The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

But we pay to play online now, when we didn't on PS3.  We're already in it
No I understand that, I honestly didn't know why Sony avoided charging foe PSN in the first play. I just hope PSNow fails.

Last edited:
PS3 free online play was a godsend.

I know it sounds insensitive but Sony and Microsoft need to let go of last gen consoles by the end of next year. Current gen consoles are beyond affordable already.

Last edited:
Well I'll continue to not buy into that business plan especially when Microsoft is going another route. PSNow is gunna fail.
what yall not taking into account, is that ps now is not made for the purpose of reintroducing ps3 games... its supposed to bring an extensive library of ps2 and earlier games... which once they do that and find the sweet spot for pricing... theyll be gold. if u getting psnow to play ps3 games... theres a problem. looks to me like this is just new technology in its infancy stage. im excited for whats to come.

what yall not taking into account, is that ps now is not made for the purpose of reintroducing ps3 games... its supposed to bring an extensive library of ps2 and earlier games... which once they do that and find the sweet spot for pricing... theyll be gold. if u getting psnow to play ps3 games... theres a problem. looks to me like this is just new technology in its infancy stage. im excited for whats to come.
Well in my case it's PS2 and PS3 games(PS3 mainly). I just hate the idea of them leaving out backwards capability.

Well in my case it's PS2 and PS3 games(PS3 mainly). I just hate the idea of them leaving out backwards capability.
but i mean systems havent really been backwards compatible since the one short run edition of the original ps3. and i think xbox miraculously "discovered" how to be BC a couple months ago when they saw a 50% price cut, and insane bundles weren't helping with sales. Why not ask Hybrid what the real reason behind playstation not having BC is? im sure hes more knowledgeable than we are. there IS the slight chance the PS is telling the truth and there is a hardware barrier between the two systems that wont allow discs from the ps3 to work in the ps4. who knows.

if they could bring back ps2 and ps1 tho? LAWWWWWDDDDDDDD

I like to wear earbuds inside the Gold Wireless so I can play my own music, or listen to podcasts, from my phone and hear the game audio.  Now THAT **** hurts my ears after about an hour.

I use the PS4 Spotify app, love this feature. Was always jelly that XBox 360 had custom soundtrack functionality and only select PS3 games could support it.

I like to wear earbuds inside the Gold Wireless so I can play my own music, or listen to podcasts, from my phone and hear the game audio.  Now THAT **** hurts my ears after about an hour.
Run spotify while playing games

PSnow is more of a solution for PS3 BC. To fully emulate the PS3 on the PS4 is a difficult task because they used the cell last gen. The only issue i have with their version of BC is if you own GTA:SA on the PS3 that license should transfer over to the PS4 without needing to buy the game at full price again.

Sony adding 40 more games to PSNow. I still have my free week, may have to use it this month.

New ones are marked 
Alone in the Dark: Inferno 
Anarchy: Rush Hour (New)
Armageddon Riders (New)
Atelier Ayesha 
Atelier Escha & Logy 
Atelier Rorona Plus 
Bentley’s Hackpack (New)
Big Sky: Infinity (New)
Bomberman Ultra 
Chime Super Deluxe 
Class of Heroes 2G (New)
Crash Commando (New)
Deception IV: Blood Ties 
detuned (New)
Doki-Doki Universe (New)
Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires (New)
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (New)
Eat Them! (New)
Echochrome 
Elefunk (New)
Everyday Shooter (New)
Fat Princess 
Flow (New)
Flower (New)
Go! Puzzle (New)
God of War: Chains of Olympus (New)
God of War: Ghosts of Sparta (New)
God of War HD 
God of War II 
God of War III 
God of War: Ascension 
Gravity Crash (New)
Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi 
Heavenly Sword (New)
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (New)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational 
Hustle Kings 
Ico 
inFamous 
inFamous 2 
inFamous: Festival of Blood 
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom (New)
Journey (New)
Killzone 2 (New)
Killzone 3 
Killzone HD (New)
Lemmings (New)
Linger in Shadows (New)
LocoRoco Cocoreccho! 
Lumines Supernova 
Magus 
Mamorukun Curse! (New)
MotorStorm: Apocalypse 
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 
Ninja Gaiden Sigma II 
Numblast (New)
Okabu (New)
PixelJunk Eden 
PixelJunk Eden Encore (New)
PixelJunk Monster 
PixelJunk Monster Encore (New)
PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap 
PixelJunk Shooter 
PixelJunk Shooter 2 
PixelJunk Sidescroller 
Piyotama 
Planet Minigolf 
Puppeteer 
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace 
Rainbow Moon nonDLC 
Ratchet & Clank Future All 4 One 
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time 
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (New)
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault 
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus 
Resistance 3 
Ricochet HD (New)
Savage Moon (New)
Shadow of Colossus 
Siren: Blood Curse Episode 1-12 
Sky Fighter 
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 
Snakeball (New)
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype 
Sound Shapes 
Spelunker HD 
Starhawk (New)
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark 
Super Stacker Party (New)
Super Stardust HD 
Tales from Space: About a Blob Premium Bundle 
The Last Guy 
The Last of Us 
The Last of Us Left Behind 
The Sly Collection 
The Unfinished Swan (New)
Tokyo Jungle 
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 
Toy Home (New)
Trash Panic (New)
Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll (New)
Twisted Metal 
Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception – Game of the Year Edition (New)
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (New)
Wakeboarding HD (New)
Warhawk 
When Vikings Attack (New)
White Knight Chronicles (New)
Xblaze Code: Embryo (New)
does this mean i can finally play the ratchet and clank games i missed after ps2? 
nerd.gif
 how much is it??

but i mean systems havent really been backwards compatible since the one short run edition of the original ps3. and i think xbox miraculously "discovered" how to be BC a couple months ago when they saw a 50% price cut, and insane bundles weren't helping with sales. Why not ask Hybrid what the real reason behind playstation not having BC is? im sure hes more knowledgeable than we are. there IS the slight chance the PS is telling the truth and there is a hardware barrier between the two systems that wont allow discs from the ps3 to work in the ps4. who knows.

if they could bring back ps2 and ps1 tho? LAWWWWWDDDDDDDD

If there isn't a practical means of making the PS4 incapable of backwards compatibility(which I doubt), than it's totally understandable for them excluding it. I'll read more into it and see if it's an big inconvenience for Sony to add it software-wise.

I am the Sheep.

I have bought the Final Fantasy library several times over without a second thought. OG's, anthology/chronicles, PS3, mobile, PS4, ect 
laugh.gif

I don't think PSNow failing equals BC. I mean, there are still millions of people who missed out on the PS3 era and it's games so PSNow is useful to them.

Last edited:
Uhhh ok. So what does that have to do with me owning a PS4 and still not buying this bc crap? NOTHING. its a stupid price point
price point is stupid? i think them cutting the price and then magically finding out "hey we CAN be BC!" isn't a coincidence. but what do i know? im not a developer, nor do i work for microsoft. (wish i did, i NEEEEEEEEED that surface book) if u saw ps4 sales drammatically decline, im willing to bet all the sudden playstation would unlock BC as well. but again, theres a chance ps is telling the truth and it really is impossible/super difficult. where is hybrid soldier when u need him lol. as for u owning a ps4 that may be fine. doesnt really matter. to say ive "been taken advantage of" by the business makes no sense. i havent given ps4 a cent outside of ps+ which im ok with since i switched from xbox so i was paying for online already. and like other dude said, if you're paying for online knowing u didnt use to... uve already been sucked into that business model. 

it is what it is.

I wouldn't mind being able to play some PS3 games on PS4 but it's not a must have. Statistically most people don't even use BC. 40M PS4s out there, I doubt people are buying them to play PS3 games.

Just like empire, I've bought the same FF games across at least 4-6 different consoles and I do it again on PS4 if they added trophy support. I don't why people feel entitled to BC on every new console. Keep your old console and play them old *** games or pay to play on new hardware.

PS3 free online play was a godsend.

I know it sounds insensitive but Sony and Microsoft need to let go of last gen consoles by the end of next year. Current gen consoles are beyond affordable already.
It's not about being affordable it's about making a profit. Sony and Microsoft are still making a profit off of the old generation consoles.

Back
Top Bottom