The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | SOP Today 3PM PST / NEW Firmware Update is LIVE / PS5 Pro launches 11/7 for $699

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is someone leaking details which sound like the came from a YouTube presentation.

So supposedly the Disc version doesn’t come out until Dec 5. Digital on Nov 14. I’m gonna have to stay true and hold out for the disc version. Not like I’m pressing to play anything right away.

Disc version supposed to be $650. About what I expected.

Leaker mentioned the 19th. Maybe Sony said F it pull it up. Other leakers already said last week that this is the week. Tired of waiting. Wonder if pre-orders are going to be right after the trailer.

So for people that want the Astro Bot OST. Just get the $10 digital deluxe upgrade. It comes with it.

astro bot.png

Track 17 is the one EYE was talking about earlier living in my head.

Still need this iTunes.

I’m washed, was playing wu kong but I think I will be dropping it. I beat the bosses in front of me (eventually) but some of it just feels like a chore. Don’t have the patience anymore.|l

$650 for a PS5 Pro is not for me. There’s something about the way Sony been moving lately that killed my hype for the Pro.

So it is $650? Probably worth it for what you get but not for me a this stage, especially if it doesn't double as a blu ray player.

Good to see that a lot in my backlog will be getting the Pro treatment, especially FFVII Rebirth but gadamn £700.

1725981081919.png

52Zu3H9.png

The PS5 Pro console will be available this holiday at a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $699.99 USD, £699.99 GBP, €799.99 EUR, and ¥119,980 JPY (includes tax). It will include a 2TB SSD, a DualSense wireless controller and a copy of Astro's Playroom pre-installed in every PS5 Pro purchase. PS5 Pro is available as a disc-less console, with the option to purchase the currently available Disc Drive for PS5 separately.

PS5 Pro will launch on November 7, 2024 and will be available at participating retailers and directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com. Preorders will begin on September 26, 2024.

We developed PS5 Pro with deeply engaged players and game creators in mind – as many have asked for a console that runs even higher fidelity graphics with smoother frame rates at 60FPS. We achieved this on PS5 Pro with several key performance features.*

• Upgraded GPU: With PS5 Pro, we are upgrading to a GPU that has 67% more Compute Units than the current PS5 console and 28% faster memory. Overall, this enables up to 45% faster rendering for gameplay, making the experience much smoother.
  • Advanced Ray Tracing: We've added even more powerful ray tracing that provides more dynamic reflection and refraction of light. This allows the rays to be cast at double, and at times triple, the speeds of the current PS5 console.
  • AI-Driven Upscaling: We're also introducing PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, an AI-driven upscaling that uses a machine learning-based technology to provide super sharp image clarity by adding an extraordinary amount of detail.

Would like to see a teardown as it doesn't look any bigger than the the slim but yea Euro land got the worst of it. 800 euros + Disc drive + stand. :smh:
I'm all for them going hard on the pro model since that's the niche model but the fact that the current model hasn't got a price drop doesn't help.

I know things are bad right now in the world with recession fears and some currencies performing worse but Sony not trying to subsidise none of the cost.

Guess its just business but not looking good for the future. This has to be the gen with the most price increases ever.

So basically $855 for the Pro w/the disc drive after taxes...FOH Sony

I missed it. $700 w/o the disc? Crap

The new Series X with only a 2TB HD is going to be $600.

Gamers aren’t going to be ready for XboxNext and PS6. Systems are gonna be 1k+ in 2028-2029 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom