The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Never played a Tales Game. I still have Tales of Graces F sitting deep in the backlog but Tales of Xillia is looking good

Kiefer Sutherland is Solid Snake!? Whoa...

From Polygon:

Kiefer Sutherland is Snake's new voice actor in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Actor Kiefer Sutherland will take on the role of Snake in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, Konami confirmed today, with Sutherland performing voice and facial capture for the character, who will be 49 years old in the forthcoming sequel.

"The themes are a little different from previous games in the series," Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima said of Sutherland's casting. "We're taking on some heavy subjects, like race and revenge. As a result, I wanted Snake to have a more subdued performance expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice, rather than words."

The Phantom Pain takes place in 1984, Kojima said, and the developer wanted an actor who could "genuinely convey" Snake as he would look and sound in his late 40s.

"It's different from anything we've done before," Kojima said, explaining that he turned to producer Avi Arad for assistance, who referred him to Sutherland. "I felt that he was the perfect fit, in terms of age and performance," Kojima added.

"It's an honor to be able to play this character," Sutherland said. "[Snake] has an unbelievable legacy. I'm not a gamer and I even knew about this game. I was certainly keenly aware of the legacy of [Metal Gear] and the success of these games."

Sutherland will replace longtime Snake and Big Boss voice actor David Hayter, who says he was not asked to reprise his role in Metal Gear Solid 5. Sutherland's video game résumé includes the roles of Sgt. Roebuck in Call of Duty: World at War and Jack Bauer in 24: The Game.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is planned for release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

Last edited:
Never played a Tales Game. I still have Tales of Graces F sitting deep in the backlog but Tales of Xillia is looking good

Tales of Graces f is a solid RPG. I enjoyed it, and the title system of leveling is pretty cool.

Excited for Xillia, as it looks like an improvement in story and voice acting.

Last edited:
Ill just leave this here

Dam, someone on the PSU forums has Last Of Us already. Lucky bastard. About to go make a few calls and see if they have it anywhere in NY.

So I know this isnt the place for it, but I figured Id get the best answers here.

Recently picked-up an Android powered tablet just for short trips when lugging my laptop is a pain.

Im not familiar with mobile games at all, but saw a couple Final Fantasy games I was unaware even existed... FF Dimensions and Chaos Rings. Are either worth getting?

I remember saying that my body was ready for this game, but now I don't think i can handle a game of this magnitude. :lol:

Yea I just did some loose research and apparently Microsoft has funded a few of their projects (documentaries, ect).

yep, polygon will always be tied to microsoft $750,000

didnt think anyone would bring it up, but if you ask me, polygon + gamespot + forbes reviews are not a coincidence

damage control starting early
glasses.gif

I heard people were posting TLUO spoilers in the gamespot chat for the Konami pre E3 show, so be weary of E3 stream chats next week.

yep, polygon will always be tied to microsoft $750,000

didnt think anyone would bring it up, but if you ask me, polygon + gamespot + forbes reviews are not a coincidence

damage control starting early 8)

Read about that earlier. It's pathetic but they are getting paid. Still picking it up.

Dragon’s Dogma Quest Announced For PS Vita
That’s right. Dragon’s Dogma is coming to Vita.
by Colin Moriarty JUNE 6, 2013

Today, Capcom revealed that its popular Dragon’s Dogma IP is coming to PlayStation Vita. The new game is called Dragon’s Dogma Quest, and it will come exclusively to Sony’s handheld later in 2013… at least in Japan.

Now, here’s the thing: Dragon’s Dogma Quest is free-to-play, and it features 150 job classes and a mixture of old, familiar enemies and all new beasts and monsters for you to deal with. Familiar characters, like Julian and Mercedes, will make their return, along with new characters named Lota and Olivia.

In a statement given to IGN, a Capcom representative said: "At present Dragon’s Dogma Quest is only confirmed for release in Japan and we are currently evaluating if the title will be released in pan-western markets." We'll keep our fingers crossed for a western release in the meantime.

Its deep, man. I consider myself an above-average RPG player and I was having to Google a bunch of things in terms of equipment, skills, pawns, ect.

It isnt a turn-based RPG, no. Its real-time with full control of your character. Some of the larger enemies you actually have to climb while attacking.

Its got a pretty steep learning curve and doesnt hold your hand. If you are fine with that, then absolutely. Its large. I played 6-7 hours so far and have barely done anything.

Its not Demon/Dark Souls, but its closer to them then your average RPG.

^Cool, thanks. Will try this out. I'll pick it up along with TLOU. Can't be worth more than $25.

They just released a version called Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen which adds an entire new area that is playable later in the game (level 45-60) and still includes all the original content. I picked it up for $30. The original version is probably going for $20-25

Back
Top Bottom