The Official Wrestling Video Game Thread

How many slots do you want on your team?

• Total voters
I wanna scoop this up but I think I'll wait a lil while so I don't pay retail.
Last wrestling game I owned was smackdown on the PS2.

That's the thing them servers are horrible.
-XWD_v.gif

That's the thing them servers are horrible.
Will be interesting to see how it goes. Last time you and I played we did ok as far as connection.

We can do a few test matches when everyone gets it to see if servers hold up for us to do a league

The natural progression of a wrestling match is
Small Moves
Medium Moves
Big Moves
Finishers

As you wear your opponent down, the more high impact moves are THEN introduced into the match.

I think a major problem with the series is the mapping out of the moves.

I feel it is an issue that I can walk up to a FRESH opponent and perform a high impact move out of the grapple position. This isn't how a match is typically played out.

We discuss whether or not the team is moving toward an Arcade/Simulation and I think one area to look at is how the moves are being assigned to wrestlers.

Does this bother anyone else or is it not that serious?

@Roster Edits

Also, another thing that we will be improving this year. The allocation of the, "Combo Striker" skill.

Just about everyone is shipped with having the ability to string off Martial Arts style combo strikes. Everyone shouldn't have this ability. The majority shouldn't have this ability.

So only those known for striking will have the Combo Striker skill in our roster file. At first it might seem like a step down from what you are used to, but it feels natural and is another way for us to differentiate between fighters.

Weight detection is broken in 4 aspects; reversals, ground grapples, strength attribute, and special moves.

1) Reversals - currently, the game does not account for size, strength, and skill of the offense or defense. If I'm a lightweight or average heavyweight , I should not be able to reverse a move by the Big Show into a German duplex. On the flip side of that, if I'm the Big Show, my reversal package should not include any move where I am lifted freely off the ground.

2) Ground Grapple - currently, there is not a weight detection scenario for these moves. For example, if I'm kalisto and I have the seated ground suplex in my moveset, i am able to lift a super heavyweifht just as easily as I can lift someone my own size. This is a category where weight detection needs to be added in for realism.

3) Strength attribute - as of right now, the attribute isn't working properly. With AJ Styles attribute set to 0, I was still able to perform various lifting moves to Braun Stroman.

4) Special Moves - an alternate non-lifting special move category needs to be added in for these situations, based on the strength of the offense, and size of the defense. Right now you can perform any lifting move on any superstar regardless of weight detection. This will help create realism and strategy.

Thanks man.

I am trying to figure out how a wrestling game works. Fighting games are my fav GENRE and I am trying to connect the dots here.

Is this a legit fighter game? Like - is there complex high level rewarding competitive play?

Thanks man.

I am trying to figure out how a wrestling game works. Fighting games are my fav GENRE and I am trying to connect the dots here.

Is this a legit fighter game? Like - is there complex high level rewarding competitive play?

Wrestling games shouldn't be fighting games. That has been a problem with game developers and their approach to wrestling games.

It should be treated as a combat sports title

Wrestling games shouldn't be fighting games. That has been a problem with game developers and their approach to wrestling games.

It should be treated as a combat sports title

So is it competitive or?

Can you shed some light on what I said? No flame or hate for the game I am just genuinely curious.

Not quite sure what you are asking.

What do you mean is it competitive? Like E-gaming? Tournaments? Etc?

The natural progression of a wrestling match is
Small Moves
Medium Moves
Big Moves
Finishers

As you wear your opponent down, the more high impact moves are THEN introduced into the match.

I think a major problem with the series is the mapping out of the moves.

I feel it is an issue that I can walk up to a FRESH opponent and perform a high impact move out of the grapple position. This isn't how a match is typically played out.

We discuss whether or not the team is moving toward an Arcade/Simulation and I think one area to look at is how the moves are being assigned to wrestlers.

Does this bother anyone else or is it not that serious?
I get what you're saying but they have to make a game that appeals to the public also. Has any wrestling game ever mapped out a match like that before?

I noticed this year they have an arcade mode and simulation mode wonder what the difference is?

Yeah. Ranked online matches etc.

Is there some sort of high level play? Or is it mostly just a casual arcade style game?
Online matches are ranked but people mostly play with create a players. I don't really think it's a competitive game like a street fighter or Mortal Kombat. I feel like wrestling games will always be fun playing around with friends and doing a bunch of crazy ladder matches.

I get what you're saying but they have to make a game that appeals to the public also. Has any wrestling game ever mapped out a match like that before?

I noticed this year they have an arcade mode and simulation mode wonder what the difference is?

Yes.

The N64 games mapped out moves like this.

Weak and strong grapples.

Strong grapples were reserved for high impact moves.

You could tap the grapple button and perform a powerbomb or bearhug

How are ya'll liking it so far? Thinking ab buying the deluxe edition digital right now. Have it in my cart but can't decide :lol:

Some of the issues this game has weren't issues in N64 wtestling games.

Re: Reversals

There should be reversal styles

Giant
Lucha
Technician
Martial Arts

Some others.

But whenever there are reversible situations, the game should register which type of reversal the wrestler should do based on the reversal style assigned to him.

If I attempt to powerbomb Ryback, he should stop it with a back body drop.

If I do the powerbomb attempt to Hector Garza, he should perform an armdrag.

I really don't understand what this series is doing.

My new goal is to work for 2K and help take this series to new heights.

Hype/DC: WWE 2K18 Rating Edits:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z0Dkls-dx7JFVgKJzUtoLAHFCZZAlnkkfSL7K4QWjvE/edit#gid=4

***You want to use the ATTRIBUTES tab***

Notes

* Ratings appear low but that isn't important. We actually use the entire scale 0-100 in our attributes, so you will get a wider range of outputs.

* Giants/Monsters will appear to be overrated due to their Kayfabe strength/unstoppable nature.

* View an 80 the way 2K naturally treats the 100 rating. So if a wrestler is over a 65, he is doing something right in the wrestling business.

* Don't get into, " How is ____ 3 points higher than ____." Look at tiers. If two wrestlers are within 3-4 points of eachother, that really isn't that much of a differential since we are in fact using the entire scale.

* Don't JUST look at the Overall rating. Remember, wrestlers are rated based on their skillset. So to blindly look at the OVR and not look at the individual attributes wouldn't due each wrestler justice.

*Enjoy the work. We put a lot of hours into this. This is just the first wave. All WWE wrestlers are included. Including Mae Young, WWE UK, and NXT. If someone is missing, please let us know.

Back
Top Bottom