The Point Of Dancing Across Different Cultures.

Question about what folks try to get out of dances.
Where I am from, the point of a dance is to get hard and rub it on a girls butt and make sure that she knows you are there. THe dude and the woman both know it is essentially dry rub.

Is this the same in other cultures?

Latino cultures have fast paces dances that involved more than just crotch to butt rubbing so is getting hard frowned upon?

For my Caucasian brothers, is this expected to happen when you dance with a girl or does she give you the 
grin.gif
face if it happens.

Just wondering if everyone has the same motives when dancing.

Video for beasts

Hispanics and black and caribbean cultures i noticed have a more sensual style of dancing. its usually a very close front to front or female back to male front sort of dance. white people on the other hand find it vulgar i've noticed. i went to europe and not only did i have to explain what winin'/grinding/perreo is, they all turned their noses up at such open sensuality. they dont dance sensually they just like to jump up and flail their arms.

?????????????

Isnt the point of dancing among cultures was for entertainment, social gatherings and for couples to get close?

Their was a time before the MEDIA turned everything sexual.

People danced with each other to celebrate and enjoy not for the DRY Humping.

im colombian and my white staten island native girlfriend always gets jealous when i dance salsa with other girls. she sees it as flirty and too much touching but i disagree. its just cultural differences, but its interesting.

When i dance its to have fun. i dont see the ulterior motives you guys do....unless its reggaeton
pimp.gif

When it comes to poppin first and for most the point is to have fun. And more than any other dance in my opinion the point of poppin is to show what music looks like. Whether it be hitting the beat, playing off the lyrics or dancing to the little nuances within the song. Dance is the most pure and original form of expression in my opinion and everyone should learn how to do some sort of dance. As Albert Einstein says "Dancers are the athletes of god"

Back
Top Bottom