The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Pre-ordered Miles
Not even sure what the next game is since I'm underwhelmed with 2K

Patiently waiting on Easy Allies to review Valhalla, because I might pick that up.
Ironically the only game that was gonna make me "bite" on it and just get the PS4 version was CP2077.

I will never be tempted like that again.

Please update Death Stranding

I hope DS gets an update that puts it on the current PC level but it is already gonna be much better on PS5 out the gate.

9A55377C-6B75-412E-A52B-43591BB05AA0.jpeg
I
D9E9289A-346C-4E89-B3FE-1FAFB5F0DA7B.jpeg

471BCA58-1ADF-44A7-8712-31F25E1DF5DE.gif

Torn between getting my kids a console for Christmas and not getting them a console for Christmas?

I don't know how old your kids are, but Im a big proponent of young children not getting the latest & greatest for electronics. They really don't need it.

But, I chose the disc version for these reasons:

-I have backlog of games I still need to finish
-I don't want to be forced to pay PSN store prices. Its always full retail on new releases & they often don't have the standard version.
-When i finish my games, I share/swap with friends and or sell it. I don't have that option with digital.
-Downloading a game from disc will be MUCH faster than online.
-Stores will have better deals for physical copies. (EX: Target has B2G1 right now, i never see that type of offer on PSN)
-I still have the option for digital games as well.

PO

Can a few of yall tell me why you decided to get digital or why you decided to get disk?

I stopped just buying disk gradually, plus I don't play 2 or 3 big name titles at once.
I'm a one game at a time guy and usually devote my time to playing that one game until I beat it and trophy hunt. Depending on the game size, the next newer game I had planned on getting will most likely be on sale. I only also buy games I KNOW I'm keeping forever or will eventually want to replay multiple times, I rarely trade in games.
To me if I'm trading in a game, it wasn't that good to begin with.

Something weird is going on with my order. This is the shipment I’ve been tracking since Sunday, believing it to be my preorder

2AFB71D5-F677-4E07-962A-213FF4CD9614.jpeg
But then I check my FedEx app this morning and this popped up

B6E92A81-F9A0-421C-B5A0-0AB823A2F042.jpeg

I know Solutions2 GO is the Walmart shipper and they sent me an email already saying that my order might be delayed, so the second shipment is most likely my preorder. But I have no idea what the first package is and it’s coming from Sony

Did you not pre-order/order anything from Sony?
The first one is definitely from Sony & the second one is definitely from Walmart.

I'm not sure why you are confused, because only you know what you ordered whether it be a system, accessory or game.

PO

It's finally over... Amazon shipped my 2nd PS5 - I have tracking.

I have all accessories and the double up of both consoles for both homes is complete. I can also comfortably put my 2nd PS Pro up for sale.

Big sigh of relief... Decided I will only be buying Miles and COD for launch, Black Friday deals are looking too sweet to buy now and I have plenty backlog.

Cheers.

shipped ps5.PNG

I don't know how old your kids are, but Im a big proponent of young children not getting the latest & greatest for electronics. They really don't need it.

But, I chose the disc version for these reasons:

-I have backlog of games I still need to finish
-I don't want to be forced to pay PSN store prices. Its always full retail on new releases & they often don't have the standard version.
-When i finish my games, I share/swap with friends and or sell it. I don't have that option with digital.
-Downloading a game from disc will be MUCH faster than online.
-Stores will have better deals for physical copies. (EX: Target has B2G1 right now, i never see that type of offer on PSN)
-I still have the option for digital games as well.

PO

This right here. Mom kept us a whole generation back. It was easier on her pockets and we were rough on the tech.

Sure it sucked having Famicom when cats had the Super Famicom & Mega Drive but it made me appreciate and look after the stuff I purchased when I could start working.

Did you not pre-order/order anything from Sony?
The first one is definitely from Sony & the second one is definitely from Walmart.

I'm not sure why you are confused, because only you know what you ordered whether it be a system, accessory or game.

PO
Nope. The only things I ordered directly from Sony were an extra controller and charging dock. Both were delivered over a week ago. I haven’t ordered anything from Sony since. I literally have no idea what that package could be

Decided I will only be buying Miles and COD for launch, Black Friday deals are looking too sweet to buy now and I have plenty backlog.

Those are the only two games I want as well. I have a decent backlog as well.
Have you seen those games on sale anywhere for BF?

PO

Last edited:
Smoke coming out the top is up in the air. :lol:
But the disk thing happened to the original XBone as well.
But it's just the usual launch day shenanigans. Let's hope none of us (especially me) get a bad PS5.
Bad enough I have to wait an extra week.

Back
Top Bottom