The Score has fallen off so hard (Cabbie is gone)

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

The Score has fallen off HARD. I miss the Score tonight,no more reason to watch it now that Cabbie's gone.

This
2 of their best shows are now gone, the Score Tonight was hilarious and so was Cabbie

Cabbie is dumb. He doesn't even know anything about basketball. He can't pronounce they players' names correctly, and they're familiar players. He didn't even know that some NBA teams puts Cs on the jerseys to indicate the team captains.

Aside from that, he is totally incapable of anchoring a sports show. He can't read the words off a teleprompter smoothly without stumbling. He is basically just a goofy personality.

Cabbie is dumb. He doesn't even know anything about basketball. He can't pronounce they players' names correctly, and they're familiar players. He didn't even know that some NBA teams puts Cs on the jerseys to indicate the team captains.

Aside from that, he is totally incapable of anchoring a sports show. He can't read the words off a teleprompter smoothly without stumbling. He is basically just a goofy personality.

lol yeah i remember him pronouncing Josh Childress' name "Josh Child - ress" haha

but even if his sports knowledge wasn't on point, it didn't need to be. ne never asked specific sports related questions...he asked questions that were unconventional and out of the norm. he asked why baseball players have different handshakes, and asked about special rituals that hockey players have before playing games. he asked the questions that EVERY other sports network / host didn't. and he was funny while doing it...that's what made him stand out from the crowd.

lol yeah i remember him pronouncing Josh Childress' name "Josh Child - ress" haha

but even if his sports knowledge wasn't on point, it didn't need to be. ne never asked specific sports related questions...he asked questions that were unconventional and out of the norm. he asked why baseball players have different handshakes, and asked about special rituals that hockey players have before playing games. he asked the questions that EVERY other sports network / host didn't. and he was funny while doing it...that's what made him stand out from the crowd.

The sad thing is with all the changes at The Score they're still better than TSN and Sportsnet.

The sad thing is with all the changes at The Score they're still better than TSN and Sportsnet.

ya score is missing cabbie hardcore right now....they do have 'the basketball jones' ' who I like. they've had some of the same backstage interviews Cabbie had and now with the show on once a week nation wide s great for basketball!

thescore.com/tbj - skeets and tas

ya score is missing cabbie hardcore right now....they do have 'the basketball jones' ' who I like. they've had some of the same backstage interviews Cabbie had and now with the show on once a week nation wide s great for basketball!

thescore.com/tbj - skeets and tas

cabbie was great, but so are tim and sid. with the smug sportscasters on tsn and sportsnet, the score is the only sports channel i choose to watch.

speaking of awful sports on canadian tv, what's the deal with the raptors broadcasters? watching a raptors game is like getting the audio to an armstrong-devlin dutch rudder. after enduring the ridiculous homerisms of swirsky, i thought the worst was over. now i can't figure out which is worse, salami and cheese or hellllooooooooooo

cabbie was great, but so are tim and sid. with the smug sportscasters on tsn and sportsnet, the score is the only sports channel i choose to watch.

speaking of awful sports on canadian tv, what's the deal with the raptors broadcasters? watching a raptors game is like getting the audio to an armstrong-devlin dutch rudder. after enduring the ridiculous homerisms of swirsky, i thought the worst was over. now i can't figure out which is worse, salami and cheese or hellllooooooooooo

I still love Court cuts,the Footy Show and the weekly NFL stuff they have. The thing that makes them better than TSN and the other networks is that they cover soooo many more sports and waay more variety unlike the hockey dominated TSN I mean seriously,who gives a !@@# about the World Juniors??Even in the off season they still won't stop talking about hockey and rarely talk about other sports like soccer and they only show highlights of the 1 or 2 big NBA games.They do have some hot anchors though,Beirness,Hedger
devil.gif
but the other anchors are boring and have noo personality.

Even though The Score has fallen off,I still prefer them over T(oronto)SN

I still love Court cuts,the Footy Show and the weekly NFL stuff they have. The thing that makes them better than TSN and the other networks is that they cover soooo many more sports and waay more variety unlike the hockey dominated TSN I mean seriously,who gives a !@@# about the World Juniors??Even in the off season they still won't stop talking about hockey and rarely talk about other sports like soccer and they only show highlights of the 1 or 2 big NBA games.They do have some hot anchors though,Beirness,Hedger
devil.gif
but the other anchors are boring and have noo personality.

Even though The Score has fallen off,I still prefer them over T(oronto)SN

so dude jumped to tsn? what a goof.

not missing cabbie, cam stewart is getting solid exposure with good segments

the score still > *canadian sports channel

so dude jumped to tsn? what a goof.

not missing cabbie, cam stewart is getting solid exposure with good segments

the score still > *canadian sports channel

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

THIS!

I am so sick and tired of basketball getting pushed on the back burner for other sports that "are more important". Sportsnet might as well be the national NHL channel, TSN shows anything but basketball (although I do appreciate the CFL stuff they do), which leaves...???

But I agree, the score has fallen HARD. They used to be the prime station to catch up with sports, that was perfect for the casual-@%# fan. Now the only thing they have that is somewhat positive is the competition to see who the new anchor is... But when you compare that to watching real sports, I think we know what will attract the viewers.

RIP The Score.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

THIS!

I am so sick and tired of basketball getting pushed on the back burner for other sports that "are more important". Sportsnet might as well be the national NHL channel, TSN shows anything but basketball (although I do appreciate the CFL stuff they do), which leaves...???

But I agree, the score has fallen HARD. They used to be the prime station to catch up with sports, that was perfect for the casual-@%# fan. Now the only thing they have that is somewhat positive is the competition to see who the new anchor is... But when you compare that to watching real sports, I think we know what will attract the viewers.

RIP The Score.

Score just doesn't have the $ I guess to compete with Sportsnet/TSN

now tim and sid are completely gone from the score
frown.gif
but at least they are still doing radio together @ sportsnet

frown.gif
but at least they are still doing radio together @ sportsnet

Originally Posted by Weather