The Official Nike LeBron XII Thread- "July 4th/USA" & "King's Cloak/Red Paisley" 06/27/15

What is your favorite LeBron XII release?

• NSRL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HOAL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dunk Force

• Instinct

• Six Meridians

• Data

• Christmas

• Trillion Dollar Man

• 23 Chromosomes

• BHM

• Court Vision

• All-Star/Flatiron

• Double Helix

• What If?

• Flight

• CLE

• Wheat

• Lows

• Elites

• NSW

• Total voters
So how about I walk into my local fta to try an stock locate the asgs. I show him the price that they dropped to 130 and was going to buy until he tells me he can't price match and use my rewards on the purchase that it's either or, yet I did the same at ftl.... :smh: :smh:

Man that makes no sense since the price should be the same anyways.

Man that makes no sense since the price should be the same anyways.
yea it should. I wonder if he just LOOKED at the price or actually rung it up to see what it was. They`re all the same company. Rarely do you see things at one store and the price isnt the same at another.

They gave me the runaround and said its a "quickstrike" shoe that's why I won't be able to use my rewards.

Its not just you. In low light they look totally different

sneaker store lighting does not do the 12s justice imo 

Absolutely. Easters look beautiful in the daylight-especially in the summertime. I wore mine to Epcot/Universal studios a few weeks ago on an Orlando trip and I saw a ton of people checking them out and even got compliments from 2 separate people over the course of the weekend.

They gave me the runaround and said its a "quickstrike" shoe that's why I won't be able to use my rewards.
seriously?
I promise..........Folks in the stores act like the merchandise is theirs to sell.

BUT, After thinking about it, it makes sense that you cant do both since they have to manually change the price of the shoe. VIP really is just a coupon and does state that it cant be used in conjunction with any other offer. "Price matching" is considered another "offer".

I hope you hit him with the westbrook face...cause its a quickstrike he says 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
seriously?
I promise..........Folks in the stores act like the merchandise is theirs to sell.

BUT, After thinking about it, it makes sense that you cant do both since they have to manually change the price of the shoe. VIP really is just a coupon and does state that it cant be used in conjunction with any other offer. "Price matching" is considered another "offer".
Why is it considered an offer? The price was meant to be lowered across all stores. They aren't doing you a favor by price matching.

^^^ thats what I was thinking... a permanent markdown isn't an offer, well at least the way I understand it

Why is it considered an offer? The price was meant to be lowered across all stores. They aren't doing you a favor by price matching.
Again, if they actually RANG up the shoe, the price may have been lowered, thats why i asked what they did to determine the price.

How are they not doing you a favor by price matching?

Think about it.

The only time you would ever price match is if the store you originally went to doesn't have the size you`re looking for, right? So why would they FIRST lower the price to match the other store THEN allow you to use a coupon to get it even cheaper?

At that point, they already know you don't have a choice but to either pay the regular price and use your coupon OR price match to get a lower price because the other place doesnt have the size you need anyway, they do.

They hold all the leverage in this instance.

Goes back to what i was saying. If the price should have changed across all Footlocker stores, then they just TOLD you how much they were and didnt ring it up. thats NOT what price matching is. price matching is when the price rings up one thing but you alert them to the price being different at another location and match that price and manually change it.

Last edited:
Omw to another fta. Spoke to the manager, said he'll give it a try so hoping it lets him input the rewards.

Either way bro I did the exact same thing for my datas. Went into my local ftl, they didn't have the datas at all in stock, told them my size and that I wanted to stock locate them and they let me price match also use my vip rewards.

Either way bro I did the exact same thing for my datas. Went into my local ftl, they didn't have the datas at all in stock, told them my size and that I wanted to stock locate them and they let me price match also use my vip rewards.
from what i've been told even though the 3 are the same company, they do operate independent of each other, and even across diff regions, like my FTA in El Paso will mil disco any thing after 2wks and even items on sale, where as in Killeen they refused to mil disco a sale item bcuz they can only offer one discount, yeah i know makes sense right? also in the El Paso stores i can use the receipt coupons with mil disco but i can't use bday coupons with mil disco it's all weird and stupid how things work at these shoe stores across the nation, i think the worst is not price matching the online prices at times, but trade off is the exclusion comes off faster in store than online
mean.gif

Was able to use my rewards at another location, even though I had to make a drive grabbing the asgs for 115 is all I wanted :pimp:

Yea, just because one of the chains has a shoe for certain price that doesn't mean all of the stores under the umbrella have the same sale. This is why the price match is considered an offer.

thats what im trying to tell you. Price matching is NOT the same as stock locator.

Price matching is when, say House of hoops has a shoe, but not your size for $100. You to go Finish line, who has the size you want but the shoe is $150. You alert them to the fact that house of hoops has them for $100 and Finish Line price matches and manually lowers the price down to $100 for you.

im 100% sure they CAN lower the price manually then apply the coupon..........but im also 100% sure they`d be getting a phone call in the near future from corporate asking why they did it.

Back
Top Bottom