The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To this day I have no idea why people thought a team with Year 19 Bron, Always Disabled and Rust would win 60-70 games. Let alone make it through the West to the Finals.

It just goes to show you who is a homer, who just knows the big names and who ACTUALLY watches the games and understands the game

Meh. Had a good chance of happening in 21 before the injuries to AD and Myrie in the playoffs.

Worst current franchise: Kings, Wizards, or Magic?
Kings. So many botched first round picks. Stauskas..? Just traded their best young talent (Haliburton) to try to "win now", didn't win.

Magic got some nice young talent at least: Franz, Fultz, Wendell Carter, if Jon Isaac ever returns in addition to the top pick this year, that could be a nice young core.

Wizards got rid of Russ Westbrooks contract and Bertans contract, those are Ws to me

With Kawhi’s injury history, I’d be cautious about building a big 3.

You need to manage his minutes and games, and when he sits you don’t want to just punt games so you need depth. You obviously tighten the rotation in the playoffs, but you gotta get there first.

You trade that depth for a star, if that guy or PG goes down then Kawhi will be forced to do some heavy lifting in the regular season. Or you just continue to manage him :lol: then you end up in the play in & if you make it out then you draw the Warriors or somebody really good in the first round.

But I definitely get the appeal of acquiring Kyrie.

I mean he doesn’t come without risk and baggage and I’m not sure that if I were Lac that I would do it either but

1) I think the clippers will still have solid depth in a an eventual Kyrie trade.

2) I think the Clippers are the favorites out west next year right now, but there’s no sizeable gap between them and the field. They could very well lose in the first round. Kyrie would in theory further insulate them from that

3) over his last 80+ games he’s at 27/6/5 on 49/41/91. You may not be able to pass THAT up if Morris / Kennard / Jackson is what can get the deal done. The best version of the Clippers saw Reggie Jackson be a pseudo Kyrie. That’s the dynamic that they don’t have

Gun to My head id probably do it and not feel good about it

I don't think the clippers are as deep as people think. Guys like Reggie/luke/batum/Morris pretty much used up whatever juice they had left. They'd be good to get out of those deals but doubt kyrie is the answer

Land something like this and I'm calling it.
1e31493d-3a2a-4564-aba8-1c466da9ebc0_text.gif

I don't think the clippers are as deep as people think. Guys like Reggie/luke/batum/Morris pretty much used up whatever juice they had left. They'd be good to get out of those deals but doubt kyrie is the answer

Used up their juice? Based on what? They won 42 games with that group.

My exact thoughts. The guy is talented as hell, but he’s a headcase. Might not be a team cancer in terms of clashing with teammates. But there’s always some type of nonsense with him. And you can’t rely on him to play consistently. He gets hurt a lot, you don’t know if he’ll get in his feelings about something and go mia for a few games at some point.

Availability definitely a big problem for Kyrie.

I mean....I probably wouldn't want to pay him $30M+ a year either. And I think he's a good player.

Is one of the teams with cap space really going to want to do that? I'd tell him to go get an offer sheet and be willing to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom