THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I'm over summer leauge being the highlight of our season.

2011-2012 = Warriors sign Carmelo to a MAX deal.
Curry/Turner/Melo/Wright or Randolph/?
I hate you for letting me entertain the idea.

4 1/2 hours away
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does this all mean?

You're all done and can be a big boy now?

Moving?

I want details if I'm throwing out congrats.

Well, if you want my life story: I graduated from nursing school in December and finally got around to taking the boards today. Found out I passed, so now I'm a registered nurse (with state board of CA). As far as moving, yea, it looks like I'll need to move out of state to find a job.

Well if that's your list story...my condolences.

That's awesome, you should totally get drunk tonight then.

Since you're registered in CA, would you have to take the board elsewhere should you move?

What's your short list of locations?

And before you ask, once I see you and Paul talking about this stuff I usually switch threads.

Yo Paul, I got an Albuterol question and I thought of you!  No Justin Bieber.

Still with me, LJ?

If/when I go out of state, I'll just have to pay a fee to have my license ported - no need to retake the test.

I really want to work for the VA (Veterans Affairs) so I'll see which locations are hiring.  Ideally: D.C., Atlanta, Dallas/Austin, and I'm mulling over Columbus. 

I'm with you - similar to CPA.

Wait someone wants to move to Ohio? Or am I thinking of a different Columbus?

Isn't the VA big in SD? I think my ex-gf worked at one near the UCSD campus.

All the places your interested, minus Ohio, seem interesting to me.

Sadly, Oregon or Pittsburgh may be in my future.....outside shot at Bos or NY.

I know, I know .. I'm one of the biggest Ohio bashers here and unlike most others, I've actually been there.  What is appealing about that place is the cost of living/salary ratio. 

Are you being offered a promotion if you move to either Oregon or Pittsburgh? 

No, I'm looking to enter law school and there's a program at U of Pitt which has my attention. There's also a similar offering at the U of Oregon.

I've been to Ohio, but years ago.

Will have to drive through it to get to Pitt too.

We're going to Chicago on 4/15 and then to Pitt from there via a roady.

That's quite the Midwestern roadtrip. I've always been intrigued by that part of the country.

What particular program/type of law do you want to study?

I don't know, really. That's part of the problem. The general breadth intrigues me, but this program:

http://www.law.pitt.edu/ipi/

Covers a lot of areas, all of which I have an interest in. Tech, Business, Intellectual Property, IPO.

We're taking the red-eye on 4/15 to Chicago (I have family there), staying until the following Weds and driving to Pittsburgh. So we're not doing a cross-country roady (yet). Don't have enough PTO or energy for that.

Oregon has similar course selections and would be on the West Coast which is beneficial to my wife's business and being near family.

Going to be one of the few in attendance for the Pirates Brewers Thursday day game though.

Get a room, you two!
smh.gif

Good job passing your boards, What up. What hospitals have you applied to here in the Bay Area... or have you just set your sights on outside the state?

laugh.gif

Just doing DP's job, only with actual convo.

Eventually I want to work in some capacity for the NBA, I figured a law degree and networking wouldn't hurt.

PNC Park should be nice, I'm looking forward to it. Was just by Pac Bell on lunch. I'll definitely get some pics.

Can you enter the program, start taking classes before you decide which program to enter?

Are you going to rent a car from Chicago drive to Pittsburgh and return to Chicago? Because if not, I'm interested in how rental companies deal with that. Do they assess a huge fee for not returning it back to the location you initally rented it from?

If I was in your shoes, I'd look at Oregon more favorably because it's better for your wife's business. That's just my opinion though.

PNC is a beautiful park, I hope you have a good time.

Paul - My aunt is long time friends with one of the Reinsdorf's sons, I believe...so who knows...it's all about who you wind up knowing right?

My plans are:

SFO to ORD - red-eye land at 5am rent a car for the chi trip. I don't want to borrow my aunt's different aunt and she's now in a nursing home.

Drive from Chicago to Pitt on the Weds following 4/15. 400 miles or there abouts. My wife isn't keen on flying anyway.

From Pitt fly into OAK on that Saturday.

Flying direct to and from Pitt is impossible from the Bay, which sucks.

What Up - they hit you with a $200 fee as "location" fee since we're driving it and returning it elsewhere.

It nets out to about the same as 3 flights would have been because of that $200 fee.

In regards to the program, you take your lower division required coursework first (first year law writing, etc). So that's a possibility. I just need to research what interests me the most. I'm sure I'll have more direction after tax season is over and I do a campus visit.

I'm planning on visiting Oregon in the fall. I'm taking the LSAT in June and need to really start my grind on that.

My wife is down for whatever, she knows how intrigued I am by that program at Pitt, but we both have to like the area/school etc. She would make her business bi-coastal (photography) and start marketing toward NYC and Boston more.

Good luck with everything - keep us updated.

And when you give us updates, we want details before we throw out congrats.

Back
Top Bottom