The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t imagine a worse coaching position to be in.
Not worse but

merlin_190118286_e5521aa6-49d6-479b-aa4e-802a6dde9b2f-articleLarge.jpg

Soon

I thought Silas was doing what he's supposed to
He his, but in these type of situations he’s the “coach before the coach” …They’ll bring in a bigger name or somebody with more experience in 2 seasons when they decide to pivot to trying make the playoffs all of a sudden and need a “tough” coach for the players

Definitely not getting fired this season tho unless it’s like a 30 game losing streak or something :lol:

He his, but in these type of situations he’s the “coach before the coach” …They’ll bring in a bigger name or somebody with more experience in 2 seasons when they decide to pivot to trying make the playoffs all of a sudden and need a “tough” coach for the players

Definitely not getting fired this season tho unless it’s like a 30 game losing streak or something :lol:
1/3 of the way there.

Good Regular season team. Not a big enough sample size to guage how well they do will do in the post season. Last year was their first time in the post season in almost a decade.

This. The team is young as hell. Not sure what fans are expecting. Could the players do a bit better? Yeah, but again, young team.

while true, other than CP3, all their core players are 25 and under and can only get better. I hope they make some noise this year

Silas is job is what Brett Browns job was during the process years. Don’t worry about losing, just keep the team together, don’t lost the locker room and develop the talent.

This is what I thought Mike Malone would be... he soldiers on...

This is what I thought Mike Malone would be... he soldiers on...

I think the situations are a little different. Malone took over as head coached after they won like 30 games then in since Year 3 they've been at 50+ win pace with no signs of slowing down. I think in the situation frsh described, Silas never gets them to the 50+ win pace so that's why he gets the boot.

Christ. I just watched the Trae highlights, he looked like a cheat code tonight. Especially his speed, dude was playing on a diff surface than everyone else. Good to see him byke without even needing FT's

I think the situations are a little different. Malone took over as head coached after they won like 30 games then in since Year 3 they've been at 50+ win pace with no signs of slowing down. I think in the situation frsh described, Silas never gets them to the 50+ win pace so that's why he gets the boot.
True. I'm just saying "coach before the coach", we have seen many situations where the coach- even with regular season success- gets canned for someone new who can "get to the next level"

It's kind of uncommon for the coach who been with the core for a while to stay the whole time to a title. Seen a lot of instances where the title team has a coach who came like 2-3 years previous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom