**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

TXT

Are we allowed to talk Ralph Lauren rugby shirts?
I'm smitten by this white and blue striped rugby shirt I saw today. 90% shirt it was ralph.

On the Ralph Lauren website they just put up a bulldog varsity jacket. It is way overpriced though. the leather leather sleeves do looks nice but the body is a thin canvas material and the are charging over 900. If I can get it for under 300 I would probably cop though. They also put up a really nice oil cloth vest with leather trim that really caught my attention in the outerwear section.

the bulldog jacket says 595, not over 900.

i'm surprised it's not wool / leather. especially for the fall.
RL is cutting corners and it's obvious that quantity is now the priority, not quality. Rugby never was discontinued. They are putting out the same designs made from the same sub-par materials, and just throwing a price on increase and blue labels on it. I can't spend my money this way.....

This is gonna turn into the JB thread in a minute when RL starts stitching pregnant mares on clothes. I picked up a couple pairs of chinos and a few oxfords for work and I don't see any difference. Maybe they'll just make the retro stuff cheaply.

Last edited:
geez, just quit it already with this indian camp river crap already.
It's ridiculous at this point, they're are not even trying anymore, it's just recycled ideas from last season (left over Rugby mostly) and a lot of them haven't been improved on. This is a drought of ideas over at RL, I'd rather they just keep it simple and make interesting pieces.

RL is cutting corners and it's obvious that quantity is now the priority, not quality. Rugby never was discontinued. They are putting out the same designs made from the same sub-par materials, and just throwing a price on increase and blue labels on it. I can't spend my money this way.....

you know that i know that already. reuse, recycle, Ralph Lauren. hahahahhaha

it really is a damn shame that they made that varsity with a cotton body instead of wool though.

everyone crying about how Rugby is gone, it never left. Rugby was just an extension of blue label but at cheaper prices because of the demographic target. Ralph smartened up and said F that, these idiots are going to buy the same stuff on my blue label line at a higher price, so why bother with Rugby hahaha

If anything, all the die hard Rugby enthusiasts got their prayers answered (this never happen in the 90's)

When does that snow beach high street come out??? Looks like it has a back pocket. No snow beach patch though??? I like wu tang on it

The beacon prints I posted are old Rugby and--at least IMO--had a slight hint of originality and contemporary design by including the skull and chief's head into the patterns. I don't see the beacon patterns ever going away completely because there's a strong following for those designs, but it would be nice to see fresh ideas.

geez, just quit it already with this indian camp river crap already.

Not that I disagree, but what exactly would you like to see from RL?

it really is a damn shame that they made that varsity with a cotton body instead of wool though.

It really is, I'll still probably cop but wool would have made the varsity 10x better. I almost don't even want it now.

The beacon prints I posted are old Rugby and--at least IMO--had a slight hint of originality and contemporary design by including the skull and chief's head into the patterns. I don't see the beacon patterns ever going away completely because there's a strong following for those designs, but it would be nice to see fresh ideas.

Great pics man, you have a nice rugby collection. Post more!

Back
Top Bottom