The Real World St. Thomas

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Went to high school with/live in the same area as Brandon.
laugh.gif

you on d street 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Show hasn't been the same since Bunim-Murray died
Bunim-Murray is a production company, not a person. And Jonathan Murray is very much alive.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

Show hasn't been the same since Bunim-Murray died
Bunim-Murray is a production company, not a person. And Jonathan Murray is very much alive.

He most of ment Mary Ellis Bunim. But either way the show has just gradually fell off on its own I won't blame the death of one person on the shows decline though.

Originally Posted by carbon16

Don't they always have a odd number of people?

Sometimes 7 sometimes 8, From seasons I've watched, not sure about early early years.

It was 7 for like the first 20 years or something
laugh.gif
They only recently did 8 the past few seasons in a row.

laugh.gif
Previews had him looking like the wild card. Hope he doesn't half a meltdown cuz of that beat looking blonde chick.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Hollywood was only good for a few eps for one person. After he left that season was just as lame as any of the others the past 5-7 years.

As far as challenges go they add new $%%%#@ from nowhere all the time. Since cancelling Road Rules I assume they just audition ppl like they do for RW but specifically for the challenges. I'm sure there was some challenge called new fish or fresh fish or some #*!* that implied a new group of rookies. Not everybody that does RW wants or is cut out for challenges.

Fresh Meat, that's how we got Cara Maria 
devil.gif
 and some others. 
Finally saw the show and ehh, it was ok for a first episode. At this point when it comes to Real World, I'm just watching it like it's the minor league. Watching for who stands out and could be in future Challenges aka the pros.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I never understood why people liked the challenges so much.
I don't think it's that much better but it's cuz it brings some of the best characters from best or even most boring seasons and puts them all in one place. That's a crazy dynamic on it's own. Add in a game and hot chicks having sex and it is more compelling and entertaining.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

the real crazy one will the be ginger im calling it.

they showed him punching himself in the face, thats not really calling it bro
laugh.gif

Basically big limb you went out on lol

I don't think it's that much better but it's cuz it brings some of the best characters from best or even most boring seasons and puts them all in one place. That's a crazy dynamic on it's own. Add in a game and hot chicks having sex and it is more compelling and entertaining.

Real world they bring together a group of people they think they will be a good/entertaining/clashful cast. With only 7 people.
Challenges they bring together a group of people they know will be a good/entertaining/clashful cast. With 15-30 people.

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Real world they bring together a group of people they think they will be a good/entertaining/clashful cast. With only 7 people.
Challenges they bring together a group of people they know will be a good/entertaining/clashful cast. With 15-30 people.

THIS

People like CT and Wes are always entertainment
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xbiker47

THIS

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
QFT
lets not forget about Derrick and Abram as well 
pimp.gif

So if we didn't already all agree, we all now know for sure Brandon is psycho.

Best part of episode was blonde chicks face/reaction after dude explains how "his heart is blacker then the night sky".
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xbiker47

THIS

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

....i dont get down with all of the drama that goes on with the challenges, but the above points are true for those that like it. for example Wes. he would have had like 0 airtime had it not been for the challenges. he got booted off his original show after a few episodes. he started off on a road rules and had a phisical altercation with this fat black guy, got kicked off with the quickness. his rebrith came from the challenge series.

*edit*

...nvm, i got Wes all confused. im thinking about Adam.....i think?

Definitely agree about the Real World versus the Challenges thing. I had rarely seen Real World or Road Rules early on, then I happened to
catch a Challenge marathon back in 2003/4 that had Coral, Veronica, Miz, Robin and some other folks and have been really looking forward to
those ever since.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

xbiker47 wrote:

ssjjfar wrote:

ATGD7154xBBxMZ wrote:

THIS

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

....i dont get down with all of the drama that goes on with the challenges, but the above points are true for those that like it. for example Wes. he would have had like 0 airtime had it not been for the challenges. he got booted off his original show after a few episodes. he started off on a road rules and had a phisical altercation with this fat black guy, got kicked off with the quickness. his rebrith came from the challenge series.

*edit*

...nvm, i got Wes all confused. im thinking about Adam.....i think?

Think you talking about Abram, but I never seen those old seasons, but have seen clips of abram fighting some fat dude, and another fight with someone else on another challenge.

Back
Top Bottom