan. Their purpose was to play dispersed minutes and add impact, not completely fill the roles.

Its the same for LA or whatever team, take away Kobe, Odom.. or Gasol. Whats going to happen?
It's not just because of injuries. Obviously bench/role players aren't meant to carry teams, but at the same time they're not supposed to be this bad. It's not a matter of Manu being out, it's a matter of everyone outside of "the Big 3" being a either a D-Leaguer or a vet who's nearing the end of his playing days. The problem isn't "2nd stringers having to carry a team," it's that the 2nd stringers are terrible, regardless of what they're being asked to do.

They're not a solid team playing badly without a big player. They're simply a bad team with 2 (now 1) good players who just can't carry the whole load. There's a difference... if you watch them, you'll see that they're not the same Spurs, so we can't expect them to bounce back with what they have. Finley can't hit open jumpers, Bowen/Kurt Thomas have no impact, and so on...

Clearly every team would be some kind of bad without their biggest contributors - LA, San Antonio, Boston, Houston. But that's beside the point. If you take away the best players from every team and look at what's left... what the Spurs have now would be amongst the worst. THAT'S the problem.

I do believe they'll bounce back because they're the Spurs and I can't imagine them missing the playoffs... but not just because Manu and TP will get healthy because they'll still be a terrible team. I think they'll end up signing some vet who gets cut (McDyess) or find a few rough gems through trades. They always do, and it's not that hard considering they're only reinforcing the bench, not revamping the roster.
Exactly.

They need to sign someone ASAP that can create on their own (Bonzi Wells?).

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

They are absolute trash. They're not getting better when Manu comes back... if you put Kobe on this team right now, they would struggle.

I expect them to try and pull a trade though. Maybe snatch up a vet like they did with Kurt Thomas, or even take a risk on Harrington or Curry.
indifferent.gif

Honestly, I was thinking bout this last night- the Spurs might not even make the playoffs. Without TP, they might win 1-2 games. Even when he does get backthey struggle- once Manu comes back they could be around 10 games under .500. If that's the case, I don't see them getting in. They have no shooters atall besides Mason. They have no defenders besides Bowen, who is old and so bad offensively now that he can't play as many minutes. They have no big men toput around Duncan.

Other people pointed it out- all their vets, Finley, Thomas, etc. are basically done. It's not like this is a team of vets who know how to win like weusually see from the spurs. This team is just flat out old. As a Lakers fan, I'm a lot more worried about a team like NO or Utah than this one.

Its not looking too good for us this year. They arent playing the usual defense, they look old and horrible on offense.

I'm praying for a trade, we need young offensive talent. We pretty much need anything haha

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Its not looking too good for us this year. They arent playing the usual defense, they look old and horrible on offense.

I'm praying for a trade, we need young offensive talent. We pretty much need anything haha

Dam your right, I hate to face it sometimes
tired.gif

Good riddance. I've hated this team for over a decade. I wouldn't mind having Duncan on my fantasy team for the next few weeks before Parker andGinobili get back though.

time to take a step back this year and rebuild. unfortunately, outside parker, duncan, ginobili, there is nobody of value that they can trade.

I understand if they were playing LAL or BOS ...but Miami? ..do they even have a center?..

a comment that was said on the heat spurs broadcast sums it up "popvich is looking at his bench like, who the heck are you guys?"

The Spurs had a really bad season when they had the Admiral and Sean Elliott.

The next draft they got TD21.

We'll see what happens, I still have hope they pull through this season!

Back
Top Bottom