The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Back in the day I was on crash bandicoot, tekken, jet moto, etc.. I've been there and done that. Now I just have a smaller range

Whatever tho

Son. Did you black out for the past two generations? Naming off franchises that were relevant like 15 years ago or haven't been developed internally at Sony in just as long. :lol:

:lol: and I'm not against upgrading your phone every new release ..you can find me in android thread I pretty much switch my phone all the time .. just was curious that's all

I've been ps my whole life but now I'm really considering the Xbox one. I'm really torn lol
Edit: the kinect experience seems worth the switch I'm thinking

I mostly play sports and call of duty so all these exclusive content offerings don't mean much. For the games I like, does it even matter which I get??

Kinect 1 didn't do anything for FPS's or sports games and Kinect 2 hasn't shown that it'll improve those either. Game sales for Kinect games just fizzled out and the voice and gesture commands didn't really stick.

PS4 will most likely have the better multiplatform platform games so that would be better for you but If you're still in doubt then just wait until people get their hands on both because I still think we have a lot to discover on both consoles.

Am I the only one that's 'meh' on the VITA TV?

Yea it's nothing Major but I think it's a device that definitely has it's place the way things currently stands.

Kinect 1 didn't do anything for FPS's or sports games and Kinect 2 hasn't shown that it'll improve those either. Game sales for Kinect games just fizzled out and the voice and gesture commands didn't really stick.

PS4 will most likely have the better multiplatform platform games so that would be better for you but If you're still in doubt then just wait until people get their hands on both because I still think we have a lot to discover on both consoles.
Yea it's nothing Major but I think it's a device that definitely has it's place the way things currently stands.

I believe you should do more research on Kinect 2 before speaking.

Vita TV looks wack. Vita PS4 connection though = Must have.

I've been ps my whole life but now I'm really considering the Xbox one. I'm really torn lol

I mostly play sports and call of duty so all these exclusive content offerings don't mean much. For the games I like, does it even matter which I get??

You like MLB, get PS4. If it's Madden, 2K, and Fifa, X1.

COD will have its content released earlier on X1 as well.

Someone enlighten us on Kinect 2 in the PS4 thread. I don't see any software that makes it worth its price tag.

Only with Kinect can people somehow justify buying it before there's a reason to. No one buys the consoles without games saying, "Now that I bought this, developers will make use of it." If someone makes a Kinect game that can't be done on a controller, but only with the Kinect and its as compelling as a big AAA title like Metal Gear Solid, Halo, God of War, Battlefield, Killzone, Titanfall, Infamous, Uncharted, etc., then people will buy it. Until then, it's an expensive camera for voice and motion gestures and Kinect Sports Rivals.

You like MLB, get PS4. If it's Madden, 2K, and Fifa, X1.

COD will have its content released earlier on X1 as well.
How do we know those are going to be better on the xbone rather than the ps4

Historically, Microsoft's community is largely invested in sports games and Call of Duty. It may not be the same this gen, definitely. But if I were to use empirical data to create a hypothesis, it'd be that X1 will continue to have that community. KABLAMMY!

Call of Duty will also have dedicated servers on X1. No news if PS4 will have them.

*checks empirical data, hypothesis, and KABLAMMY! off word of the day calendar

Last edited:
Historically, Microsoft's community is largely invested in sports games and Call of Duty. It may not be the same this gen, definitely. But if I were to use empirical data to create a hypothesis, it'd be that X1 will continue to have that community. KABLAMMY!

Call of Duty will also have dedicated servers on X1. No news if PS4 will have them.

I see I see.. 

Wonder if all their other multiplayer games are gonna be on dedicated servers.

I remember them talking about having the dedicated servers available I wasn't sure companies were actually going to rent those servers from MS

in 2014 i hope gakai comes true and it will be on releasedate though.

The only reason i think the Xbox was the headline console for sports franchises was because it was easier to develop for than the PS3 with its architecture. So we ended up getting ports of the game (ie why earlier Maddens seemed to run a lot smoother on the 360 side). With both systems having the same architecture this go around and the PS4 with more power its very possible the games will be basically the same or even that the PS4 will have the better/smoother version.  Who knows though we will just have to wait and see. Of course M$ is still going to be the ideal place if you're a huge CoD fan though. Thats not going to change.

Also me and my friends were having a discussion about this the other night.  Besides sports and CoD/shooters what else is so appealing about the Xbox? I've always felt Sony definitely has the software edge which is more important to me than the actual box itself. Not meaning to bash M$/Xbox by any means (actually want to get a X1 later just w/o a Kinect). What's you guys opinions?

Last edited:

The only reason i think the Xbox was the headline console for sports franchises was because it was easier to develop for than the PS3 with its architecture. So we ended up getting ports of the game (ie why earlier Maddens seemed to run a lot smoother on the 360 side). With both systems having the same architecture this go around and the PS4 with more power its very possible the games will be basically the same or even that the PS4 will have the better/smoother version.  Who knows though we will just have to wait and see. Of course M$ is still going to be the ideal place if you're a huge CoD fan though. Thats not going to change.

Also me and my friends were having a discussion about this the other night.  Besides sports and CoD/shooters what else is so appealing about the Xbox? I've always felt Sony definitely has the software edge which is more important to me than the actual box itself. Not meaning to bash M$/Xbox by any means (actually want to get a X1 later just w/o a Kinect). What's you guys opinions?
Yeah, I'm not too high on COD these days.

I'm someone who plays mostly multiplatorm games and assumed the same..since both systems have the same architecture it would be a lot closer or better on the PS4 when it came to multiplats..given it is the more powerful system.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see since no one really knows at this point

I think EA is explicitly in partnership with Microsoft for sports games for at least this year, so Xbox One probably will still be the system to get if you care about NBA Live/FIFA/Madden.

I think a lot of you PS4 guys are trying to justify your purchase by downplaying the potential the X1 has. I'm cool with that. I made the decision to go with all three system this gen just like last gen because I hate missing out on anything - I'm a gamer plain and simple.

I think EA is explicitly in partnership with Microsoft for sports games for at least this year, so Xbox One probably will still be the system to get if you care about NBA Live/FIFA/Madden.

:wow: Link? Oh you don't have one. So you are basically making stuff up right?

Waits for the... BUT THEY BUNDLED TEH FIFA WITH TEH XBOX ONE :rolleyes

Last edited:
I believe you should do more research on Kinect 2 before speaking.

Vita TV looks wack. Vita PS4 connection though = Must have.

Since you know more, tell me how Kinect 2 is going to help in sports games or first person shooters and since the XBO is launching with Fifa 14, COD, Madden, NBA 2K14, NBA Live and Battlefield 4, you can start with how it's helping those games.

Honestly I may have missed something but I would like to know.

Since you know more, tell me how Kinect 2 is going to help in sports games or first person shooters and since the XBO is launching with Fifa 14, COD, Madden, NBA 2K14, NBA Live and Battlefield 4, you can start with how it's helping those games.

Honestly I may have missed something but I would like to know.

www.ign.com www.gamespot.com both of these sites carry more than just PS4 information, maybe you should try to do some research of your own.

:wow: Link? Oh you don't have one. So you are basically making stuff up right?

Waits for the... BUT THEY BUNDLED TEH FIFA WITH TEH XBOX ONE :rolleyes

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/ea-microsoft-enter-into-special-relationship-fifa-14-madden/

I could be wrong though. Hence why I said, "I think". Continue to go hard over stupid things though, don't stop at my expense.

Back
Top Bottom