The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Victor Wemby Invitational)

What an amazing final so far. Pliskova fighting well after that horrible start and that botched volley late in the 2nd.

Well deserved win for Barty carries herself so well as a role model, unlike her compatriot Mr Kyrgios.

A compelling final. Happy for Ash, but equally gutted for KaPlish cuz I'm sure she's regretting some of her shots on the big points. You learn and move on, I guess.

A compelling final. Happy for Ash, but equally gutted for KaPlish cuz I'm sure she's regretting some of her shots on the big points. You learn and move on, I guess.

i turned on the tv replay just now 2nd set 5 all and she is falling apart. Net volley on 40-love then the way long forehand, yikes.

People better get used to it because Novak will soon be the GOAT. Roger looks done and Rafa is close behind. Nole is in the best form out of the three and wouldn't be surprised if he won the US Open considering that hard courts are his best surface.

Whether he is injured or not. Olympics without spectators, without his coaching team and without his family, including the travel hardships, are good reasons to forego the Olympics.

Saying it’s due to injury is an easy way for him to pass on the Olympics (also with regards to Uniqlo)

This Naomi docuseries on Netflix is so sad so far. Her withdrawing from the Majors this year just make even more sense watching all the events leading up until this point. I just want to give her a hug.

This Naomi docuseries on Netflix is so sad so far. Her withdrawing from the Majors this year just make even more sense watching all the events leading up until this point. I just want to give her a hug.

Isn't it. I felt so bad for her in France. Some people have no idea how introverts live and how uncomfortable they are in situations they cannot control, like a press conference.

Want to be really upset? Go read what Megyn Kelly said about Naomi on Twitter. It's all over the news. She jumped in on another "journalist" for saying bad things about Naomi. They both essentially are calling her a fraud for being on the cover of the SI swimsuit issue, having a barbie doll made of her and doing Vogue Japan & Time Magazine covers, while not wanting to do press conferences. MK and the other journalist have zero clue about the life of an introvert whatsoever and MK is obviously jealous since she's so irrelevant now and basically unhireable. Here's the link.

This ticks me off. I was so shy and nervous around people growing up. Always walked with my head down, when I was out in public (malls and stores, etc) Could never make eye contact. Was just shy and couldn't talk to anyone. Thankfully I kinda grew out of it once I got sick with Ulcerative Colitis and having to talk to doctors face to face about how sick I was helped. But what Naomi goes through, I truly feel for her. And anyone who piles on about doing things like the magazine covers (which the SI shoot was last year before she came out with her mental issues) need to look at their own life and realize they must be so unhappy with their life to need to hurt someone else. Those photo shoots, she's in control, the complete opposite of a press conference.

Last edited:
More clowns weighing in

-stops doing media due to negativity/bullying and mental health
-does magazine cover photo shoot, feels good
-same media tries to drag her and bully her for it
-shocked pikachu

fwiw Clay Travis is a conservative racist sports commentator/professional clown, and y’all know who the other two are

It's always the usual suspects and they seem to be getting worse. At least no network wants megyn kelly on tv but sad that trash like travis and morgan are.

It's always the usual suspects and they seem to be getting worse. At least no network wants megyn kelly on tv but sad that trash like travis and morgan are.

Exactly. And Piers Morgan is the biggest hypocrite out there. Didn't he rail on Meghan Markle on the morning GB show and one of his co-host called him out right there on live tv and he was so upset he stormed off the set and quit right there? He can dish it out but can't take anything given back to him. Dude's horrible & not a nice guy.

Last edited:
People better get used to it because Novak will soon be the GOAT. Roger looks done and Rafa is close behind. Nole is in the best form out of the three and wouldn't be surprised if he won the US Open considering that hard courts are his best surface.

No doubt - he's definitely got a good few years in him and the others are done - he could put the record out of sight.

Worth a read, he's started legal proceedings against the publishers. There's no smoke without fire i guess.

^ I read the first half of the interview with Olya a few months ago. Glad she's had the chance to get her story out.
Sascha has an amazing game, but this is absolutely :smh: :smh: :smh:
His replies to this from a few days ago was also very sketchy.

The ATP also needs to do more to address abuse and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom