The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by Proshares

Just need that damn perfect freeflow trophy to plat Batman.
Concentrate on building combos for the special takedowns. With those out the way everything will be a breeze.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Update 4.0 is available.

Something to do with group chats and PSVita connectivity...

[h1]New PS3 Firmware Prepares for Vita[/h1][h2]Firmware 4.00 makes the console a "content management device."[/h2][h2]November 29, 2011[/h2]

With the Japanese release date for PlayStation Vita less than a month away, Sony's rolled out Firmware 4.00 for the PlayStation 3. Over on the PlayStation Blog, Senior VP of Sony Network Entertainment Eric Lempel describes the update as a fix that turns the PS3 into "a content management device." 

"It will allow users to copy their digital content such as games, music, photos, and videos between PS Vita and PS3, back up PS Vita game games including save data to your PS3 hard drive, and update the system software for your PS Vita system using the network features of your PS3," Lempel wrote. 

Other additions via Firmware 4.00 include PlayStation Plus benefits. Subscribers can members can now enable and disable the following individual automatic updates: 

• Game patches 
    System software 
    Recommended games and videos 
    Sync trophy information 
    New PlayStation Network settings for filtering friend requests and messages

Originally Posted by OmarsOK

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

disgayas looking forward to smashing his bros.

sick.gif
 if u talkin bout who i think u talkin bout....just leave it alone bob.  hes good people.  i just be makin fun of his southern accent
ANYWAYS.....

question

ANYONE OWN PS3 OFFICIAL HEADSET?

when using it can u still route the ps3 output sound through your stereo so people in the room can hear the game/chat convos?? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

thinkin bout coppin the ps3 wireless headset but want others to hear my gameplay (more specifically my trash talk via the headset
glasses.gif
)

Yes. Just set the output to TV instead of headset on the audio options. 

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by PO2345

Originally Posted by Proshares

Just need that damn perfect freeflow trophy to plat Batman.
Any tips on how to find all the Riddler trophies?
I found like 88 through the original playthrough, but I don't know how to pick-up where I left off & find the rest.
Thanks.

PO
I used this guide

http://www.gamesradar.com...kham-city-riddler-guide/

Best guide for everything except the physical challenges.  I used the one on ps3trophies for that one, here's the link: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ba...ical-challenges-100-complete-video-guide.html

What I found really helpful before using the games radar guide was finding all the thugs in green so I'd get the riddler trophies/riddles locations on my map.  Then I went to radar guide and just checked the ones I knew I was missing.

Originally Posted by KOD843

Originally Posted by KOD843

My PS3 has stopped reading games and blu rays. It still reads DVD's and CD's though. Anyone else experience this problem before? All the lights appear to be normal.

sounds like ur blue ray lens is givin out.....do u smoke around your ps3?  ive heard that there are two different laser lenses in these beasts.  one laser for blu the other for dvd's. i spoke with a sony rep one time and they said the blu lens are extra sensitive so stuff like smoke and dust affect it more easily....

your options are two IMO

1) pay to get it fixed

or

2) what i would do

sell the one u got to a friend for cheap (tell them the blu ray lens is on the fritz obviously)

then put that $ towards one of the bonkers ps3 deal goin down this black friday

g'luck (even tho u a laker fan
sick.gif
)

oh and next system do what i do (if u smoke) and cop a 10 ft plus length HDMI and leave ur p3 in another room so u can puff puff pass and play w/o worryin about your system catchin a contact
laugh.gif

Appreciate the help man. No I don't smoke at all and I keep it away from dust for the most part. Ugh, this is the wrong time of year for me to have to pay to get it fixed. Funny thing is I'm just about to buy my son one for Xmas so I can't get me a new one right now...
ohwell.gif
try craigslist man..should be a local ps3 fixer in your area..they usually come fix it with a warranty as well. really cheap same day service etc

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Stop talking about Fallout 3, no one cares.

laugh.gif

sorry dont post just for you famb. i post for those w/ similar interests and even those who simply lurk on NT and don't even have a SN

there are folks who care about the game and when you say 'no one' you're automatically referring to yourself as well as others who share the same opinion as you....don't call yourself a 'no one'....i thought you had more confidence than that
wink.gif

anyways todd howard gives some fantastic interviews.....this youtube clip is from the DVD included in the fallout 3 collector's edition (the only video game collector's edition i would ever consider coppin).

this here is part 1 of 4. IF you are in any way interested in video game design, acting, sound engineering etc then you need to peep these. learn from the guys who made a video game that will never be dethroned
pimp.gif

and last but certainly not least come to find out the fallout series is based off of a movie A Boy and His Dog (starring a young Don Johnson believe it or not & he absolutely killed it). The movie however was based off a novel which was based off some other piece of work....anyways A Boy and His Dog is on Netflix and Youtube. i'd post it here but it's rated R (and not without good reason, it's very dark and horrifically satiric). the movie takes risks i'm sure hollywood would never go for these days. it's not just a cult classic, it's an all-time movie classic straight up. iwon't spoil the suprises but i will say this, the movie took a turn me and the people i was with did not see comming at all....but we overstood and enjoyed all of it....you should enjoy it too
glasses.gif

Hai Gaia...I'm new to the ps3 world so I have a few noob questions.

1. When browsing the web does this support browserls like google chrome or firefox?
2. Does this support flashplayer?

I want to watch a few shows on hbo go that I don't want to watch on my laptop but apparently I need flash and a different browser.

Thank you all.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via gameinformer

Rumor: The Last Guardian Creator Fumito Ueda Leaves Sony
LastGuardianTGS610.jpg

Fumito Ueda, creator of ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and the still-unreleased The Last Guardian, has reportedly left Sony.

According to sources speaking to Eurogamer, Ueda is currently finishing The Last Guardian in a freelance capacity. The unconfirmed report cites Ueda's exit as one of the reasons the game continues to remain unfinished. It says Ueda will begin work on "person projects" once The Last Guardian is complete.

The long-awaited PlayStation 3 exclusive was originally scheduled to ship this holiday, but Sony delayed the title until 2012.

A Sony spokesperson told Game Informer the company does not comment on rumor or speculation.

Hopefully it's false. I'm really looking forward to this game.

No, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He better finish that game.

MGS Rising and The Last Guardian are the only 2 games I want next year.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via gameinformer

Rumor: The Last Guardian Creator Fumito Ueda Leaves Sony

Fumito Ueda, has reportedly left Sony.

Ueda is currently finishing The Last Guardian in a freelance capacity.

sorry guise but this doesn't sound good at all...sounds like bad blood. this is prolly why we haven't heard anything about the damn game

i wanted to rent this at red box too
laugh.gif

anyways at least we still got JOURNEY comming from THATGAMECOMPANY next year.

watch Ueda finish the game then hand it over to microsoft for the crap box 360
sick.gif

�

Stop talking about Fallout 3, no one cares.

laugh.gif

sorry dont post just for you famb.� i post for those w/ similar interests and even those who simply lurk on NT and don't even have a SN

there are folks who care about the game and when you say 'no one' you're automatically referring to yourself as well as others who share the same opinion as you....don't call yourself a 'no one'....i thought you had more confidence than that
wink.gif

anyways todd howard gives some fantastic interviews.....this youtube clip is from the DVD included in the fallout 3 collector's edition (the only video game collector's edition i would ever consider coppin).

this here is part 1 of 4.� IF you are in any way interested in video game design, acting, sound engineering etc then you need to peep these.��� learn from the guys who made a video game that will never be dethroned
pimp.gif

Bethesda makes buggy $$* %+%+. I don't like their development style
grin.gif

There a lot better "making of" documentaries that would serve you better if you're looking to get into the industry.

Originally Posted by goDie

Hai Gaia...I'm new to the ps3 world so I have a few noob questions.

1. When browsing the web does this support browserls like google chrome or firefox?
2. Does this support flashplayer?

I want to watch a few shows on hbo go that I don't want to watch on my laptop but apparently I need flash and a different browser.

Thank you all.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
so you were able to get that black friday ps3 bundle you've been looking for? 

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

�

Bethesda makes buggy $$* %+%+. I don't like their development style
grin.gif

There a lot better "making of" documentaries that would serve you better if you're looking to get into the industry.

lol i was born in the gatdamn gutter....u think some lil bugs bother me?  
pimp.gif

as for making of vids whatever .....the ones i posted are for merely for inspiration not direct instruction or 'how to'

IMO tho bethesda made the greatest video game ever in fallout three...i would be proud to show the Creator and all of it's angels this game....and how the human spirit is all about challenging adversity.....about making the best of a bad situation.....your development team and all of your competitors development team and anyone else will never make a game greater than fo3. sorry.

picked up the $199 PS3 bundle from gamestop (had $185 store credit there) and man it makes the weirdest noise while reading games. sounds very similar to a printer, just like this video:

after doing some research it seems normal (already talked to the district manager of GameStop and let me exchange for another brand new 160GB slim and still making that same noise). anyone have any thoughts? wish i would've went with the 360 instead
tired.gif

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

after doing some research it seems normal (already talked to the district manager of GameStop and let me exchange for another brand new 160GB slim and still making that same noise). anyone have any thoughts? wish i would've went with the 360 instead
tired.gif
Never had an issue with either my OG PS3 or my Slim.
I cant imagine it being louder than my Elite 360. Sounds like a damn airplane revving. 

on sd and cag they were saying something about that noise being on only these 199 bundles a lot of people are complaining about it

Trophy Hunters,
Just platinum-ed X-Men: Destiny. Very easy game to platinum.

Got it for cheap and it is fairly new (victim of the strong fall). The story is okay, the gameplay is very repetitive, but the mechanics work. Takes about 8 hours to beat finding the collectibles. However, the game does not require you to find all of them, just a majority. A second playthrough isn't completely necessary if you do the first on normal, an X-Treme mission select to the final boss, then do a playthrough on easy selecting the opposite storyline. (Brotherhood or X-Men). 

Total time was about 14 hours. 

Trophy Hunters,
Just platinum-ed X-Men: Destiny. Very easy game to platinum.

Got it for cheap and it is fairly new (victim of the strong fall). The story is okay, the gameplay is very repetitive, but the mechanics work. Takes about 8 hours to beat finding the collectibles. However, the game does not require you to find all of them, just a majority. A second playthrough isn't completely necessary if you do the first on normal, an X-Treme mission select to the final boss, then do a playthrough on easy selecting the opposite storyline. (Brotherhood or X-Men). 

Total time was about 14 hours. 
How cheap?
Im waiting for Ebgames 12 days of christmas sale before i start trophy hunting again

Been a lot of talk about lag in MW3. While I play on 360 I've been reading both threads and there's a lot of complaining. I think a lot of people don't understand how lag compensation works or how games are processing lag in general.  I could go on for hours about the process but I remembered about a paper I wrote some years ago about network protocols in FPS games. While it's somewhat only indirectly relevant to MW3 it still can give you a general overview of how items are processed and interpolated within the gamespace.

This will hopefully make a little more sense when you look at kill cam replays and say to yourself:

"How did he kill me when I ran behind a wall?!?!!?"

Then you watch the kill cam and he's shooting and killing you before you even attempted to move behind the wall.

Now you're saying to yourself: "I know I moved behind that @*@+%+@ wall and there's no way he could have hit me, this game is BULL #!%% !"

FYI this paper is part of a semi-technical paper so there's not going to be cliffs and I DGAF about your TL;DR. Also when I refer to latency that is considered a ROUND TRIP from client to server. PING described here is ONE WAY to the server and not round trip.

Spoiler [+]
ClientServer Model in FPS Games:

Example: Counter Strike Source​
 ​

icivco.jpg
 ​
A game server is a dedicated host that runs the game and is authoritativeabout world simulation, game rules, and player input processing. A client is aplayer's computer connected to a game server. The client and server communicatewith each other by sending small data packets at a high frequency. Usually thisis 20 to 30 packets per second. A client receives the current world state fromthe server and generates video and audio output based on these updates. Theclient also samples data from input devices (keyboard/mouse/microphone) andsends these input samples back to the server for processing. Clients onlycommunicate with the game server and not between each other.

Network bandwidth is limited, so the server can't send a new update packetto all clients for every single world change. Instead, the server takessnapshots of the current world state at a constant rate and broadcasts thesesnapshots to the clients. These broadcasts which consist of: applying incominguser commands, running a physical simulation step, checking the game rules, andupdating all object states are called “tickratesâ€

^ A little technical, but I think I got the gist of it. Thanks for posting.
Supreme, I got it for 29.99. What is the 12 days of Christmas promo?

Back
Top Bottom