The RETRO Gaming Thread!

No question. Dreamcast than PS2 were definitely observing Moore’s law from the previous generation.

Can’t look at Tekken then Tekken Tag Tournament and question the leap in graphics.

Moore’s Law was dead after that as the leaps were less so console tech wise. They went from developing custom processors, technology to just adopting AMD and Nvidia APUs.

With holding onto cross generation, this is actually one of the worst console generations imo.

My racer of choice (Diddy Kong Racing)
1667426916615.png

^^^Never finished it.

Got to that boss race and could never beat old dude.

I liked the control and level design more than Mario Kart 64.

I got my Mini 2 in today. Probably will never open it (like the other minis).

Really would’ve been dope if they included Popful Mail, Lunar 1, Lunar 2, Batman Returns, Batman (Sunsoft), Spiderman (Sega CD), Cobra Command, Dark Wizard, Dragons Lair, Eternal Champions (Sega Cd), Keio Flyinf Squadron, Lethal Enforcers, Lords of Thunder, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Road Avenger, Samurai Showdown, Shadowrun, Sol-Feace, Starblade, Terminator, NBA Jam, MK, etc. Seems like they had a lot of financial licensing issues.

Thinking of dumping my Nes Classic. I wanted one really bad back when you couldn't find one. Now I don't care.

I do mess with my SNES a decent bit though. Already added games to it like Mario All Stars and Chrono Trigger.

I remember being so excited when DKC dropped for SNES and then getting it that Xmas. That VHS tape that Nintendo mailed out a couple months before it's release was also great marketing for the time. I probably watched that tape about 5-6 times lol.

See said promo below. This video is 90's AF lol.

Back
Top Bottom