The side of AFRICA, CNN, FOX, ETC don't SHOW you "SHOCKING"

Africa, in general, is a continent in serious need. You posting this doesn't change that. And yes, I've been there.

Good video. But its just one instance. Not saying there aren't a bunch of places that are upper class but there is still tons of poverty. Poverty is everywhere but it is especially high in Africa.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

If there are people doing SO well in Africa then why don't they help their people out more.
Why don't rich people in America help out the poor more?
The reality is that it's mostly middle class people who are close enough to the problem to want to help. In Africa the middle class is marginal at best. That's another problem in itself.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

People would be so confused if I posted pics of my pops crib in Nigeria
laugh.gif

I always try to help people understand that there's a lot of poverty in Africa but there's poverty everywhere. Even right here in America. The difference is in America we hide our poverty. In Africa it's blasted all over media outlets. No one every shows the other side. The story of poverty in Africa has become the entire book instead of one chapter.

QFT
I always have to educate as well.
My dads compound in Nigeria is just as nice as his house here.. If not better.

When he retires.. He is going to be splitting time staying between the states and Nigeria.

But yea.. If you ever get the chance to go to Africa.. Go to Nigeria and learn somethings about the culture.

That way.. You have your own experience and you have educated yourself. 

You will love the way they treat you.
pimp.gif

OP what city/state were you at in Nigeria?

less than 1% of the population in nigeria controls all of the country's wealth. it's the 6th largest oil producing nation in the world and still manages to be an impoverished third world country because of rampant corruption, neglect, and religious turmoil.

i get that it's annoying that the "white world" thinks all africans are poor and covered in flies, but how is keeping a spotlight on the negatives that still need fixing a bad thing?

Back
Top Bottom