THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

Finally got my first good club set up. Time to start taking things seriously!

Went full on Nike Nerd. Vapor Fly Irons 4-AW, 3 Hybrid, 3 Wood, Driver. Method Origin B1-01 Putter.

HUGE thanks to NT’s own @woody23 for the hook up on Driver and some balls as well! Thanks a ton man.

36DC2502-87FE-4649-BD77-1F9C146E8CBB.jpeg

Went full on Nike Nerd. Vapor Fly Irons 4-AW, 3 Hybrid, 3 Wood, Driver. Method Origin B1-01 Putter.

HUGE thanks to NT’s own @woody23 for the hook up on Driver and some balls as well! Thanks a ton man.

Very very nice :pimp:. I see that Engage wedge peeking out, those were some of the most underrated wedges. Look cool as hell when they start to rust too. I won't ever play a non-raw wedge again.

I'm pissed Nike stopped making balls. The RZN Tour Black from a couple years ago were my favorite ever.

Toe sweep!! I was more of a dual sole man tho. But I tried both.

Awesome. Info on the bag and that storage thingy in the back? Dunno what that's called but looks very convenient for storage

Very very nice :pimp:. I see that Engage wedge peeking out, those were some of the most underrated wedges. Look cool as hell when they start to rust too. I won't ever play a non-raw wedge again.

Ya these seem to be a real cult classic. I grabbed this one for $30 shipped off 2nd swing. Went back and forth on Toe Sweep vs. Square. Wasn’t sure if I’d be able to really take advantage of the Toe Sweep as a rookie but I like it a lot so far. It’s got me wanting to buy a couple of new ones now to age/patina at the same time as each other. Even maybe to stash for a couple years from now.

Awesome. Info on the bag and that storage thingy in the back? Dunno what that's called but looks very convenient for storage

Bag is a Nike “Air Sport” pretty sure an older model. Picked up on Offer Up new with tags for a good deal.

Storage in the back came from Ikea I believe. Super cheap, very convenient. Especially with limited space because you can move it out of the way super easy.

554E8A31-BE9C-491C-97FC-11FB04CAD61C.jpeg

These wedges are freaking awesome. Might even try to grab a 50 to replace my Vapor Fly A wedge because I like these so much.

554E8A31-BE9C-491C-97FC-11FB04CAD61C.jpeg

These wedges are freaking awesome. Might even try to grab a 50 to replace my Vapor Fly A wedge because I like these so much.
Great pickups. My 50 square is my last remaining Engage wedge. I have a 54 and 58 Cleveland RTX3 as my other two wedges, but the 50 Engage is so versatile that it can't seem to find it's way out of the bag :lol:.

IMG_7233.jpg

Nice! Nike's doing a great job with their releases this year. Too bad the Masters collection got scrapped

Great pickups. My 50 square is my last remaining Engage wedge. I have a 54 and 58 Cleveland RTX3 as my other two wedges, but the 50 Engage is so versatile that it can't seem to find it's way out of the bag :lol:.

IMG_7233.jpg

Decided to grab a 50 as well to replace my Vapor Fly A Wedge just because I liked the 56/50 so much. Gonna play these for a month or too and if I still love them as much I may go ahead and grab a back up set for a few years down the line.

Love the denim pack. My fear with the denim would be that they would be green and impossible to clean after a few rounds.

So glad I got the safari AM1s though

Love the denim pack. My fear with the denim would be that they would be green and impossible to clean after a few rounds.

So glad I got the safari AM1s though

They are really easy to clean. The denim gets wet like normal denim would. I just wipe them down every few holes and then clean them up after. I usually play in the mornings when the grass is wet. During the summer or when it’s hot, they should stay clean.

I played last week in the Safari’s and it was 90 degrees. My feet were burning, lol, because the shoes were black and attracted the heat from the sun. I know now to wear white hahaha when it’s really hot.

I think I will return the Roshe’s. They don’t bend that comfortably and feel a little stiff. Plus afraid of ruining the bottom.

Played today...a little overcast, but better than the heat...

Bonus pic...

They are really easy to clean. The denim gets wet like normal denim would. I just wipe them down every few holes and then clean them up after. I usually play in the mornings when the grass is wet. During the summer or when it’s hot, they should stay clean.

I played last week in the Safari’s and it was 90 degrees. My feet were burning, lol, because the shoes were black and attracted the heat from the sun. I know now to wear white hahaha when it’s really hot.

I think I will return the Roshe’s. They don’t bend that comfortably and feel a little stiff. Plus afraid of ruining the bottom.

Did you try for the 11 lows? Tried but struck out. I did the the AM1s though.

FYI my boy has been finding the flagship Lunar shoes (Lunar Vapor?) from a few years back at Ross lately for $30. Check your local stores.

Probably the minority here but I’ve not liked all 3 majors pack for the footwear. Hope I like something from the open championship pack.

Have you guys tried golfkicks? Ive used each of these kicks for at least 2 rounds. They’re great! Only issue I’ve run into is the epic react losing 1 cleat. That was my fault because I screwed them into the soft foam part. Golfkicks recommends not using them on foam parts, rubber parts/soles of the bottoms. Other than that, they’ve been awesome.

55C25D11-4EF8-4D55-89B6-1ED0B9B310F3.jpeg
7D9EF0ED-57E1-45FD-8047-53443DE01539.jpeg
B80255ED-1BA3-4D80-968F-405D14CA011D.jpeg

4517409B-D459-40F9-91F5-C44AFCD67CAB.jpeg

Have you guys tried golfkicks? Ive used each of these kicks for at least 2 rounds. They’re great! Only issue I’ve run into is the epic react losing 1 cleat. That was my fault because I screwed them into the soft foam part. Golfkicks recommends not using them on foam parts, rubber parts/soles of the bottoms. Other than that, they’ve been awesome.

55C25D11-4EF8-4D55-89B6-1ED0B9B310F3.jpeg
7D9EF0ED-57E1-45FD-8047-53443DE01539.jpeg
B80255ED-1BA3-4D80-968F-405D14CA011D.jpeg

4517409B-D459-40F9-91F5-C44AFCD67CAB.jpeg

Interesting. I've been slipping around on the tee box lately when wearing spikeless shoes. Maybe I'll give these a try.
But I find that actual golf shoe uppers have the support that regular "kicks" don't give me. Ie. when I'm ranging with AMs or something, my left foot feels like it's going to bust out of the shoe - might be an indicator I'm swaying a bit too.

Transitioning out of flag football to golf. Love the challenge so far and it is also great for my job as well.

As a beginner, and this is a footwear board what kind of shoe would yall recommend? I was looking at the Jordan ADG as a spike less option and going through the last couple of pages it looks like there is a mix between spike less or spikes.

Appreciate all the help!

Back
Top Bottom