The shake up of college athletics begins this week?

I had heard Nebraska and Missouri potentially to the Big Ten... Whatever the case, this whole thing is one big mess and it appears could get really, really ugly for the Big XII or Big East...

D1A College athletics are dirty anyway. Nothing more than semi-professional sports that should have nothing to do with the school. If they do do anything actually is that they bring down the academic level of most universities, especially state universities. Not to mention that they lose money in a majority of the cases instead of bringing money that they say sports do when you actually do proper accounting. Read "Confessions of a Spoil Sport" if you don't believe me.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Teams I want out of the BIG XII:
Iowa St.
Colorado

Who cares who replaces them good riddance
Why?
As a fan of Iowa St. I would never convince you.... just my opinion

I just want to hear your argument of why we would get the boot as opposed to the other schools not named Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas Basketball, or Nebraska Football.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Not to mention that they lose money in a majority of the cases instead of bringing money that they say sports do when you actually do proper accounting. Read "Confessions of a Spoil Sport" if you don't believe me.

Of course they lose money, outside of college football and a some college basketball programs no sport generates revenue.  

The Big East is going to lose out on the Big Ten's expansion. I think Pitt is the team that goes to the Big Ten despite the rumors that Syracuse (I pray to god that this doesn't happen. I hate Big Ten basketball with a passion.) will defect. Jamie Dixon has protested the idea of them going to the Big Ten because it will hurt basketball but right now Pitt's football is the BMOC and the big money maker as football always is so it looks like some crooked AD or president will make their decision based off of that.

The Big East needs to be proactive and snatch Memphis while they can. Although their football is on the level of Syracuse's, their basketball, the life blood of the conference is what is important.

@$*+ is about to hit the fan in the NCAA and I don't want to be around when the @$*+ starts flying aroun

Coach stewart from WVA already let the cat out the bag a month or so ago, said the Big east is Over... then he tried to retract his statement a couple days later.

dont be surprised to see a few FCS teams come up and form a new conference..

Old Dominion, James Madison, Liberty, Appy State, Georgia State are few of the teams that have said they wanted FBS and have 40,000+ Stadiums

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

Coach stewart from WVA already let the cat out the bag a month or so ago, said the Big east is Over... then he tried to retract his statement a couple days later.
lebronfacepalm.gif

It sounds stupid but this could be what will turn me off of college sports for good.

I just want to hear your argument of why we would get the boot as opposed to the other schools not named Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas Basketball, or Nebraska Football.  
Just to play Devil's Advocate... What does Iowa State bring to the table? Because it's not real legitimate football or basketball programs... It's not tradition. It's not a major media market... It's not like there's a real geographical advantage to having them. No natural rival like Mizzou/Kansas, all the Texas schools, Oklahoma/OSU... Kansas State and Baylor have at least brought something to the table on the basketball court...

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

dont be surprised to see a few FCS teams come up and form a new conference..

Old Dominion, James Madison, Liberty, Appy State, Georgia State are few of the teams that have said they wanted FBS and have 40,000+ Stadiums

o yeah!, we need another Wac/Sun belt/conference Usa ...

isu42 wrote:

- Not competitive ENOUGH in football or basketball while they have had success in the 00's I think they could win more in another conference
- Not a big road draw=lost revenue

- No real in-conference rivalry connection to keep them in

- Iowa is in the Big 10

Lets be honest, the BIG XII is where it is because of Texas' recruiting hot bed so NO ONE wants out. 

Teams that I think would make a better fit now:

-Arkansas (former Southwest Conference member, geographically they can be placed north or south) Memphis could take their spot in the SEC

- TCU (former Southwest Conference member, Football program is substantially better)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Just to play Devil's Advocate... What does Iowa State bring to the table? Because it's not real legitimate football or basketball programs... It's not tradition. It's not a major media market... It's not like there's a real geographical advantage to having them. No natural rival like Mizzou/Kansas, all the Texas schools, Oklahoma/OSU... Kansas State and Baylor have at least brought something to the table on the basketball court...

I agree, Iowa State doesn't bring a whole lot to the Big 12.  I just wanted to hear what he had to say as to why they should axe us over Baylor or KState, two schools that don't offer anything either.

Those teams can have stadiums that fit 90k it doesn't change the fact that they would bring no money to the table

Arkansas would be GREAT but they aren't leaving the SEC for the Big XII... But you wonder what the Big XII has lined up as contingency plans just in case... TCU? BYU? Memphis? The options get really thin after that.. Do you go football heavy with TCU and BYU or try and strengthen basketball with Memphis? Do you stay at 12 or push for 14? Will this damn conference ever figure out that they need their own network to increase revenue...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Arkansas would be GREAT but they aren't leaving the SEC for the Big XII... 
Arkansas NEEDS out of the SEC.... they get smacked OFTEN!
I would like to see conferences reward these schools that are consistently performing whether in football or basketball

Missouri leaving the Big 12 kills the conference.

Colorado wants out but the conference needs Colorado.

Im willing to bet none of the north schools wants more Texas schools in the conference probably killing TCU's chances.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Missouri leaving the Big 12 kills the conference.

Colorado wants out but the conference needs Colorado.

Im willing to bet none of the north schools wants more Texas schools in the conference probably killing TCU's chances.
Missouri leaving would all but kill the possibility of a Big XII Network... 

Colorado is probably the most expendable of the rumored schools on the move...

On TCU... If it's not them, then who? Memphis is the one we keep hearing, but why?

FUUUCK. Utah leaving the MW? DAMMIT that's a big selling point for SDSU, with Utah gone our conference will be weaker and harder to get recruits...damn

I always figured Iowa State was the most expendable

Noboby reall talks about them but I always thought New Mexico would make good sense in the Big 12. 44 media market bigger than Memphis and Oklahoma City, but their football program would bring nothing to the table. Although a pipeline in Texas could change it around.

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Not to mention that they lose money in a majority of the cases instead of bringing money that they say sports do when you actually do proper accounting. Read "Confessions of a Spoil Sport" if you don't believe me.

Of course they lose money, outside of college football and a some college basketball programs no sport generates revenue.  
You got it all wrong.  90% of basketball and football programs lose money too.  Unless you are USC, ND, or one of those bigger schools you are screwed.  Someone like Rutgers is losing money each year with not that much to show for it.

Just a random thought, if yo were the SEC would you go with the team that is a large in state university and a ticket sales great like Clemson or a team that has more of a national following and more of a TV watch like Miami.

Id lean towards Clemson.

Back
Top Bottom