THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

This may have been brought up in this thread before but hypothetically speaking...if the Warriors had the #1 pick and take take John Wall what would happen to Steph or Monta?

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Hey Paul, does ULead ever crash on you before you optimize the .gif? I always save before, but it is really irritating when it does crash...
It used to. Then I re-installed a different Ulead. Now it doesn't do that anymore. Plus I optimize them in Photoshop now since they do a better job at retaining the quality when optimizing.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

This may have been brought up in this thread before but hypothetically speaking...if the Warriors had the #1 pick and take take John Wall what would happen to Steph or Monta?

If it was my team, I would try and trade both.  Try and get a good SG/SF/PF for those guys.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Hey Paul, does ULead ever crash on you before you optimize the .gif? I always save before, but it is really irritating when it does crash...
It used to. Then I re-installed a different Ulead. Now it doesn't do that anymore. Plus I optimize them in Photoshop now since they do a better job at retaining the quality when optimizing.
which version of PS do you have?

HeyPaul, does ULead ever crash on you before you optimize the .gif? Ialways save before, but it is really irritating when it does crash...
Itused to. Then I re-installed a different Ulead. Now it doesn't do thatanymore. Plus I optimize them in Photoshop now since they do a betterjob at retaining the quality when optimizing.
which version of PS do you have?
PS CS3

Hey, I'm in the market for a new laptop. I'm looking to spend $1,000 but below that if possible.

What I'm looking for:

- 14.1 inch, but will consider 13.3 inch
- A good graphics card (so it won't lag on me when I have multiple things open)
- A good processor (so it won't lag on me when I have multiple things open)
- At least 320gb hd, but I prefer 500gb
- 4gb RAM

I found this: Sony CW23FX/B 14" Black notebook featuring an Intel Core i3 Processor 330M with 4GB memory and Blu-Ray rom for $799.99

Good buy? Or can I find better?

Looks like good specs, but a bit expensive. but 14inch is !#+!$## small. most important thing on a laptop is the battery life. my HP dies after about 2 hours. i just bought this thing on Black friday too
smh.gif
smh.gif

I kind of want to stay away from an HP because of the manufacturers defects, but I may be stubborn enough to stay with an HP. I'm so damn used to their keyboard and mouse. I like the Page Up and Page Down buttons and where they're located. It makes browsing NT so much easier.
laugh.gif

I believe the battery life is 4 hours. I checked it out at Fry's yesterday.

I don't consider 14.1 inch to be small. I think 15.6 inch is hella big
laugh.gif
. I like to have a little smaller laptop so I can take it to Starbucks easier and whatever else.

I've heard good things about Asus and Toshiba. Sony I heard was right behind them and ahead of HP.

Is it really that expensive? I wouldn't want to overpay. If there is something for cheaper with things I'm looking for, then I'd heavily consider that laptop.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Aren't Sony laptops the best? I would stick with the Sony.

I had a Vaio and it completely crashed within 18 months of owning it.  Lost everything.  Im a macbook guy now, and probably will be for the rest of my life.

I kind of want to stay away from an HP because of the manufacturers defects, but I may be stubborn enough to stay with an HP. I'm so damn used to their keyboard and mouse. I like the Page Up and Page Down buttons and where they're located. It makes browsing NT so much easier.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
. I like to have a little smaller laptop so I can take it to Starbucks easier and whatever else.
Wait a couple of months. I think i7 is about to hit a majority of laptops within the next half year. I'm in the market for one if I end up heading to graduate school next year. I'm looking for a one that is probably 13 inches or smaller that can handle a lot of computing, so I'll keep a heads up for you.

Originally Posted by dland24

I had a Vaio and it completely crashed within 18 months of owning it.  Lost everything.  Im a macbook guy now, and probably will be for the rest of my life.
IMO, Sony Vaios are purely for aesthetics. Performance comes secondary, because you can pay $500 for a HP or Dell that will perform the same as a sleek $900 Vaio.

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

you cant go wrong with a macbook. ive had mine for 2 years with no problems at all
You really can't. Macbooks are something serious, but I just can't fork out the money when I know I can get similar computing power with a laptop within the $600-$700 range.

Macbooks are one of the most overpriced and overrated piece of *%%! ever. sure they perform good, but they rely strictly on name, but then again what doesnt.

Ive also heard asus was the best. someone had a chart of the least warranties claimed, and i believed they were the top. Maybe you can start a thread in the general, im sure someone saved that chart. I think christmas and black friday have the best deals, more so on christmas. if you can wait, i suggest you do it.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Wait a couple of months. I think i7 is about to hit a majority of laptops within the next half year. I'm in the market for one if I end up heading to graduate school next year. I'm looking for a one that is probably 13 inches or smaller that can handle a lot of computing, so I'll keep a heads up for you.
Good info, but really, I don't want to wait. My HP is on it's last legs. The left click on my mouse works sometimes when you press it hard or whatever. I think it's a lot of wear and tear on this computer already.

As far as Macs go, I can wait on getting a Mac. Plus, my brother has a Mac. I can seriously wait on getting one.

Originally Posted by dland24

IMO, Sony Vaios are purely for aesthetics. Performance comes secondary, because you can pay $500 for a HP or Dell that will perform the same as a sleek $900 Vaio.
Where can I find one?
laugh.gif

I see those HPs without a graphics card.

Well, I made a thread in General about buying a new laptop and the first reply was "Mac >*."

Ugh. No one ever seems to read.

OMG I'M BACK AFSAJDIFJDSAFJSAOIDJFOIDSAJFOIDSAJFOIDSAJFOISDJFOIDSAJ

That was a perfect time to get "suspended". Tuesday night I ended up staying at my school's lab until 4:30AM
sick.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom