The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I think they were running that side scrolling NBA game engine on the GENESIS too (with some changes). I'm with TURBO UNO TURBO UNO on that it might've been a game featuring the Bulls or Celtics.
I remember now that they also released "Bulls vs Lakers" in '92 and "Bulls vs Blazers" in '93. It was pretty much the same except color swaps for new teams with one player with a trademark special move (1 per team).

For pawn shop prices yes I normally pay 2-5$, cash America pawn wouldn’t budge on price either I knocked it down 3$
Ah, I see. Well they're good ones so you got a nice deal.

Have you tried it yet to see if it a) boots up and can load/play a stage or two?

Some cats are literally using toothpaste to fill the scratches on some PS2 games and I get the theory behind it but I'd try the disc first.

Anyone use any disc resurfacers?

I'm looking to order one on eBay, the JFJ Pro for $150. The company is literally 10 minutes away but they won't allow me to pick it up myself forcing me to pay shipping + tax. Might order from a seller in Florida. Check out YouTube vids on it.

Some cats are literally using toothpaste to fill the scratches on some PS2 games and I get the theory behind it but I'd try the disc first.

I've tried that and no luck. It leaves the disc shinier but still skips/not boot up.

I love dkr but every time I win a race I have to smh and laugh at the appallingly racist elephant :lol::smh:

Dude is classic 90's ignorance of the difference between Indians and Arabs

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I'm looking to order one on eBay, the JFJ Pro for $150. The company is literally 10 minutes away but they won't allow me to pick it up myself forcing me to pay shipping + tax. Might order from a seller in Florida. Check out YouTube vids on it.

I've tried that and no luck. It leaves the disc shinier but still skips/not boot up.

joe billionaire joe billionaire I guess if what TURBO UNO TURBO UNO is saying about the toothpaste not working then your best option is to have the disc resurfaced. Just have to proceed very carefully because if you take off too much material the disc is toast.

I love fighting games. I haven’t stepped over to next gen consoles yet (ps4, xboxone) so I haven’t really been playing guilty gear or the newer ones because I don’t see a point of getting them on PS3 when I’m going to end up with a ps4 sooner or later.

I love fighting games. I haven’t stepped over to next gen consoles yet (ps4, xboxone) so I haven’t really been playing guilty gear or the newer ones because I don’t see a point of getting them on PS3 when I’m going to end up with a ps4 sooner or later.
Man I haven't even left Dreamcast still playing Marvel vs Capcom. LOL

Last edited:
Picked up a 360 this week after becoming bored with the X1.

Forgot how good FN Champions and Saints Row 1 was. Also found named 2017-2018 named rosters for NCAA Football 2014. :nthat:

Surprisingly the graphics aren’t as bad as I thought they’d be coming from the X1.

I think they were running that side scrolling NBA game engine on the GENESIS too (with some changes). I'm with TURBO UNO TURBO UNO on that it might've been a game featuring the Bulls or Celtics.

I wasn't saying they weren't. I was speaking on NBA Showdown for SNES being the LAST of that "model."

Picked up a 360 this week after becoming bored with the X1.

Forgot how good FN Champions and Saints Row 1 was. Also found named 2017-2018 named rosters for NCAA Football 2014. :nthat:

Surprisingly the graphics aren’t as bad as I thought they’d be coming from the X1.

Some of the 2011-2013 games hold up pretty well against the current generation.

Back
Top Bottom