The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

That's good. Continue trying to be funny/sarcastic even though I admitted I was wrong and close-minded. 
wink.gif

I wasn't actually referencing you. I quoted the person AND referenced the person I was talking about.
I mean this whole thing stemmed from my comment, but whatever

No need to be so sensitive my man. You may have read too far into my comment that wasn't directed to you.

I said I didn't realize that it wasn't ok to wear basketball shoes. That's probably for you.

The other comments were for sckid and I quoted him.

Just for the record, I wasn't trying to say that people shouldn't wear basketball shoes casually anymore because less people are doing it. Maybe it was a little too close minded because I was only considering my area where I saw basketball kicks on all the time and now I barely see them.
Same.

No need to be so sensitive my man. You may have read too far into my comment that wasn't directed to you.

I said I didn't realize that it wasn't ok to wear basketball shoes. That's probably for you.

Ah I see. Sorry for not realizing the mix-up.

Ah I see. Sorry for not realizing the mix-up.

All good homie. Hope you had a blessed holiday.

@Dc30 good informative posting as expected.

To the others, do you really believe that bulky, high/mid basketball shoes aren't trendy? Because if that were the case then JB retro would be doing far, far worse than Nike basketball.

Pricing of inline Nike basketball product is definitely problematic but daily JB retro product is even more problematic. On one hand you have Nike claiming that seamless, one piece, plastic shoes are bleeding edge, but at the same time you have NBA cats et al sporting JB retro on NBA media days and on the courts too.

There's a clear contradiction here and Nike has to address it at some stage but they seem to be fine with the status quo.
I think that retro Js are definitely the exception because of nostalgia reasons and timeless design, but also you can find True Blue 3s with Nike Air on the back in stores right now. Did not think I would see that. Players play in retros to stand out, but also because they were ahead of their time and have fairly modern tech starting around 7-10. But definitely not because they're better than modern top of the line offerings from JB, Nike, and Adidas

Define casual...

I wear current basketball shoes with cuffed sweats while running errands sometimes. But never with denim unless it's an earlier model retro Jordan. (1-12)

Define casual...

I wear current basketball shoes with cuffed sweats while running errands sometimes. But never with denim unless it's an earlier model retro Jordan. (1-12)

Casual includes jeans. I may be wrong but I think jeans are what's implied in this case and not sweats.

Good points @Dc30  
nthat.gif

I actually didn't know that about Footlocker and their push back on Nike for the LBJ and KD lines.  

It's gotta start somewhere...the consumers have become a bit more savvy and sat out sigs until they discount, so that has to make retailers like FTL and others feel it. Props to them for going right to the source and saying lower that stuff.  It obviously worked too, KD 9's are one of his best models and cheaper than the 8's, and now the LBJ 14's going down in price.   

Casual includes jeans. I may be wrong but I think jeans are what's implied in this case and not sweats.

Nah, I can't do it... just a personal preference. Not knocking anyone who does it or saying it's a "bad look"...

The only current hooping shoes I'd try to pull off with denim is the KD 9's and the Flyknit Kobe 11's...

From Jordans.....

View media item 2285750

To KDs......

View media item 2285749

To Lebrons I rock denim....

View media item 2285747

And while its personal preference I'll rock some Nike therma sphere max sweats with the tapered bottoms to show a little more of the sneaker.

View media item 2285745
Or some Nike Hyperelite sweats....

View media item 2285782
I wear my Brons with denim because to me it looks better. Brons are bulky looking and I wear a size 12. So the cuff and tapered look doesnt look right to me.

Back
Top Bottom