The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
The side by side between the XI's and XII's make it look like the XI's are ever so slightly longer than the XII's. If these ever release I may pick up 2 different sizes and send back the one that doesn't fit.
It's just because the XI's are thicker, XII's are much bigger as far as fit goes.  

I'm curious to see how these will sell upon release. I think it's gonna be hard to top the shoes released during the Miami era 

So I just noticed on my WTL XI it says LRJ...these 12s have LRJ on the tag...am I missing something did I not get the memo on lebrons name change lol? I thought that was one of the reasons the 12s got recalled

shoes dont look like they fit snug on his foot. i can see these sliding off his heel on a hard drive.

Welp.

At least he's wearing the XIIs this time, even if no one else will for another 2 months.
laugh.gif

They are stalling on this iD.
Don't know why it's stalled to, with the lag in build time turnaround

Those are some very unflattering pics up there.

If this shoe feels as cheap as the XI, I'm gonna end up skipping these all together as well.

Sorry for the double post but some possible new colorways? This IG page tends to be correct about what releases are coming so here you go...enjoy.
View media item 1221909

Those are probably variant XII's :nerd:

It looks like they threw China IX, Xmas X and a Laker-ish color on them :rolleyes

I mean the Xmas XII already surfaced :x I doubt we're getting another colorway similar to the theme :smh:

They tried though :lol:

Last edited:
Well 2nd night of hoops and 1 eyelet completely dismantled....

The big plastic "O" that is glued in place to hold the inner piece just broke and fell right off, and the inner piece (shown in the picture) came out as well. 

For comparison, this is what the others look like, fully intact.  

Clearly my pair was an "initial release" pair.  

The big plastic "O" that is glued in place to hold the inner piece just broke and fell right off, and the inner piece (shown in the picture) came out as well. 

well that makes sense why the recalled them.. or else they would have probably gotten a ton of returns!

Those are some very unflattering pics up there.

If this shoe feels as cheap as the XI, I'm gonna end up skipping these all together as well.
Wow I've never heard that complaint of the XI before. I know there were some things people didn't love about the shoe but I thought 1 of the main positives is that it was a very sturdy well built shoe. None of my pairs show hardly any sign of wear. Sorry I know this is not the XI thread but that comment just surprised me. Lol

View media item 1222136
View media item 1222137

Can you take some pics of what the eyelet hole looks like without the piece that broke off? It really doesn't look like that piece being missing would alter the functionality all that much...Then again if it's exposing some rough edges and such maybe it will cause the laces to wear and break...

Wow I've never heard that complaint of the XI before. I know there were some things people didn't love about the shoe but I thought 1 of the main positives is that it was a very sturdy well built shoe. None of my pairs show hardly any sign of wear. Sorry I know this is not the XI thread but that comment just surprised me. Lol

It really depends on how long you've been following the LBJ line up - the shoes originally had full leather and were 'bulky' yet highly durable shoes. VII and VIII V1 had moderate plastic with bits of leather but everything since then has been plastic/mesh. FWIW, I wasn't a fan of the synthetic only VIII V2 - X but the overall build was quite solid.

The XI on the other hand looks solid (in pictures) but has this overall cheap feel to it which is unworthy of it's $200+ price tag. (I did get my pair for a serious discount so I am fine with what I paid for it, but they are simply not worth full MSRP). Again this is a frame of reference and you really ought to have owned older pairs to come to this conclusion.

The XII not only looks cheap in pictures but it also looks like the predecessor to the XI. I think after 6 models, it's time for Nike to get a new designer to come to the LBJ line.

JPs first designs were great. The XI looked good, didn't feel good. The X I felt had a lot of potential for awesome color blocking and schemes but didn't really happen, the elites were nice though so that was kinda like compensating for a bland release of regular Xs.

The XIIs visually don't do much for me, but the feel sounds like it is amazing. Wish I could try a pair on somewhere as it appears we won't be getting a release anytime in the next month, but I agree that visually the XII underwhelms...

It really depends on how long you've been following the LBJ line up - the shoes originally had full leather and were 'bulky' yet highly durable shoes. VII and VIII V1 had moderate plastic with bits of leather but everything since then has been plastic/mesh. FWIW, I wasn't a fan of the synthetic only VIII V2 - X but the overall build was quite solid.

The XI on the other hand looks solid (in pictures) but has this overall cheap feel to it which is unworthy of it's $200+ price tag. (I did get my pair for a serious discount so I am fine with what I paid for it, but they are simply not worth full MSRP). Again this is a frame of reference and you really ought to have owned older pairs to come to this conclusion.

The XII not only looks cheap in pictures but it also looks like the predecessor to the XI. I think after 6 models, it's time for Nike to get a new designer to come to the LBJ line.
Well I've been riding with the LeBron line since the 4 (imo that model is very underrated, it's one of my top 3 favorite LeBrons) but I guess it's just a matter of opinion because nothing about the XI feels "cheap" to me. Are any of the shoes Nike makes truly worth $200 & up is a whole other discussion. Lol

Back
Top Bottom