||| - The Official Wiz Khalifa Thread [Cabin Fever Out Now] // Rolling Papers out March 29th - |||

wiz has some verses i like (boarding pass, sdl, the life, rolling up) but overall, he's pretty corny and his whole style is forced imo. but i'm nottrying to rain on anyone's parade so this'll be my last post in here.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

wiz is the epitome of unoriginal. dude just started rapping about hotels, planes/jets and fashion, ironically similar to how currensy's been rapping for the last 4 years. then he wants to be max b on some hooks and then he does his best drake impressions on other songs. and he went from 0 tats amd ecko hoodies to 150 tattoos and being "fly" in 12 months. no thanks.
you know he is only 22 right?people change and dude is just growing up. You think this ___ would be on jets and planes at 15 years old or inhotels with girls back then? No
laugh.gif
. He just found his lane let him be.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

wiz is the epitome of unoriginal. dude just started rapping about hotels, planes/jets and fashion, ironically similar to how currensy's been rapping for the last 4 years. then he wants to be max b on some hooks and then he does his best drake impressions on other songs. and he went from 0 tats amd ecko hoodies to 150 tattoos and being "fly" in 12 months. no thanks.
you know he is only 22 right?people change and dude is just growing up. You think this ___ would be on jets and planes at 15 years old or in hotels with girls back then? No
laugh.gif

This plus the fact dude was tatted from day 1 and "Say Yeah" talked about being "fly" while living the star life so I don't know whatyou talkin bout....

Look at all these dames damn, when a n_ gettin' money an I'm a changed man
You smell that haze scent, know my game plan...tryin to get it smackin, ain't with that game plannin'
smokin.gif

you know he is only 22 right?people change and dude is just growing up. You think this ___ would be on jets and planes at 15 years old or in hotels with girls back then? No
laugh.gif
That's fine and all but we not talkin back when he was 15...we just talkin basically 3 years ago. His style was altered to cater to"what's in". He's clearly borrowed certain elements from other artists and meshed them all together. I ain't mad at him. I'm justsaying...call a spade a spade. It's SUPER common on here for people to get super defensive and take on the "who cares" roll whenever someone sayssomething about their favorite artists that they deem unfavorable. Rick Ross gets exposed...people play the "who cares, he makes good musiccard"...whenever Hov does some questionable *@**...dudes play the "who cares, he's a legend" card...when Eminem engages in rap beefs withpop stars...dudes play that same card. I just call it like it is. I'm not going to pretend to be oblivious to the whole picture. Whether it was him or hishandlers decision...it's obvious at some point...somebody said "Wiz...we gotta ride what's hot right now so let's hop on this "FlyTrain"...get tatted up, throw in some autotune...make certain type of records". And again...I ain't mad at him. He did indeed fine A lane, but I'm not going to sit up here and say it's "his".

Curren$y is guilty of the same thing. Back with No Limit and his early Young Money days...he certainly wasn't on this "laid back, cool, hippie smoker,Nike SBs, I like to skate" tip. That was added in much later. At the end of the day it's all about the music...and the both of them make good music.I'm just saying...the personas ain't exactly authentic. Whether that matters to the listener or not...that's all subjective.

This plus the fact dude was tatted from day 1 and "Say Yeah" talked about being "fly" while living the star life so I don't know what you talkin bout....
Maybe that's when you found out about him but Say Yeah is definitely not "Day 1" for Wiz...

I hear this, and I cannot disagree w/ a straight face. But at the end of the day, dude is making solid music, his execution is there, and it doesn't soundforced. I listened to one of his interviews, and he sounds like a real chilled, focused dude...and I was surprised at how humble he came across. Dudedoesn't rap about all of the 35 bodies that his pistol has, or the massive amounts of dope that he push...He's on some every day dude stuff, for themost. Women, weed, and money...if you're in touch with dudes around his age, these things are prevalent.

...Lets not forget he's a rapper, and they tend to do stupid things like "ink their whole bodies" lol. But I'll take him over any other phonyin the game any day, as long as he continues to make good music.

I just got put on to dude, and he does make some
decent music with all the other corniness goin on
out here. He's staying in his lane, but lets be real,
what artist hasnt taken bits and peices of other
artists to graph their own style? Every rapper has
a category of Hip Hop they can be placed in I guess.

You know what's sad?

NT is gonna HATE this lil' %@!@% this time next year.

Word to Wayne, Kanye, Drake, etc...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif
That's fine and all but we not talkin back when he was 15...we just talkin basically 3 years ago. His style was altered to cater to "what's in". He's clearly borrowed certain elements from other artists and meshed them all together. I ain't mad at him. I'm just saying...call a spade a spade. It's SUPER common on here for people to get super defensive and take on the "who cares" roll whenever someone says something about their favorite artists that they deem unfavorable. Rick Ross gets exposed...people play the "who cares, he makes good music card"...whenever Hov does some questionable *@**...dudes play the "who cares, he's a legend" card...when Eminem engages in rap beefs with pop stars...dudes play that same card. I just call it like it is. I'm not going to pretend to be oblivious to the whole picture. Whether it was him or his handlers decision...it's obvious at some point...somebody said "Wiz...we gotta ride what's hot right now so let's hop on this "Fly Train"...get tatted up, throw in some autotune...make certain type of records". And again...I ain't mad at him. He did indeed fine A lane, but I'm not going to sit up here and say it's "his".

Curren$y is guilty of the same thing. Back with No Limit and his early Young Money days...he certainly wasn't on this "laid back, cool, hippie smoker, Nike SBs, I like to skate" tip. That was added in much later. At the end of the day it's all about the music...and the both of them make good music. I'm just saying...the personas ain't exactly authentic. Whether that matters to the listener or not...that's all subjective.

This plus the fact dude was tatted from day 1 and "Say Yeah" talked about being "fly" while living the star life so I don't know what you talkin bout....
Maybe that's when you found out about him but Say Yeah is definitely not "Day 1" for Wiz...

Dude its not even that serious.

Originally Posted by flightman

laugh.gif
That's fine and all but we not talkin back when he was 15...we just talkin basically 3 years ago. His style was altered to cater to "what's in". He's clearly borrowed certain elements from other artists and meshed them all together. I ain't mad at him. I'm just saying...call a spade a spade. It's SUPER common on here for people to get super defensive and take on the "who cares" roll whenever someone says something about their favorite artists that they deem unfavorable. Rick Ross gets exposed...people play the "who cares, he makes good music card"...whenever Hov does some questionable *@**...dudes play the "who cares, he's a legend" card...when Eminem engages in rap beefs with pop stars...dudes play that same card. I just call it like it is. I'm not going to pretend to be oblivious to the whole picture. Whether it was him or his handlers decision...it's obvious at some point...somebody said "Wiz...we gotta ride what's hot right now so let's hop on this "Fly Train"...get tatted up, throw in some autotune...make certain type of records". And again...I ain't mad at him. He did indeed fine A lane, but I'm not going to sit up here and say it's "his".

Curren$y is guilty of the same thing. Back with No Limit and his early Young Money days...he certainly wasn't on this "laid back, cool, hippie smoker, Nike SBs, I like to skate" tip. That was added in much later. At the end of the day it's all about the music...and the both of them make good music. I'm just saying...the personas ain't exactly authentic. Whether that matters to the listener or not...that's all subjective.

Dude its not even that serious.

QFT.

Gotta bump the thread in light of me bumpin "Boarding Pass"....

You don't want this night to end do you?... so sip slow-o-ooo, an i'ma put this thang on cruise control
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

That is all true. And i'm a wiz fan and even I would say,"How you go from baggy jeans and 7x tees and hoodies to nike sbs, tight jeans, laid backtalkin bout flyin all the time"

With that being said though,

"You can say my name but, ya %%%#+ already knows it,
got no problems spendin paper, I got it so I blow it,
shawty what' s ya name put my number in ya sidekick,
captin of this spaceship you !%#+#* with the pilot,
say you wanna ride well, I can give you mileage,
plus I live that star life, won't you come and try ittttt"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

who cares? why do ya'll get off on validating artists? its the music that counts...ya'll get wrapped up in stupid details that NO ONE cares about. stopwasting your time.

Why y'all acting like y'all weren't wearing 8x throwbacks and pinwheel fitteds years ago too? Same with me, people grow, people change. All in all,the important thing is dude makes good music. Whether he's spittin' 'bout Pistolvania in "Walk with Me" or he's talkin' aboutweed and the fly life with "Take Away". Dude has a good ear for beats and I repeat, makes good music. If you like it, fine, if you don't, statewhy and move on.

Originally Posted by 540JFan12

Why y'all acting like y'all weren't wearing 8x throwbacks and pinwheel fitteds years ago too? Same with me, people grow, people change. All in all, the important thing is dude makes good music. Whether he's spittin' 'bout Pistolvania in "Walk with Me" or he's talkin' about weed and the fly life with "Take Away". Dude has a good ear for beats and I repeat, makes good music. If you like it, fine, if you don't, state why and move on.

Originally Posted by 540JFan12

Why y'all acting like y'all weren't wearing 8x throwbacks and pinwheel fitteds years ago too? Same with me, people grow, people change. All in all, the important thing is dude makes good music. Whether he's spittin' 'bout Pistolvania in "Walk with Me" or he's talkin' about weed and the fly life with "Take Away". Dude has a good ear for beats and I repeat, makes good music. If you like it, fine, if you don't, state why and move on.

Cause haters gon hate.

Car Service(w/o Curren$y) was piff i.m.o... I play "Take Away" on a daily basis
I think he's come out with better songs after the release from Warner Bro.

... now if he can just stop biting drake, and get back to being completely himself, everything will be cool.
He has far too much talent to keep doing that

Originally Posted by megggamicah

... now if he can just stop biting drake, and get back to being completely himself, everything will be cool.
indifferent.gif

QFT...couldn't agree more

Everybody went through that stage and cats is acting like you have to stick with that...dudes slay me. Anticipating the album
pimp.gif

i put it on repeat at times.

see im on my way but i dont know where im goinnnnnn, been gon so many days dont know my way back homeeeeeeeeeeeee

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

indifferent.gif
no, im being serious. Theres alot of songs where he does this strange drake thing, which sucks because Drake isnt his own entity anyway( he bitesoff Phonte,Nick Fury, Trey Songz, Lil Wayne, etc). Whoever he is around, thats who he sounds like at the time. He's kinda stopped doing it but still.

Anyway... Yea, Wiz has done quite a few tracks where I was like "why does he sound like him". Being from Aliquippa( a bit outside Pittsburg), its alllove, so dont get me wrong.

/\ he really ain't the only one either. It's a whole new breed of _'s out there who feel comfortable enough to start hittin flat out notes now.

This dude really don't be saying much of #%%$ but I just can't help but dig the vibe of most of his #%%$. Straight ridin music.

my exact sentiments

Back
Top Bottom