The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Call Of Duty IW MP Beta codes:

9GEJ-4RNL-7FGB
8CCT-T2N2-M6E3
J347-7BN6-5R38
M5JG-EPN7-TAFD
7MBC-8ENT-HHP9

Beta goes live tomorrow at 1PM EST/10am PST
Is it possible to do this on my computer? Not home and would like to set up a beta online.

Last edited:
^I'm gonna need that NT review.

Let us know how it is, @ddouble

Alright.

Setup was easy and straightforward but depending on your setup, you might need some cable management :lol:
I Went through the calibration and updated the firmware for the headset. Since I had more time, I could find the sweet spot I didn't get during my demo at EGX because I had no time.
You put on the headset and its set to the medium screen which is huge and my preferred screen size. It's like a huge projector or small cinema and strikes the perfect balance between IQ and size.

First thing I tried was the EVE Valkyrie demo and when you get in that cockpit :wow: :wow:.
The scale of everything!
You first notice the two large canons on either side then you get launched into space and see these huge ships surrounding you.
The demo was quick and the controls were inverted so I didn't even bother trying to shoot the enemies cuz I couldn't control. I was too busy admiring being in space.

Next in line was PS VR Worlds.The intro :pimp:
I played the Ocean Decent with the shark to see how it is because it's probably what I'm going to show when I have people round.
Had some clown fishes near me and it felt too close like it was invading my personal space. Felt weird
It's great just looking around and when I eventually did see the shark, I said to myself, That's a big fish. :lol:
Again the scale of it is and being able to look around to track it's movements as it tries to eat you basically is the selling point. You won't get that outside VR

Played Driveclub next.
Visually it's a big step down from the normal game. Cars look good but the textures on the rims were flat and the interior is lower poly.
There's visible aliasing on the edges and while you can see far in front, it being lower res doesn't help at all.

Once you start driving though :wow:
VR and driving games are a perfect match. You can switch to third person view which I normally do in racing games but it just doesn't work or didn't for me in VR.
Cockpit view was the best and you just use your mirrors intuitively to look behind. Spotting the apex was a lot easier and looking outside the edge of your windscreen and side windows when taking a long sweeping turn or hairpin blew my mind.
Made me think of how a Moto GP game will be in VR.

You also get a chance to view the car from different angles before the race starts and you actually feel like you're in the car. It's a shame about the resolution however as the dashboard looked blurry. The game definitely needs a pro version.
I can't wait for GT Sports on the pro with VR after seeing this or a racer built for VR from the ground up.

As for the headset, comfortable as said by everyone but you don't need it snug. It was starting to give me a headache at the back. All the wavers will know what i mean when you wear your durag tight and wake up in the middle of the night to loosen it up cuz you have a headache. The slider makes all the difference since it can rest nicely on your head while still being close to your face.

I'm done for the day but all in all, money well spent and definitely a branch in the future of gaming. I just hope the support is here to stay.

Oh yea, no nausea or motion sickness in either EVE or Driveclub and I did barrel rolls and crashed and flipped so I think i'm immune to all that.
Going to play RIGS tomorrow so let me not speak too soon.

Last edited:
"Finished" Mafia 3
Story's the best feature.
Gameplay's not up-to-par.
One of the best black protagonists since gaming's inception.
3/5

Last edited:
"Finished" Mafia 3
Story's the best feature.
Gameplay's not up-to-par.
One of the best black protagonists since gaming's inception.
3/5
How long did it take you? I want to redbox but not for more than 2-3 days
laugh.gif

How long did it take you? I want to redbox but not for more than 2-3 days :lol:
I put maybe 10hr into the game, but then I watched the rest of the cutscenes on youtube.
The game is maybe 15hr-18hr according to howlongtobeat.com.
The game is def. repetitive.

have my vr now but too lazy to hook it up

maybe tomorrow

scooped driveclub, eve valkyrie and worlds

interested in dudes review of rigs

D Double D Double

I hear that the psvr is cord city and theres something with the lights near the eyes that are bothering ppl.
as much as I do like it, it is a cordception out this B

You got it? What games did you get?
had I. before release cuz we got it from taco bell. we've been messin wit the demos, copped the VR world that comes wit London heist and ****. it's cool but heist was short as ****. really wanted to play that more. theres another game where you're an alien controlling a mech in space, it's tight. luge is trash, the underwater thing is just you sitting doin nothin.

The VR works great tho, there's no lag when moving or nothing. that was my main worry.
resident evil gonna be THAT game tho.

The Harmonix music game is tight too, might cop that after work

Between 12:00AM (midnight) ET on October 5, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM ET on October 19, 2016, an eligible consumer can play the following game code B6LZCFL7CHA once daily for his/her chance to win a prize. Text B6LZCFL7CHA to 72823 for a chance to win or play online at https://winpsvr.com.

This code can be used twice a day via email and text!

Got to win.. :rofl:
you won?

No.. :smh:
few more days, like 10 entries.

hey ps4 fam I've been having problems connecting through LAN on my ps4 since yesterday. first it says my pen can't obtain an IP address in time but when i do it manually it says cannot connect to internet and give erroe NW-31205-1 I've searched all over google and youtube and haven't found any solution. I'm wondering if any of you guys have a solution for this. any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Back
Top Bottom