**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Not to sound like a snob or anything, but some of you dudes thats new to the thread can at least take the time out to skim through the entire thread, 90% of the answers you seek have been said more than a few times.

Imo that custom polo stuff is wack, almost as bad as putting pink laces in blue foams. If stock isnt good enough i don't know what is, but then again its your clothing...

Polosport - i actually like that jacket compared to the one from last year due to the lack of "coastal guard" on the back, shoot me a pm for the camo rlx link, couldn't find it on the bay.

Bip roberts - stay off my IG page (lmao) thats definitely digglahh

Guilty as charged.

You can't stop me from crashing yo' party, fool :tongue: :lol:

Theres a polo store in brooklyn?

After Bklyn Style just posted about people asking stuff that's been answered 100 times. ...And, you been here for years, bro. You're better than that, c'mon.

Yes, for people who want to become overnight vintage Lo-heads, you can buy all the vintage Lo you want with the click of a button at only semi head crack prices.

...I'm not totally against polostore, really. As a lot of the older cats in the thread can probably attest to - polostore conjures mixed emotions. The idea is fine, in theory, but just from reading the IG comments, you see there are really a lot of culture vultures trying to capitalize on the fact that the subculture poked it's head a bit further out the shell. Lots of overnight Lo-heads emerge when it gets a bit easier to operate on the periphery of the culture. ...People are going to complain and call me an elitist and a snob for saying this stuff, but think about what happened to the sneaker culture. This is how that all started. And, like I've told a lot of the real heavyweights in this Lo thing - I'm nobody in that "game." I have a very average stash of stuff - I could benefit from easier access to more stuff just like anybody else. I'm just not convinced that the trade off of "making it easier" at the expense of watering things down is worth it. I'd rather it be harder... even for myself if it helps protect the culture from what has happened to sneakers, and what is starting to already happen to Lo.

Last edited:
Guilty as charged.

You can't stop me from crashing yo' party, fool :tongue: :lol:
After Bklyn Style just posted about people asking stuff that's been answered 100 times. ...And, you been here for years, bro. You're better than that, c'mon.

Yes, for people who want to become overnight vintage Lo-heads, you can buy all the vintage Lo you want with the click of a button at only semi head crack prices.

...I'm not totally against polostore, really. As a lot of the older cats in the thread can probably attest to - polostore conjures mixed emotions. The idea is fine, in theory, but just from reading the IG comments, you see there are really a lot of culture vultures trying to capitalize on the fact that the subculture poked it's head a bit further out the shell. Lots of overnight Lo-heads emerge when it gets a bit easier to operate on the periphery of the culture. ...People are going to complain and call me an elitist and a snob for saying this stuff, but think about what happened to the sneaker culture. This is how that all started. And, like I've told a lot of the real heavyweights in this Lo thing - I'm nobody in that "game." I have a very average stash of stuff - I could benefit from easier access to more stuff just like anybody else. I'm just not convinced that the trade off of "making it easier" at the expense of watering things down is worth it. I'd rather it be harder... even for myself if it helps protect the culture from what has happened to sneakers, and what is starting to already happen to Lo.

I am fortunate to have actually been around when Lo became iconic in the late 80's early 90's and I love everything about Polo, and it had nothing to do with being a "Lo Head or Lo Life" but the lo lifes went hard and couldn't be ignored in Brooklyn...Polo it was at the time the most exclusive and well respected brand in NYC....Now cats today asking if my 94 Indian head knit is for sale and they were born in 93'

camo rlx link? i dont know much about rlx, maybe you got the wrong person?
Polosport - i actually like that jacket compared to the one from last year due to the lack of "coastal guard" on the back, shoot me a pm for the camo rlx link, couldn't find it on the bay.

Bip roberts - stay off my IG page (lmao) thats definitely digglahh
i have that sweater... somewhere lol.
I wish that I had some pics, but I don't. I do know that there is a womens mid version by Lauren that has been on shelves for a while.

Here's the Ralph Lauren Men's protoype sample from Fall 2011 that the model is wearing without laces.

The samples shoes are usually manufactured two years before the target season so I wouldn't be surprised to see them release, but RL has been known to scrap designs very often.
well said BIP. i can see both sides of the coin. i've definitely found some gems on the bay so i cant complain but i do see what you mean. on that note here's mac miller wearing one of my favorite aztec designs.
Guilty as charged.

You can't stop me from crashing yo' party, fool
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

i have that sweater... somewhere lol.

well said BIP. i can see both sides of the coin. i've definitely found some gems on the bay so i cant complain but i do see what you mean. on that note here's mac miller wearing one of my favorite aztec designs.
Both of those tribal patterns are two of my favorite from RL. Don't you have the same hoody that Miller is wearing?

I finally found the knit wool version a few weeks ago after years of searching.

Wait a few months and Polo will be out of style again. They'll be onto something else.

Vintage Vangrack or something stupid...

I wish that I had some pics, but I don't. I do know that there is a womens mid version by Lauren that has been on shelves for a while.

Here's the Ralph Lauren Men's protoype sample from Fall 2011 that the model is wearing without laces.

The samples shoes are usually manufactured two years before the target season so I wouldn't be surprised to see them release, but RL has been known to scrap designs very often.

Oh ok, those are pretty similar. On a second look tho, some of those models are definitely wearing bean boots, you can make out the label if you zoom.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...view=99&ab=ln_men_cs1_pants&parentPage=family

The front page banner in mens pants advertising the 3 new fits has a model wearing bean boots. I guess they are just that iconic that Ralph would actually have another brand on his website.

Last edited:
Are some of the models on the website wearing ll bean duckboots? I checked the boots on PRL's site but they don't have that particular style. Kinda weird if they are wearing another brand's footwear.
Yeah they probably are, they use LL Bean boots in the stores as props too sometimes.

Oh ok, those are pretty similar. On a second look tho, some of those models are definitely wearing bean boots, you can make out the label if you zoom.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...view=99&ab=ln_men_cs1_pants&parentPage=family

The front page banner in mens pants advertising the 3 new fits has a model wearing bean boots. I guess they are just that iconic that Ralph would actually have another brand on his website.
:wow:. That's insane. I had to see it to believe it. I thought they were RL samples all these years. I wonder if bean is manufacturing some of RLs boots?

Last edited:
Guilty as charged.

You can't stop me from crashing yo' party, fool
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

sorry dude, I cant keep up with this thread

so the polo store in brooklyn, is the polo store account on instagram I always see posting vintage Lo for sale? They have some dope pieces time to time, but I never knew if they were legit or what their deal was

sorry dude, I cant keep up with this thread

so the polo store in brooklyn, is the polo store account on instagram I always see posting vintage Lo for sale? They have some dope pieces time to time, but I never knew if they were legit or what their deal was

Yes. They are legit.

nice find SMB. i like the wool version too but i tend to keep away from wool pieces (with a few exceptions). yeah i have that hoody, i love that thing in the winter bc of the thermal inside. i found a 2nd one on ebay a couple yrs ago and have that in the vault.
Both of those tribal patterns are two of my favorite from RL. Don't you have the same hoody that Miller is wearing?

I finally found the knit wool version a few weeks ago after years of searching.

some of the pieces in the current nautical collection are pretty nice. paired them with a cap from a little while ago.

someone mentioned that the upcoming season is called 2nd regiment? 

Yeah I checked Bloomingdales but they don't have the XL.

JayRocksLo,

You thought the collection was crap? I thought the American side of it was pretty solid. Wish I got more than just the hoodie. Really kicking myself for not getting the jacket when I had the chance.

Yes, a bunch of crap. 1934, were you alive back then? I get the whole tribute to the past thing, but it looks really stupid boldly printed. I think I have one sweatshirt from that line, navy blue, red tipped collar and ribbing with a shield patch on the chest. the same thing with the japan anorak. that's a good look for those japan dudes who rock, but I'm not japanese and would feel stupid rocking another country other than the US or where my parents are from. I can apply this to whenever there are years like 1928 or 1932 boldly printed on items or other countries other than the US and say it's crap. That's just my opinion, saves me money on buying new crap and allows me to pick up older stuff to fill holes in my collection.

I need to know where I can find the % codes before I cop

There might be a Labor Day sale but an event should be coming up for you to cop on sale .

Also if you hold out on the denim jacket and it goes on sale and you ur size sells out just call one of the stores that carry it and they'll get you straight . Every sales man there is knowledgeable and passionate about their job also they get commission on sales so they will go that extra mike to make sure they get repeat biz.

I need to know where I can find the % codes before I cop

There might be a Labor Day sale but an event should be coming up for you to cop on sale .

Also if you hold out on the denim jacket and it goes on sale and you ur size sells out just call one of the stores that carry it and they'll get you straight . Every sales man there is knowledgeable and passionate about their job also they get commission on sales so they will go that extra mike to make sure they get repeat biz.

Yeah I know I'm just like I need an online % but the emails I've been getting from RRL are in store only and the stores can't even order them for me

Yes, a bunch of crap. 1934, were you alive back then? I get the whole tribute to the past thing, but it looks really stupid boldly printed. I think I have one sweatshirt from that line, navy blue, red tipped collar and ribbing with a shield patch on the chest. the same thing with the japan anorak. that's a good look for those japan dudes who rock, but I'm not japanese and would feel stupid rocking another country other than the US or where my parents are from. I can apply this to whenever there are years like 1928 or 1932 boldly printed on items or other countries other than the US and say it's crap. That's just my opinion, saves me money on buying new crap and allows me to pick up older stuff to fill holes in my collection.
feel the same way about wearing a Japan anorak, I think the only piece I've seen that was country-themed I would rock is the Kenya rugby.

feel the same way about wearing a Japan anorak, I think the only piece I've seen that was country-themed I would rock is the Kenya rugby.

What about the reverse though? With all the crap that rednecks do to prominently display the sentiment of 'Murika, aren't you also tempted to feel self-conscious at times rocking USA pieces? Sometimes I'll be rocking some joint with a big USA spell out and wonder if any of the women on the train are looking at me thinking, "I bet that dude wants to overturn Roe v Wade" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom