The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

Literally put my tv on mute at 0-30 during the 8th game because I could tell Chris Evert was about to get really obnoxious.

Man Serena got smoked something serious. Naomi had her looking like a random jobber that Serena would’ve beaten in previous years

She not as quick as she used to be. Age catches up with everyone . At best, maybe she could drop some weight and come in better condition and see how that goes.

She not as quick as she used to be. Age catches up with everyone . At best, maybe she could drop some weight and come in better condition and see how that goes.

Just caught the highlights but was coming to say i felt like she actually dropped weight then saw your comment.

Did she not look slimmer than last season? Or was that just my eyes?

Anyways yeah i get the emotion. Look how close she has been and hasnt been able to get it )due to various reasons). Im sure that takes a toll on you psychologocically knowing youre close not in youre prime and the youngins just all in your way

Her dog face self could retire for all I care

giphy.gif

Just caught the highlights but was coming to say i felt like she actually dropped weight then saw your comment.

Did she not look slimmer than last season? Or was that just my eyes?

Anyways yeah i get the emotion. Look how close she has been and hasnt been able to get it )due to various reasons). Im sure that takes a toll on you psychologocically knowing youre close not in youre prime and the youngins just all in your way
I admittedly have a hard time follow tennis as consistently as I’d like to do I may not be sure of her weight last season but I just made that comment stating on where she may be able to go from here . She appears to have ability to continue playing at a certain level as she was doing okay early in the match but she just wasn’t quick enough to match Naomi. And those unforced errors she has. It seems like everytime I watch Serena, the unforced errors kills her.

I retract let me not say it’s over cuz she’s a GOAT: I could still see Serena doing GOAT things and still getting that record though.

Brady made it tough that first set but Naomi kept it steady together and is dominating the 2nd set right now

Back
Top Bottom