THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 8-24-24

Love everything about the 8ā€™s except how they felt on court for me :lol:

The Purple Fades are one of my all time favorite cwā€™s of any model. Broke them out for a beautiful weekend here in FL.

4ADE9B42-868F-4FD1-B06B-90E94FFF233F.jpeg

What was wrong on court?
I never even played in them but I donā€™t even like them much for casual walking. My Pythons bottomed out so quick, and I only wore them sparingly. When I put them on now, theyā€™re one of the worst-cushioned shoes I own. Iā€™ve never been able to understand how so many people rave about VIIIs on the court. Maybe brand new, but after a few weeks? No thanks.

I never even played in them but I donā€™t even like them much for casual walking. My Pythons bottomed out so quick, and I only wore them sparingly. When I put them on now, theyā€™re one of the worst-cushioned shoes I own. Iā€™ve never been able to understand how so many people rave about VIIIs on the court. Maybe brand new, but after a few weeks? No thanks.
Iā€™m gonna have to agree on the 8s. They feel so close to the ground already and the cushioning is very thin. I play outdoors and feel the impact every time I land. I love the 8s but it pains me every time I play, literally.
6s were the best in terms of feel for me. Soft cushioning and extremely lite.
3s are very underrated, the outsole is very durable especially for outdoors.

I liked the 8 looks wise, but I feel like they went gimmicky for a money grab with the drop in midsoles with the 7-9 and the bottoming out was something they liked cause it meant people needed to buy new pairs faster. They even sold just the insoles for a while. Sucks they canā€™t do much with the protro unless they just give us zoom this time which Iā€™d prefer.

So the 11-12th man on nba roster that only plays 3 mins a season has access to unlimited/unreleased colors of the Kobe 6s but we canā€™t get one General Release?

So the 11-12th man on nba roster that only plays 3 mins a season has access to unlimited/unreleased colors of the Kobe 6s but we canā€™t get one General Release?
The original point of that is to increase hype and get more people on board to buying a pair, but the irony is that theyā€™re so limited that hardly anyone can buy a pair.

Uhh yeah.. theyā€™re NBA players :lol: Plus the 11th/12th man on a professional team is still one of the best players in the world
Understood but in the past Kobe would be the only player with PEs then when the Team Bank (TB) released players like Ginobli and other NBA players would get access to those color ways. Now there isnā€™t any TB releases or even GRs and NBA players are wearing the PEs. Thatā€™s like if everyone was wearing Lebron 18 PEs and we couldnā€™t get a GR

Seriously, those bums donā€™t even deserve Kobeā€™s but have unlimited access to them.

And before anyone comes and says ā€œBut theyā€™re in the NBAā€, I donā€™t think Nike cares much about Josh Pinkelstein wearing Kobeā€™s when heā€™s the 14th man.

Back
Top Bottom