**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I stopped my Macys on 34th on my way home from work right now. They are all there. I figured for $60 apiece, I might as well just scoop them up.

I don't like the rafting plates and long sleeve joints, but I can rock with these short sleeves. Wish the cut was wider though. ...Ralph Lauren is going to be the man who finally gets me to get back into shape. ...Having to pass on new stuff because of cut. Having to pay the XL tax on prices of vintage items.

I might stop back tomorrow for a few other things.

Jay - I know it's not out of your way either, but if you want me to grab anything for you, just let me know.
nice pick up man.. gotta try and swing by that macy's if i could. i'm gonna try hitting up some ones over here in jersey first but they usually have nothing good
^ as a skinny dude, the slimmer cut from custom fit is very appreciated. The classic fit is always too wide and too short in my size.
i wish i could rock the custom fit.  the custom L fits my torso perfectly but my arms look like tied meat with how short/tight those sleeves are.  the classic fit polos fit my arms just fine but are too loose in the body area, but i usually just stick to those in polos.  custom fit buttondowns and rugbys and pretty much whatever else other than polos are perfect for me  
Gonna be cool today... The Ocean Challenge logo was hard. XVI's still holding up.
nice fit.  16s lookin real good

i wear a M in jackets (most jackets), and a S in button ups. holla if u got anything.
No doubt. QU, keep it funky!!

Polo Sport - what size do you wear, BTW?
i ended up getting a Polo Basketball spellout jacket, the joint with the leather sleeves and wool body, and a Polo script satin jacket in black. i've seen the red one floating around but too flashy for me. first time seeing the black one and fit was pretty spot-on. and yeah man, i got drenched coming back but i had a waterproof bag. definitely didnt pick a good day to do a meetup!
What you got in the works? Very nasty weather out hope you still get your deal done.
hit me if you change your mind man. i have all 4 colorways for $80 plus shipping. at that price u can give the others away as gifts lol.
i still need those the blue and green polo caps.
mean.gif
haha it was only a matter of time before his name came up again. smoke-dog, wiggz is a big-time lo-collector and the creator of the "Show Ya Lo" site. i had made the mistake a while back of saying he was a lo-life and got ragged on in this very forum. i admit it, i got schooled. he isnt OG but an "affiliate" LL. he has tons of lo, but wears it in a way that some ppl find funny. i personally feel that you can rock whatever u want, however you want. but at the end of the day some think differently and air that out. he was actually booted out of the LL circle recently. ah well, as the world turns lol.

i ended up getting a Polo Basketball spellout jacket, the joint with the leather sleeves and wool body, and a Polo script satin jacket in black. i've seen the red one floating around but too flashy for me. first time seeing the black one and fit was pretty spot-on. and yeah man, i got drenched coming back but i had a waterproof bag. definitely didnt pick a good day to do a meetup!

ohhhhh, you met up with my dude. i have 1 of those already, but was watching both auctions.

Jay - I know it's not out of your way either, but if you want me to grab anything for you, just let me know.

appreciate it my dude. i'll be out and about this weekend, maybe even after work today so i'll be checking out what's good.

on another note, these instapologram dudes are hilarious.

Picked up this rugby during the last sale and have had the itch to do this

Saw smoke dza do something similar. Thoughts?

Last edited:
The rugby is sweet with the original patch but the Indian head won't hurt it. I'm 2 seconds away from ordering a few of those patches myself. My wife has a couple cashmere Lauren sweaters that I want to put that Indian head on for her along with a cashmere/wool blend coat I have that I feel is too plain.

The rugby is sweet with the original patch but the Indian head won't hurt it. I'm 2 seconds away from ordering a few of those patches myself. My wife has a couple cashmere Lauren sweaters that I want to put that Indian head on for her along with a cashmere/wool blend coat I have that I feel is too plain.
Only thing is that the patch is soo big and doesn't come any smaller. But it def adds flair to the piece

Smoke dza

Last edited:
today... polo sportsman pullover with custom upside down flag patch (cant really see from photo) / trapper lake button up / custom RRL longbill

I stopped my Macys on 34th on my way home from work right now. They are all there. I figured for $60 apiece, I might as well just scoop them up.
Did that Macy's get a big and tall section? I was there a month ago and they told me they would get a section for fat dudes like me. Macy's at Queens Center also has these for $60 but I rock a 3XB and the largest they have is 2XL.

appreciate it my dude. i'll be out and about this weekend, maybe even after work today so i'll be checking out what's good.

on another note, these instapologram dudes are hilarious.

Ha. That's the same dude who posted that he wanted Andy to put the Downtown bear on lawaway! :rolleyes

Slowly, but surely, you got people trying to turn Lo into the same ish as the "sneaker game."

Picked up this rugby during the last sale and have had the itch to do this

Saw smoke dza do something similar. Thoughts?

Personally, I wish patches sold separately didn't exist. I'm a purist though, so I'm always going to be anti that kind of stuff.

Did that Macy's get a big and tall section? I was there a month ago and they told me they would get a section for fat dudes like me. Macy's at Queens Center also has these for $60 but I rock a 3XB and the largest they have is 2XL.

I didn't see anything above a 2XL, and no dedicated B&T section. I should have checked out QC too. Did you, by any chance, notice whether they had the olive rubgy with the blue stripe and indian patch in a 2XL at QC? They were out of the big boy sizes at 34th.

Ha. That's the same dude who posted that he wanted Andy to put the Downtown bear on lawaway!
eyes.gif

Slowly, but surely, you got people trying to turn Lo into the same ish as the "sneaker game."
Personally, I wish patches sold separately didn't exist. I'm a purist though, so I'm always going to be anti that kind of stuff.
I didn't see anything above a 2XL, and no dedicated B&T section. I should have checked out QC too. Did you, by any chance, notice whether they had the olive rubgy with the blue stripe and indian patch in a 2XL at QC? They were out of the big boy sizes at 34th.
They definitely had a nice selection of that color but I can't be certain if they had a 2XL. I did see 2XL for the other colors in that style so most likely they had the olive in your size. 

I'm an XXL too. I hate going shopping and seeing all kinds of hot deals on the smaller sizes and no double X. Sometimes I find an XL thinking, "I could probably fit this." Go try it on and look like I stole my little brothers shirt. It seems like its a big jump from XL to XXL. Then I hear all you dudes hollering out Medium and Large. You guys got it made... Not really, but at least when it comes to shopping selection.

stopped by the RL outlet the other day, they didn't have much that I liked aside from a few ties, I picked up these shorts and some smell good with a 20% off coupon they sent in the mail

I actually like these better than the pair that are out in the current collection, they are much darker, I seen them at Macy's the other day

Also picked up these D&S shorts, about a week ago

I'm an XXL too. I hate going shopping and seeing all kinds of hot deals on the smaller sizes and no double X. Sometimes I find an XL thinking, "I could probably fit this." Go try it on and look like I stole my little brothers shirt. It seems like its a big jump from XL to XXL. Then I hear all you dudes hollering out Medium and Large. You guys got it made... Not really, but at least when it comes to shopping selection.
I was a XXL and 40 waist several years back, I have since after several years of working out in the gym and changing a couple eating habits, am now down to a Large and 35-36 waist.  And your correct about the shopping selection for larger sizes and there are so many more options at the smaller size, plus most retailers receive more of those sizes as apposed to the XXL and B&T sizes.  So the smaller size always go on sale and you can usually catch good deals, Years back when I was rocking XXL if I went a Macy's or Bloomingdales and saw a polo I liked there would usually be only 1 or 2 in XXL and I would have to jump on it cause if I didn't it would be gone.

So yeah your right the M & L guys got it made when it comes to certain types of shopping and clothes,  I actually love it now tho, but my wallet hates me because every time I go somewhere and see some polo, they usually have something I like, want and don't already have and in my size, and so therefore I buy it even though I know I don't need it  

Only thing that sucked for me was that I had to re-buy many pieces in my new size and had tons of stuff that didn't fit me anymore.  I was left with over 100 XXL polos and somewhere around 40-50 polo jeans and shorts, and that not even including suits and dress shirts, fortunately I was able to sell most all of the pieces on cl and to friends, but I still have about 10 or so polos and some dress clothes left. 

Unfortunately I recently tore my ACL and Mensiscus playing ball at the gym and will be having surgery in the coming weeks
mean.gif
I am just afraid that I may put on a little weight since while I am out of the gym I won't be getting an exercise and I still have some bad eating habits, I love sweets, damn it
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Congrats on getting into better shape.

Re-buying items in smaller sizes would be a headache, but it would also be a blessing, since (especially if we are talking vintage) you can get more for the big boy sizes.

I was a XXL and 40 waist several years back, I have since after several years of working out in the gym and changing a couple eating habits, am now down to a Large and 35-36 waist.  And your correct about the shopping selection for larger sizes and there are so many more options at the smaller size, plus most retailers receive more of those sizes as apposed to the XXL and B&T sizes.  So the smaller size always go on sale and you can usually catch good deals, Years back when I was rocking XXL if I went a Macy's or Bloomingdales and saw a polo I liked there would usually be only 1 or 2 in XXL and I would have to jump on it cause if I didn't it would be gone.

So yeah your right the M & L guys got it made when it comes to certain types of shopping and clothes,  I actually love it now tho, but my wallet hates me because every time I go somewhere and see some polo, they usually have something I like, want and don't already have and in my size, and so therefore I buy it even though I know I don't need it  

Only thing that sucked for me was that I had to re-buy many pieces in my new size and had tons of stuff that didn't fit me anymore.  I was left with over 100 XXL polos and somewhere around 40-50 polo jeans and shorts, and that not even including suits and dress shirts, fortunately I was able to sell most all of the pieces on cl and to friends, but I still have about 10 or so polos and some dress clothes left. 

Unfortunately I recently tore my ACL and Mensiscus playing ball at the gym and will be having surgery in the coming weeks :smh: I am just afraid that I may put on a little weight since while I am out of the gym I won't be getting an exercise and I still have some bad eating habits, I love sweets, damn it :lol:
sounds eerie, similar thing happened to me playing ball outside on uneven court

Congrats on getting into better shape.

Re-buying items in smaller sizes would be a headache, but it would also be a blessing, since (especially if we are talking vintage) you can get more for the big boy sizes.
Thanks

Yeah I had a few vintage pieces that I got some good $ for, so it lessened the blow when I was actually selling them
laugh.gif
so I can't complaint to much

More matching fits for me and my son. I swear we're going to be like twins.

On another note I must admit I am a Ralph Lauren fanatic.

Sales were decent, but the discounts weren't deep enough on some of the items that I've been watching.
I did pick up the custom fit western sport shirt with the serape print on the back yoke.
At $34.00, I couldn't pass.

I've been dying for the RRL selvedge jacket from a couple of years ago. It's an Icon or Roper. Never a medium. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom