**The Official Pick-up Post for 2008!**

I am sorry but as much as fixies are getting more popular (and I know to the dedicated, they will say they've always been around), I still don't getthe culture of it and/ or the facination. I guess I look at it from a skateboarding point of view but the tricks that I see people do at the Island in San Franjust look so stupid, let alone the get up that they are wearing doing it. I give it up to the BMXers if anything, but riding your bike backwards in a circle isnot a cool trick and wheelies are kind of no big deal. And no hate to fixie heads nor Stunt but I've always felt like this ever since I heard what a fixieis and the whole MASH limelight that seemed to effect SF in a major way. Maybe I just don't know anybetter....

the only bmx'ers that use fixed gear only use it on a 2nd bike to mess around with(and no one takes/uses it seriously).the new trend for street riding isthe freecoaster.

Originally Posted by T21D

Originally Posted by Stuntastic kicks

Bike is complete, but the bottom bracket is still messed up.
You said it was a Shimano, you know better than toss that piece of crap out. Unless it's one of the current Dura Ace models. But I know you're probablly using the old stuff,out the trash it goes. Why don't you look for a used Campy, those Italians know their bikes.
Ive never had a problem with a Shimano BB. neither have my friends, who still use them. I have a Campy BB on my Cannondale. The Pake was just a quickbike after my hit last year. And now supposed to be my winter bike. I have more of a problem with Shimano 105 Road Cranks. Im guessing it might add to theproblem... I have them on both of my bikes, since 1) was the only option at the time. 2) It came with a frame I bought. Im planning on switching the cranksfrom my Cannondale, to Sugino 75s. Unless I get my black bike fixed right, then I wont be doing that for another year or 3. Since Im moving anyways. As far asthe trend for fixed gears... Once you get on one, ride around a city for a while, go fast, youll understand why most people like fixed gear bikes. I donttrick, I would like to be able to land few flat land skid tricks, but as far as other flat land tricks go, I could really care less. Just riding fast throughtraffic is all that matters to me. Plus building up bikes too. If anyone here wants a 58cm(squared) Gitane track frame, holller back son...

6yulu2g.jpg

^ Nice Jim, I could've just gave you mine.........a couple new jackets for me:

Addict...

Dunderdon...

Haha...also the kitchen table they're layed on is a new pick-up for the house.

Peace.

Cris.

^^^^CRIS, you still in Daily City? Been kind of out of NT cause of my new position at work that actually requires me to do work rather then surf NT. Haha!Props on the house dude. Since the market is all messed up, buying a house is a lot better then it used to be........

Word Fong........still close, in SSF now, like 5 min away from where I stayed at.

Cris.

Originally Posted by PremiumDunk

Originally Posted by r00r84

Originally Posted by nickthesneakerkid

picked this stuff up yesterday. my first 360 broke down so i went and got a new one, plus a few movies. http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/nickmoore23/?action=view&current=DSC_0003.jpg

you could of gotten your first one fixed for free. they extended all warranties
if my xbox broke then i bought a brand new one and someone told me so@*#% like that i would be Pissed.
the only part of the warranty that is extended is if you get the flashing red lights. i didnt have that problem. it was something else

Back
Top Bottom