The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

[h1]Uncharted Dual Pack Confirmed for U.S. Launch[/h1][h2]Get reacquainted with Nathan Drake.[/h2][h2]August 31, 2011[/h2]

Today, Sony announced that the Uncharted Greatest Hits Dual Pack, which Sony Europe previously revealed earlier this year, will launch in the United States on September 6th for $39.99. The pack includes the greatest hits editions of both Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

The Dual Pack boasts a "super voucher" which contains all the downloadable content from Uncharted 2 Game of the Year Edition, along with two DLC items for Uncharted 3: a Nathan Drake PlayStation Network avatar and an Uncharted 3 dynamic theme. 

Uncharted 3 launches in the United States on November 1st.

[h1]How Long is Battlefield 3's Single-Player Campaign?[/h1][h2]It's slightly longer than MW2's, according to lead designer David Goldfarb.[/h2][h2]August 31, 2011[/h2]

David Goldfarb, lead designer of Battlefield 3 has been talking about the game's single-player campaign, and facing questions on the shooter's length. 

VG247 interviewer said that he had spent six hours playing through 2009's Modern Warfare 2's single-player campaign, and asked if Battlefield 3 would be longer. Goldfarb replied, "I'd say it was probably slightly more than that. Based on our play-times it's probably more than that, but it's not twice as long. But, again, we'll see. When you play it on hard difficulty, it'll take a lot more time. It's all about making sure the experience is as awesome as possible. I'd rather have six hours of awesome than 12 hours of 'meh'." 

He added that the company was aware that some players would want to go back and play the single-player campaign, rather than just playing multiplayer. "I think we have some pretty cool achievements that people will want to go back and get," he said. "It's not like an RPG in that way, but we have tried to incentivize people to come back and play on different difficulties, and so on." 

Goldfarb also addressed the game's story-mode, and the political situations it would cover. Battlefield 3 is set in a modern-day Middle East combat setting, but developer DICE and publisher EA say they want to avoid "demonizing" any population groups. 

He said, "It's not about religions, or populations of people and it's not about countries. It is fiction, and…we have to be very cautious about what it suggests because people will take it in a certain way. We're really trying to make it feel real, but at the same time we have an obligation to not demonize people or places, and I think that's something that's really important to us."
How about an "Awesome" 12 hour campaign? 
indifferent.gif

[h1]How Long is Battlefield 3's Single-Player Campaign?[/h1][h2]It's slightly longer than MW2's, according to lead designer David Goldfarb.[/h2][h2]August 31, 2011[/h2]

David Goldfarb, lead designer of Battlefield 3 has been talking about the game's single-player campaign, and facing questions on the shooter's length. 

VG247 interviewer said that he had spent six hours playing through 2009's Modern Warfare 2's single-player campaign, and asked if Battlefield 3 would be longer. Goldfarb replied, "I'd say it was probably slightly more than that. Based on our play-times it's probably more than that, but it's not twice as long. But, again, we'll see. When you play it on hard difficulty, it'll take a lot more time. It's all about making sure the experience is as awesome as possible. I'd rather have six hours of awesome than 12 hours of 'meh'." 

He added that the company was aware that some players would want to go back and play the single-player campaign, rather than just playing multiplayer. "I think we have some pretty cool achievements that people will want to go back and get," he said. "It's not like an RPG in that way, but we have tried to incentivize people to come back and play on different difficulties, and so on." 

Goldfarb also addressed the game's story-mode, and the political situations it would cover. Battlefield 3 is set in a modern-day Middle East combat setting, but developer DICE and publisher EA say they want to avoid "demonizing" any population groups. 

He said, "It's not about religions, or populations of people and it's not about countries. It is fiction, and…we have to be very cautious about what it suggests because people will take it in a certain way. We're really trying to make it feel real, but at the same time we have an obligation to not demonize people or places, and I think that's something that's really important to us."
How about an "Awesome" 12 hour campaign? 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

^ Glorious.

Anybody rolling to COD XP? Ill go if I can get some other kats to roll.

I was going to go if I could get in free through industry credentials/favors but I'm not paying $150 to see Kayne and play paintball with random dudes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

^ Glorious.

Anybody rolling to COD XP? Ill go if I can get some other kats to roll.

I was going to go if I could get in free through industry credentials/favors but I'm not paying $150 to see Kayne and play paintball with random dudes.
laugh.gif

You guys should go to CoD XP. Post Pics & we'd have our own NT insiders
laugh.gif

U guys better make up ur mind fast though it starts in a couple days

You guys should go to CoD XP. Post Pics & we'd have our own NT insiders
laugh.gif

U guys better make up ur mind fast though it starts in a couple days

I'm anxiously awaiting that MW3 MP trailer! Who knows what we will see?
pimp.gif

Also, 16 vs 16?
eek.gif

Let's see if the connection will hold up an entire match!
laugh.gif

PO

I'm anxiously awaiting that MW3 MP trailer! Who knows what we will see?
pimp.gif

Also, 16 vs 16?
eek.gif

Let's see if the connection will hold up an entire match!
laugh.gif

PO

Back
Top Bottom