The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

I've never understood brand loyalty, I have always found it stupid. I do not understand not being able to look at stuff from a personal perspective, going with what looks good to you, on you, with it working for you. I never understood how people think that if they wear a certain brand that they would get " girls". Right, it is not about your personal style, charisma, charm, manners, it's about the shoes. Am I missing something here? Last years LeBron shoe did not look sexy on anybody, and apparently, they didn't feel too sexy on LeBron either. He wears the cheaper model, the Soldier, right?
Lol man, I'm getting to my mid-30s. Birds in my age group care less about Nikes, Jordans, Skechers or the Alibaba specials. A good career, assets and minimal liabilities speak volumes vs. boxes and boxes of sneakers.
laugh.gif

I've always been a Reebok & Nike/JB cat so it hurts to see the former on life support and the latter having the ability to be different but choosing not to.
 If you are being shoes to "get girls". I don't know man......lol
Dude must be in highschool thinking like that man lol, that's the mind of an adolescent male haha
Dudes who wear Yeezys/J's and dudes who wear adidas sandals smash all the same girls
Don't try to play. You know Vood brought up SKETCHERS. ITS THE S. We're not talking adidas sandals, we're not even talking under armor here.

I do believe homie talked about "standing out"? If many of you "older dudes" say you don't care about the attraction aspect of nice shoes, even though it's one of the first things people notice when people take note of appearance, then why are you guys complaining about differentiating yourself from dudes wearing J's?

I'm not gonna say hypocrite, but if you don't care about women liking your shoes then you're telling me you care more about being a snowflake when you're walking through the mall or the DMV?

By all means, go get some sketchers or even some dada supremes, lace them joints up, live your life and chronicle your success 

Last edited:
I don't know if that's exactly what everyone was saying. Sure, it's nice sometimes to have a shoe not a lot of people have. Also, you should buy what you like and not "what you think other people will like". I have a certain amount of money is I'll let myself spend. If I like the shoe, I would buy them, but I'm also not gonna let myself keep buying the same ole junk Jordans because some girl might like them. I buy shoes I like......I could not care less what other people think about the shoes on my feet. Also, let's not pretend there wasn't a time when DADA was the thing. I never owned a pair, but I remember seeing them on the magazines and people wearing them. Its all trends and they come and go.

Lol it's not so much about the rise and fall of dada supreme and more about how hawkish some people are getting about sneakers.

Also, I will for sure wear a pair of shoes that a girl I'm dating likes. If she says, "Oh! I like those!" You can bet plenty of money I'll wear them more when she's around.

Is it really a negative to you guys to buy a pair of shoes because not only do they look good, but the opposite sex is into them over some work shoes from a department store? Do you really forsake the magnetism of your youth????

I do think NIKE needs to up their materials, but they still make more comfortable shoes than most of the top footwear manufacturers. It's one thing to be disgruntled, but completely another to speak and be so unnecessarily impetuous

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt all the Adidas Kanye UA talk in the Lebron 14 thread but yall just wait patiently for them...Lebron models are tanking so nike designers in asia now trying to start it up. Til then yall got the soldier 10

Don't try to play. You know Vood brought up SKETCHERS. ITS THE S. We're not talking adidas sandals, we're not even talking under armor here.

I do believe homie talked about "standing out"? If many of you "older dudes" say you don't care about the attraction aspect of nice shoes, even though it's one of the first things people notice when people take note of appearance, then why are you guys complaining about differentiating yourself from dudes wearing J's?

I'm not gonna say hypocrite, but if you don't care about women liking your shoes then you're telling me you care more about being a snowflake when you're walking through the mall or the DMV?

By all means, go get some sketchers or even some dada supremes, lace them joints up, live your life and chronicle your success 
Pardon me, no disrespect intended in my response, but once I came upon my own personal style, it did not matter what anyone else thought of my choices in footwear, nor anything else. First you must accept you, and then everyone else that you allow into your life, including those that you are attracted to, must accept you. If they don't, get rid of them, pure and simple. You cannot buy your way into people liking you, nor educate yourself into people liking you, nor dress yourself into people digging you. If you are not accepting of yourself, nothing you place on your feet will ever matter. Nike, does not matter.

Last edited:
hilarious people ACTUALLY think Nike is in trouble...

Reminds me of those android people who hound Apple lol

Last edited:
Nike missed the shift on basketball shoes for casual style its more runners and casual shoes.   They will take a loss on basketball and gain it in other markets namely Womens and running.  They also started OVER producing most of the shoes, which is what we as fans asked for years for them to do.   With nike also starting to control more and more of their own sales them taking a loss on one shoe or a niche market is not going to hurt them.   

Nike missed the shift on basketball shoes for casual style its more runners and casual shoes.   They will take a loss on basketball and gain it in other markets namely Womens and running.  They also started OVER producing most of the shoes, which is what we as fans asked for years for them to do.   With nike also starting to control more and more of their own sales them taking a loss on one shoe or a niche market is not going to hurt them.   

Colorways are what causes the issues in basketball market for me. They drop SO many colorways that just don't make sense (and usually ugly compared to the player editions that they don't drop or allow on NikeID). Jordan used to have 4-5 colorways drop. I know it's a different day and age, but if you stick with a base 4-5, a christmas edition, bhm, and all star that's more than enough. Especially if they choose to do an Elite as well. No more that 8 for a base model.

Last edited:
Pardon me, no disrespect intended in my response, but once I came upon my own personal style, it did not matter what anyone else thought of my choices in footwear, nor anything else. First you must accept you, and then everyone else that you allow into your life, including those that you are attracted to, must accept you. If they don't, get rid of them, pure and simple. You cannot buy your way into people liking you, nor educate yourself into people liking you, nor dress yourself into people digging you. If you are not accepting of yourself, nothing you place on your feet will ever matter. Nike, does not matter.
You are one seriously preachy cat

Colorways are what causes the issues in basketball market for me. They drop SO many colorways that just don't make sense (and usually ugly compared to the player editions that they don't drop or allow on NikeID). Jordan used to have 4-5 colorways drop. I know it's a different day and age, but if you stick with a base 4-5, a christmas edition, bhm, and all star that's more than enough. Especially if they choose to do an Elite as well. No more that 8 for a base model.
This right here, couldn't agree more. The yearly "collect them all" approach probably made sense years ago with more competent base models, but with so. damn. many variants and takedowns of every sig shoe and spin offs basketball wise, they're diluting their products a little too heavily. And also the ability to see into the future with leaks and samples posted on IG etc, passing on releases for better ones gets easier and easier

However, the Lebron sig line aside, which has never been on and is still chasing a Jordan level of recognition and celebration, they still make better looking gear than the rest of the playing field. This game just has valleys and peaks

Last edited:

What Nike Basketball shoes (released over the past 20 years) can you actually wear casually? The ones with crossover appeal are few and far in between.

the hell? are you trolling?

No-can you name some? Especially after the 90s, the crossover appeal has largely diminished. There are a few models like the AZG or Kobe 10 that seem to have turned into successful crossover lifestyle sneakers but most of Nike Basketballs offerings don't look very good off court. I blame the increase in synthetic materials and plastics and diminishing usage of leather. Even some of the earlier models would look silly to wear with jeans/casually nowadays (can you imagine wearing Flightposite 3s, Shox Stunnas or VC2s casually?).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom